TH-Hanatake (For The Haunted Mod) [PICS\DL] [B2] 6/01/2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TH-Hanatake (For The Haunted Mod) [PICS\DL] [B2] 6/01/2009

ORIG. MAP MADE BY DINKELSTEFAN!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to have THE HAUNTED MOD Version 2.01 installed in order to play the Map.

Name: TH-Hanatake
    Version: beta 2
    Compatibility: PC, patch 2.1, titan pack
    Description: a haunted map made originally from http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=645445
    Comments: my first release

Changes since beta 1:
    Added in fog
    put more barrels around the map
    added the flamer
    more dynamite
    NO MORE BATS! yay!
    And that's pretty much all I could think of :P

put in some some fog, took out that whacky skull thingamajiggers

got to this dragon when you need help!

yeah, its a random one

Credits: dinkelstefan, Epic, HEGI
    Homepage: nahhhh
    Download: Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?42dtmtmmzjt
    FileFront: http://files.filefront.com/TH+Hanata.../fileinfo.html

post any feedback or issues

downloading, post feedback later

Comment

Downloading.

Comment

A few things I noticed:

Water
        The realtime reflections are cool, but they are really dragging frame rates down. If you insist on keeping them I would suggest scaling the water plane down. Currently, it is 9 times larger then the playable area of the map so we're rendering a lot more reflections then necessary.

A water volume would be nice so that we can here splashes while running in the water.

Bot Pathing
        This needs to be given a lot of attention. The monsters do not navigate this map very well at all. A lot of times they see me but can't determine how to get to me. This is evidenced by the large number of bats that keep spawning. They only spawn when a monster can't reach you. At one time I had between 15 and 20 bats chasing me. Being such a linear map with no real camping spots I wouldn't expect to see any bats ever.

Barrels
        The barrels would be of much greater use if they were evenly distributed throughout the map. Right now they are bunched up in corners which means I have to drag anything chasing me into a corner before shooting the barrels. Placing them throughout the map along normal paths would allow me to shoot a barrel as I'm running by it.

Also, in the editor you might have noticed that the barrels have an arrow attached to them. The arrow shows which direction the barrel will explode. Try rotating the barrels so that they explode in different directions. Right now they all explode in the same direction.

Overall it was a nice first map. If you are able to improve framerates and bot pathing, I'd be more then happy to host it on my server.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontAXL View Post
          A few things I noticed:

Water
          The realtime reflections are cool, but they are really dragging frame rates down. If you insist on keeping them I would suggest scaling the water plane down. Currently, it is 9 times larger then the playable area of the map so we're rendering a lot more reflections then necessary.

A water volume would be nice so that we can here splashes while running in the water.

Bot Pathing
          This needs to be given a lot of attention. The monsters do not navigate this map very well at all. A lot of times they see me but can't determine how to get to me. This is evidenced by the large number of bats that keep spawning. They only spawn when a monster can't reach you. At one time I had between 15 and 20 bats chasing me. Being such a linear map with no real camping spots I wouldn't expect to see any bats ever.

Barrels
          The barrels would be of much greater use if they were evenly distributed throughout the map. Right now they are bunched up in corners which means I have to drag anything chasing me into a corner before shooting the barrels. Placing them throughout the map along normal paths would allow me to shoot a barrel as I'm running by it.

Also, in the editor you might have noticed that the barrels have an arrow attached to them. The arrow shows which direction the barrel will explode. Try rotating the barrels so that they explode in different directions. Right now they all explode in the same direction.

Overall it was a nice first map. If you are able to improve framerates and bot pathing, I'd be more then happy to host it on my server.

excellent post! the only other thing i'd add: maybe change up your lighting a bit. map is way to bright. keep up the good work!

Comment

A bit of feedback:
            Turn the brightness down on the mountains, one side is massively overexposed to the extent that it looks like it has an emissive map.

Do something about the sky near the sun, it's overexposed too so it's going turquoise.

The sniper is floating in mid air.

The grenade launcher is floating just above the water. I assume it's supposed to be floating on the wayer but I'm pretty sure it would sink.

There's only one dynamite pickup (which I can find) which is very close to the sniper pickup (if you're having so few pickups at least spread them out) and is floating in mid air).

I couldn't find a flamer thrower pickup.

The table (?) in the centre building is floating off the ground as are several other instances of this mesh and a good number of other meshes.

Having that water effect is all well and good but making the plane huge for the sake of seeing out of that one gate is silly. Get rid of the being able to see through the gate and reduce the plane's size.
            To be honest I'd just get rid of the mirroring effect, at low angles it reflects things that are nowhere near the water (thus are blocked by the bank) and couldn't possibly be reflected in it in real life because light from those objects can't bounce off the water.

The skybox needs to be alot bigger and moved down, you can see where the dome curves downward from the playable area (watch the clouds).

Comment

too bad pll dont give feedback when it map was in beta ( there is a DM version of this map
              but better late then never

Comment

Yeah, I'll do all of those things but on some... ehhh I'm a little iffy cause I can't do it, so along the way, you'll have to tell me what to do er something.
                PS. I'm a newbie. And I thought I had that sniper on the ground!!!

Comment

Originally posted by D34th5trike View Post
                  And I thought I had that sniper on the ground!!!
                  Something I have notice with placing items in Haunted maps is that the collsion radius of the pickup cannot intersect the collision of static meshes or blocking volumes or it will magically float in midair after rebuilding paths. Try moving it away from the walls a bit and it should be fine. To see collisions in the editor, press c.

Comment

Alright, so far I edited the map a little, got more frame rate and no bats have chased me yet. Added more barrels and added the flamer also. Although, I still don't know how to reduce the brightness of those skies and the add water volume and stuff. Help!?!?

Comment

http://www.hourences.com/book/tutorialsindex.htm

Comment

Wait, so how do I reduce the brightness of the map, cause that tutorial helped in some parts.

Comment

you didnt ask for permission to do this D34th5trike please ask for permission to do this

Comment

WTF you guys think he created this, he copied my map without asking permission
                            IT ISNT EVEN HIS MAP!
                            here is the origional: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...light=hanatake

if you want to copy or use anything from my map ask permission first: stefandinkeltje@gmail.com
                            How can i report this guy?

Comment

There's a little yellow triangle on the left hand side next to each post, click the one next to the first post in the thread and then explain what he's done.

Comment

Working...
                              X