Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WAR-Rizer Beta 0.3 [Pics] [Download] [PC] [PS3] (updated 05/14/09)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR-Rizer Beta 0.3 [Pics] [Download] [PC] [PS3] (updated 05/14/09)

Updated 05/14/09

Name: WAR-Rizer
    Version: Beta 0.3
    Compatibility: Built with UT3 version 2.1 with the Titan Pack

Download (PC): WAR-Rizer Beta .3
    Download (PS3): WAR-Rizer Beta .3 (first PS3 cook so PS3 owners please let me know if you have any problems)

I would like to hear anything you guys have to say and also specifically I would love to hear about:

- Item Placement (I am terrible at this; is it to much? to little? to spaced out?
    - Are there enough vehicles?
    - Frame rate?
    - Game play (to open? to cramped? to slow? to fast?)
    - Do matches take to long? Are they to short?
    - Is the map fair for both sides?
    - Does it need music? (its kinda quiet but I don't think any of the stock music fits)

Num. Players: 20-24
    Story: None
    Platform(s): PC, PS3 (to come after some feedback)

Author: Bantis
    Email Address: fomarthain(at)gmail.com
    Release Date: -------

Description:

WAR-Rizer is set in the desert and contains 4 nodes and 1 countdown node which controls the Blast Canons. The map is pretty open as I wanted a good bit of room to really drive the Manta and the Scorpion fast all over the place. The terrain is of medium to small height as I wanted to try and get across the feeling that you were racing across the dunes without slowing the vehicles down very much. The vehicles provided are the Manta, Scorpion and the Hellbender. My thinking was that Manta would make sense as a good hover craft to fly over the dunes, the Scorpion would be like a dune buggy and the Hellbender would be like a jeep. I thought logical choices to drive across the desert.

Current work to be done:

- Add music (have not decided)
    - Various light tweaks
    - Add more ambient sounds (might be a to quiet with or without music)

Known Bugs:

- Outpost ownership textures not changing fast enough when node changes teams

Screenshots:
    [shot]http://www.umbralheights.com/files/ut3/war-rizer/rizer_shot_1.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://www.umbralheights.com/files/ut3/war-rizer/rizer_shot_2.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://www.umbralheights.com/files/ut3/war-rizer/rizer_shot_3.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://www.umbralheights.com/files/ut3/war-rizer/rizer_shot_4.jpg[/shot]

Credits and Thanks:
    Layout and build by me; Big thanks to EPIC for the great editor, [CG-Textures], lots of folks on the EPIC level forums who took the time to answer my many questions, feedback from Mr. UglyPants and GOW_Nootsac, tutorials from Odedge, Hourences, ArcadiaVincennes, DGUnreal, Kantham and Waylon

Thanks much too any who can check the map out.

Hmmm, no comment at all? Anyone check it out?

Comment

looks cool bro. Is this by chance an old 2k4 map layout? It looks very similiar to one I used to play but cant remember the name. Either way nice work! Downloading now

Comment

AFter a quick run through of the map it looks very good. The one thing I did notice though is that the light cylinders that are around all the nodes have collision which shouldn't. No big deal, just thought I'd let youy know. If I find anything else I will post it for ya

http://s558.photobucket.com/albums/s...rcollision.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by GOW_Nootsac View Post
          Is this by chance an old 2k4 map layout? It looks very similiar to one I used to play but cant remember the name.
          No, it's not based on anything else. It's all from me. I hope it is not to close to the map you used to play.

Originally posted by GOW_Nootsac View Post
          The one thing I did notice though is that the light cylinders that are around all the nodes have collision which shouldn't. No big deal, just thought I'd let youy know. If I find anything else I will post it for ya
          Thanks much, I will check that collision out today and fix it up.

Comment

Updated release with a new version which can be downloaded in the first post. Fixed some quick things that people let me know about. Any and all feedback welcome.

Thanks.

Comment

Haven't tried it yet, but it looks awesome!

Comment

New version posted; beta 3. You can download it from the first post.

Comment

Uploaded a PS3 version. You can download it from the first post. It's my first PS3 cook so PS3 owners please let me know if you have any problems.

Comment

Phew, over 340 views here and no comments on this version? Dang, do people not play warfare maps? Mostly dm and ctf then? Or is there just no interest in the look of the map? Or is it just a time when to many betas are being released? It does seem like there have been alot lately. Uploaded a PS3 version as well to see if that might spark some interest but that didn't seem to help.

Just wonderin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Bantis View Post
                      Phew, over 340 views here and no comments on this version? Dang, do people not play warfare maps? Mostly dm and ctf then? Or is there just no interest in the look of the map? Or is it just a time when to many betas are being released? It does seem like there have been alot lately. Uploaded a PS3 version as well to see if that might spark some interest but that didn't seem to help.

Just wonderin'.
                      I got 600+ views and look how many said something
                      http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=653759

Go figure...

Il play your map in a bit.

Comment

Good work man, I really enjoy it.
                        Didn't stumple across any issues, only that the bots sometimes kinda get stuck with the vehicles on the node entrances.
                        Loved the Canon Control node idea.

Cheers

Comment

Just wonderin'.
                          I'm sorry to inform you, but the UT3 community is dying faster than than a noob with an enforcer at the Flood node. There's almost no one left, and almost the only people with constructive interest in maps are the ones making them - and they are usually too busy making their own maps to critique others.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                            I'm sorry to inform you, but the UT3 community is dying faster than than a noob with an enforcer at the Flood node.
                            Well that is sad to hear. I had/have an idea for a DM map next but I don't know about making it now if there is not an active community to share it with.

Are people somewhere else then? I mean have folks migrated over to another game?

Comment

Well that is sad to hear. I had/have an idea for a DM map next but I don't know about making it now if there is not an active community to share it with.

Are people somewhere else then? I mean have folks migrated over to another game?
                              There's still some die-hard PS3 UT3 players here and we really, REALLY appreciate any PS3 cooks. I'll try this one out tonight and let you know how it goes. Thanks for cooking a PS3 version! If it were not for the MOD community, I would have quit playing UT3 a long time ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X