X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
    Need some kinda of an "event"
    I'd agree with that, it needs a demon super power thing.

I seem to have to use more than one dynamite on your destructible walls fairly often which is a bit annoying and ruins any flow you have going.

Smoother collision in the field bit would be nice, you get stuck on the little mounds that look like you can walk over them and it makes passing through that field a nightmare.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Missed this map will get it on «ne» Haunted server when it goes final

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Need some kinda of an "event"
    Make the level go dark and do somehting with the lighthouse's light

Leave a comment:

• replied
    bump......

if no1 else has any feedback, this will go final tomorrow!

last chance for alcohol

once again thanks to all that have responded so far.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Update June 1, 2009

I'm glad everything worked out for you Rhykker, and thank you for your feedback

OK...... Update to beta04.

Chang Log: from beta03
    -fix AI getting stuck in certain places.
    -most of optimizing is done.maybe few more things in final.
    -add climb volumes @ Barn & church areas
    -add in game screenshot
    -reduced level fog brightness a bit.
    -Redid few things @ hay field.

Download: TH-LightHouse_Beta04

this will be the last beta before a final release.... well on less there are any other problems.

please post any feedback necessary, thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Loaded up TH, tried to IP connect to Axl's server. For a moment, I saw the map, but it was frozen. Instead of crashing, I got sent back to the main menu without any error message.

Tried to IP connect again, and it worked! Got to play a round on the server; everything went smoothly. Nice map

I don't know if it was because of the map or because of the server setup, but no bats spawned - which was great

The cornfields were quite creepy; nice effect. There's not as much Z-axis gameplay as in the stock TH maps, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I think that's what actually may be responsible for the paucity of bats. Visually, it's perfect. I haven't tested it enough to make a serious comment on the gameplay, but from that round I played, I didn't encounter any issues.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    some good suggestions there axl

Rhykker,i did see in axl's server earlier, is it working for you now?

beta04 will be up in few hours it's on Axl's Server already.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Rhykker, you have the map installed in the correct folder. My PC has similar specs to yours and I'm able to play this map just fine. Here's a few possibilities to check out:

Have you installed The Haunted patch v2.01? The map was made with this version.

It's possible the map file is corrupted. Try redownloading and reinstalling the map.

I doubt this is the issue, but make sure video drivers are up to date.

Just out of curiosity, try connecting to my server and downloading it from there. It's on redirect so it shouldn't take too long to download. The server IP is in Wolverine's original post.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I put the map files in:

My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\HauntedGame\published\Maps_Schlauchi

because that's where I saw the files for the other maps. I know that Schlauchi is the TH mapper, so putting your map in that folder is technically incorrect, but I didn't know where else to put it.

My specs:
    P4, 3 gig. 1 gig RAM. 7600GT.

I run the game on very low graphics settings.

The first time LH crashed, it actually loaded into the map for a second: I could see the lighthouse, but the game was frozen. Then I got blackscreened, and eventually the error msg saying that game crashed popped up. No useful information, just your standard windows error message.

The next two times, it went straight from loading screen to blackscreen, without seeing the map, to the crash error message.

I've experienced this type of crash before, such as when I would try to start a game with too many bots (eg 30).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
    Was really looking forward to trying this out, because the screenshots look fantastic and I've been waiting for a new TH map to get back into TH... Unfortunately, I tried to load the map three times, and each time it crashed my game

I guess my PC just isn't powerful enough to run this map.

WOW, thats odd! you're the first person to say that. just out of curiosity, where did you install the map(path)? and, also what are your system spec's?
    i have a friend with a 1920's pc lol and runs just fine on his rig. map doesn't have anymore higher details than the 2 previous TH maps, so I'm not sure whats going on. what does it say when it crashes? also maybe try joining AXL's Server to see what happens.

talk to you soon....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Was really looking forward to trying this out, because the screenshots look fantastic and I've been waiting for a new TH map to get back into TH... Unfortunately, I tried to load the map three times, and each time it crashed my game

I guess my PC just isn't powerful enough to run this map.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Flak View Post
    The map looks beautiful Wolverine.
    thank you young lady , i'm glad you like it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The map looks beautiful Wolverine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks for all the replies guys
    much appreciated

Originally posted by xViperAKx View Post
    AI gets hitched up on fences, quite frequently. Especially by the church (maybe the demons are held in check by the power of [insert name here], so much so that they can't hop fences). I've had many instances in which I can just sit and watch the bots run towards me but make no progress at all in reaching me. Kinda sad, but silly at the same time.

I'll post an image if you'd like to know where it is.

thanks for the feedback viper,and yes i agree with you 100%. i was trying few crazy things with pathing that didn't work out well. but... everything has been fixed since beta03, I should have beta04 out later tonight, or sometime tomorrow with improved AI.

BTW, did you or anyone else thats played the map figure out how to get 4 weapons? freezer and sniper are easy, but there's a bit more to getting the nade launcher and flamer.

also anyone find the "little perk" yet?

hint, hint....it's in 1 of the pic's in the first row

EDIT:

BTW2.... i'm taking this quote from HEGI into consideration as well. so i might be coming out with a night version too.

Originally posted by HEGI View Post
    The TH-Lighthouse map looks really cool. Maybe you could turn it into a night time map.

once again thank you all

Leave a comment:

• replied
    AI gets hitched up on fences, quite frequently. Especially by the church (maybe the demons are held in check by the power of [insert name here], so much so that they can't hop fences). I've had many instances in which I can just sit and watch the bots run towards me but make no progress at all in reaching me. Kinda sad, but silly at the same time.

I'll post an image if you'd like to know where it is.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X