• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PS3] SpeedX 0.02 [BETA 2] [Pics] [Download]

Name: SpeedX
    Version: 0.02 beta 2
    Compatibility: PS3

Description: Dynamically modify GameSpeed and FireRateMultiplier via a mutator configuration screen.
    Comments: Uzi Downes' PCSpeedX was the inspiration to painstakingly seek out the combination of settings/code/ui to this otherwise incredibly simple mutator, and bob.gneu for the tutorials on the gneu website.
    Credits: uzi downes, bob.gneu, epic

Homepage: http://www.moddb.com/mods/speedx

Download: http://www.moddb.com/mods/speedx/downloads

Change Log:
    v0.02 beta 2
    uiscene modifications
    minor bug fixes

v0.02 beta 1
    PS3 configuration menu "accept" and "back" buttons now work!
    minor bug fixes

v0.01 (private unreleased)
    gamespeed modification
    firingrate modification
    PS3 configuration menu loads!

*screenshot taken on PC

It works great, but it does look a little screwed on the PS3 version (mine atleast). How did you do this by the way? Could you upload the script and the packages? (So i can and other people can do this for other PS3 stuff) Thx in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by euchreplayer23 View Post
      It works great, but it does look a little screwed on the PS3 version (mine atleast).
      Like I said in the original post, I am not a graphic designer. I played around with photoshop and unrealed to get those logos working as targa files with alpha until the result was "acceptable".

How did you do this by the way?
      Trial and error. Time. Research. Looking at other code ALOT! I found 2 big challenges to getting this to work. Getting the scene to display at all, and then once it was displaying I could not use the "X" Accept button. I put that "Mutators" button (it does nothing atm) there to signify it is BETA discretely.

Could you upload the script and the packages? (So i can and other people can do this for other PS3 stuff)
      When I finalize the code, I will release the source and UnEd package. Full disclosure, with tutorial, but sorry not until finalization.

-hi3

Comment

omg i been waiting for something like this thank you man for ps3 support..

Comment

sorry to spam im testing the ps3 version is just when i press square sometimes it takes a little long for comand and the fire rate doesnt stay in place when i move it , The question is can u add another one?????? like Fire Range PLEASE!!!!!
          OMG u have no idea how good this is......PLEASE FIRE RANGE! and thank you for this mod

Comment

Originally posted by FastShotAbe View Post
            im testing the ps3 version is just when i press square sometimes it takes a little long for comand
            I am not sure what you mean by this, and where. If you mean it takes a while for the SpeedX uiscene to appear from the mutator config screen when you press square, I say, hmmm. If you mean that pressing square (mutators button) from within the SpeedX uiscene does nothing, you would be correct. The square mutators button is there as I said above as a visual queue to myself that it is beta code, that button will not be present in the final version.

and the fire rate doesnt stay in place when i move it ,
            I have noticed a ui bug in returning to FireRate from GameSpeed. I think this is an UnrealEd issue with defining something like "back". For now make sure you have the value in FireRate that you want before you go onto GameSpeed. At this time settings are not stored across system resets or game restarts. I am investigating UE3 persistent permanent storage on the PS3 now it may or may not be in the final.

The question is can u add another one?????? like Fire Range PLEASE!!!!!
            OMG u have no idea how good this is......PLEASE FIRE RANGE! and thank you for this mod
            This particular mutator will be limited to adjusting speed related settings.

-hi3

Comment

it works allright4now,add shooting range and jump hight and that would solve many problems

Comment

lol fastshot, i sent u a PM

Comment

Please download beta 2 and let me know if you have any issues. Several bugs have been fixed that prevented settings above 180.

Comment

Originally posted by hi3 View Post
                    Please download beta 2 and let me know if you have any issues. Several bugs have been fixed that prevented settings above 180.
                    Update:
                    Since the UI and the Mutator are completely seperate classes and the only new introduction here is the PS3 UI, I will be promoting this to 0.02 FINAL at the end of this week unless a functionality blocking bug is found (I have looked over the code for logic anomalies and recently refactored the uiscene just to make sure the uiscene was proper). As a future todo I would like to have the settings inside a "uilist" so the gamepad controls work better, but I do not wish to add such a major internal change until 0.03 currently it works as advertised.

Has anyone tried this mutator on PS3 as server?

In theory it should work, based on what it does, and how it does it. Speed Freak/SlowMo and Super Berzerk accomplish the same thing, in the same manner, just no menu to tweak the settings.

-hi3

Comment

i use it alot but no one joins why? i love it do, i wish it had a shot range too so we can decide how far the flak canon reach or other weapons, good for Deathmatch also the bounce of the wall shot is really annoying good for noobs.

Comment

it stop working for no reason i removed it im going to load it again see what happends.

Comment

is there but even do i change speed and everything it dont work the first one did the one with the bugs

Comment

Working...
                          X