Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-Q3DM7 Quake 3 remake [ Beta 1]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well for my 2 remakes, I didn't export anything.
    I simply had the Q3 editor open alongside UED and basically copied what I saw.
    Lots of work, but I'm happy with the result

Comment

very good beta!

Um, so this was never finalized? Anyway, I always loved the original Q3 map and the UT version is good but the bots tend to congregate around two spots and get stuck a little in one of them. This UT3 version is extremely futuristic (totally different greenish look like a Borg ship)with some changed weapon and item spots and I like the blue lightning/plasma in place of the lava. Also noticed you changed the transporter location and added a route underneath (unless I missed that in the Q3 version). To answer your questions: 1) the pickup distribution is slightly different, but better than the UT version and i like it, 2) the player starts seem balanced to me, 3) love the extra scenery and I consider it cool UT3 upgrades and I don't think it's over the top at all, 4) the sky is awesome (black/white clouds), 5) the sound is perfect and I like the energy channels and blue glow.

EDIT: at least your bots were better than the ones in that UT version, yikes!

Comment

I'm glad I subscribed to this thread or I would have missed this.
        Thanks for the great comments and I'm glad you like it.

It is true that I never finalized it though unfortunately.
        I was making it as part of a mod, which died off shortly before finishing, and UT3 itself was flagging a bit.

I did try, but just couldn't get the bots to behave themselves, and after many posts asking for help on forums, I had to give up.
        Having said that, people were generally happy with the map as it was, I think it's pretty balanced - gameplay was always the most important thing here, and I copied the general feel from the Campgrounds map I also converted over to UT3.
        For multiplayer purposes the beta could be considered finished.

I've not touched UT3 for a few years now and wouldn't really have the know how to finalize the map.

Just loaded up UT3 myself (funny it just worked without reinstalling) - I impressed myself with my own map here having not seen it for 3 years!

Comment

Working...
        X