X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[UPDATE] CTF-DragonScale [FINAL][PICS][DL]

Name: DragonScale
    Version: 1.0 Final Release
    Compatibility: UT3 2.0 (no Titan Pack add-ons used)
    Description: DragonScale one, simple training ground of Izanagi on Earth. This simple battle place is most favorite for Izanagi commanders. It's last training, before giving trooper the knowledge of vehicle control. Here soldiers have to learn how to avoid fire from master of turret, and team must cooperate too, other way it lose. Of course turret mech, can be hijacked or destroyed by Redeemer, which fighter need to find. This training is really hard and difficult, and that's the reason why Izanagi Corporation has so great tactics and commanders on the battlefield... In this place recruits, learn truly and hardly, how to win not only by pushing the trigger of gun.

Screenshot:

Credits:
    • Epic Games
    • CauldronBorn for his orginal level from RuneGame
    • Hourences for his tutorials, which help me to figureout in UnrealEd
    • Sjosz for his support as mapper and nice talking time
    • Odedge for his support as player, his help about optimizing, was priceless

Comment:
    Changes from original level by CauldronBorn:
    - Terrain is more flat, in original base were higher so that made an rivel valley effect... I change it, cause of few reasons: first original was for hack'n'slash game, and second original level was smaller...
    - Modified River shape, here we have some sort of waterfall and small ait with weapon located...
    - House with teleporter to turret and turret itself is my add-on, for diversification of game play...

Changes from Beta 1:
    - Improved sky lighting, instead of one SpotLight, 5 DirectionalLights...
    - Improved BlockingVolumes on Rock Meshes around the area...
    - Added mountains in further plane of skybox...
    - Added Health Vials and Medium Heath
    - Added Flag and Team Lights on front of the base...
    - More Decoration Meshes Inside Bases...

Changes from Beta 2 and RC 1:
    - Improved sky lighting, to final - more Directional Lights, and SkyLight for ambient light overall
    - Raised level of difficulty in game...
    - Less places of weapons in base, and more around whole map...
    - Less ammo for difficulty...
    - Switched places of powerups and armors elements
    - Added more ways for bots
    - Optimized amount of SpeedTrees more visible on map, and better framerate...
    - Optimized FoliageFactory Volumes

Download:

Thoughts:

- I tend to not like asymmetry in CTF layout wise. although pickups seemed to be in similar locations, the layout felt somewhat lopsided. (rocket launchers for instance).
    - Flagstands could use a ramp or 2 ramps from the sides to go up there. I see what you're trying to do with running the flag back and having to either hammerjump or walk all the way around, but I don't think that it works that well.
    - Start optimizing! Spawning into a level at 24 FPS is not that great, and there's spots that have worse than that. This on a PC that runs most retail levels at 50-80 FPS. Culldistances and slightly more agressive LOD'ing on your terrain would probably help a lot.
    - 1 large boulder on the blue side of the map doesn't have collision.
    - Could spread out weapons a bit more than just in the bases and then the RL towards the sides in the middle. Help placement make the entire level traveled on.

Hope that helps.

Comment

As requested,here is my feedback as well. I looked at the map more from a visual/technical stand point as I can't call myself a CTF player, though I did leave some comments regarding game play.

Optimizing the map is the biggest aspect you need to focus on. Lighting would be next (more tweaking than anything else).

Good luck finishing the map.

Comment

Originally posted by Sjosz View Post
        Thoughts:

- I tend to not like asymmetry in CTF layout wise. although pickups seemed to be in similar locations, the layout felt somewhat lopsided. (rocket launchers for instance).
        - Flagstands could use a ramp or 2 ramps from the sides to go up there. I see what you're trying to do with running the flag back and having to either hammerjump or walk all the way around, but I don't think that it works that well.
        - Start optimizing! Spawning into a level at 24 FPS is not that great, and there's spots that have worse than that. This on a PC that runs most retail levels at 50-80 FPS. Culldistances and slightly more agressive LOD'ing on your terrain would probably help a lot.
        - 1 large boulder on the blue side of the map doesn't have collision.
        - Could spread out weapons a bit more than just in the bases and then the RL towards the sides in the middle. Help placement make the entire level traveled on.

Hope that helps.
        Of course it helps, so I need to optimize it...

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
        As requested,here is my feedback as well. I looked at the map more from a visual/technical stand point as I can't call myself a CTF player, though I did leave some comments regarding game play.

Optimizing the map is the biggest aspect you need to focus on. Lighting would be next (more tweaking than anything else).

Good luck finishing the map.
        And that's what I mean, fresh look from the players and mappers...
        Well maybe you're right about optimization... on my computer can't check it... Some global changes in some placement will shown...

Regards

Comment

I played the Beta 1 version. On the rock bridge, I got stuck at some points. And with the bridge in the middle, there seemed to be a invisible force field near the hand rails that stopped me from crossing the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by fpsmajor View Post
            I played the Beta 1 version. On the rock bridge, I got stuck at some points. And with the bridge in the middle, there seemed to be a invisible force field near the hand rails that stopped me from crossing the bridge.
            Yes that was a bug connected with automatic collision model on bridge mesh, in Beta 2 I've change the bridge mesh, and all is fine, and looks better

Comment

That's great. I'll download Beta 2 then. Also, the landscape in front of both of the bases seem abit too empty. Prehaps you can add a dragon statue on each side to make it more appealing.

Comment

Originally posted by fpsmajor View Post
                That's great. I'll download Beta 2 then. Also, the landscape in front of both of the bases seem abit too empty. Prehaps you can add a dragon statue on each side to make it more appealing.
                I guess after playing Beta 2... you will notice big changes ^^...

Regards

Comment

Working...
                X