Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE HAUNTED 3.0 Pre Release - We need feedback before the final MSUC submission!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random dropping items works. The ammunition does not. It only drops when you expend your other two weapons. Then you have to wait for ammunition to drop.

Comment

Hi.

Personnaly, after 20 hours of haunted with friends, we think that

- The 2.01 patch fix for jumps and dodges is a little sad. It was really cool to save our friends by remaking mirror's edge or mario bros
      - This mod is awesome
      - The 2.01 patch fix which give 20hp when he revive a friend remove the stress attitude/the panic when we have less than 5 hp. Sad.
      - This mod is really awesome
      - Ammo drop is good. We haven't too much ammo and we rarely are with the cut. It's a survival, not serious sam, so this point is ok.
      - This mod...ok ok
      - There is a lack of maps and you know it, so we don't worry.
      - Weapon feeling is good.
      - Battle needs polish. Spawning last demons shouldnt be possible sponible after some minutes.
      - Adding more weapons, more combos, more demons, more more more, but it's always like that. Just maps and some polish would still be great.

Can't wait for august.

Comment

Thanks again for all the feedback guys !

The TH-Lighthouse map looks really cool. Maybe you could turn it into a night time map.

v3.0 will mostly be about optimizations, polishing and new maps.
        The goal is to create a coherent whole, where everything fits together, is fun, polished and balanced. i.e retail game quality

Comment

You could end up being like killing floor, except you are going to need a few more people (5-9) before we can call you a team. Keep up the great work and any progress on the update?

Comment

Friend and I stayed up too late last night playing it, amazing job, just needs more variation to keep things fresh and unique as you go. I definitely enjoyed playing it for sustained periods of time, even if me and my friend were going overboard with how many zombies we could face up against, somewhere around 15 per player. Definitely fun though. Things I hope to see: More monster variation, less repetition, more ammo, headshot damage multipliers, character selection in co-op, and more polish.

Comment

i hope the community make a map pack for it..........

Comment

Originally posted by xViperAKx View Post
                Things I hope to see: More monster variation, less repetition, more ammo, headshot damage multipliers, character selection in co-op, and more polish.
                There is a small exploit for ammunition: if you do not pick up ammunition when it is dropped, and continue to kill monsters, more ammunition will be dropped. I honestly think the ammunition could be separated per weapon. For instance, if I have a pistol out and I pick up ammunition, that ammo will go to the pistol and nothing else.

That, or another suggestion: extra clips should be available in "supply" crates or breakable boxes for the carried weapon.

Question: Will there be more monster types, more powerful than the headsman? And will there be spawn delays/timers in place for certain monsters in battle/demonizer? My friend just kept on spawning the headsman until he could kill me.

Comment

I don't think there's a strong need for more monster types... The only thing we need more of, content-wise, is maps. I'd rather have a new map than five new monsters.

I still have yet to see anyone survive 3 or 4 player Demonizer (well, I once survived when I was playing against a total noob to the game, and I saw someone survive when they joined the game with 15 seconds left, but no one ever survived legitimately). Spamming orbs and bats never fails to take out everyone. In versus, bats and orbs works just as well, except you may need to spawn in a headsman to take out a really good player. If the spawn delay on bats was greater, that may balance things better. A friend suggested that in Demonizer, you should regain 1 health for every monster you kill.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
                    A friend suggested that in Demonizer, you should regain 1 health for every monster you kill.
                    Maybe 5 hp would be better, 1 just seems not enough.

Comment

5 Hp ? It's too much.

Comment

I already have a regenerating health mutator for it that heals 1 HP every second. Its great as it allows healing whilst running away from enemies. Without it then the demons have a 90% chance of winning. Either this or reduce the survival time.

5HP is certainly too much, i tried it with it and when playing Battle then the Humans have too much of an advantage. 1HP or 2HP will certainly do the job.

Comment

Originally posted by JumaAm View Post
                          I already have a regenerating health mutator for it that heals 1 HP every second. Its great as it allows healing whilst running away from enemies. Without it then the demons have a 90% chance of winning. Either this or reduce the survival time.

5HP is certainly too much, i tried it with it and when playing Battle then the Humans have too much of an advantage. 1HP or 2HP will certainly do the job.
                          When are you going to release this mutator? Or at least a beta? I'd be interested in seeing it...

Comment

I've noticed it up on one of the servers.

Comment

Will you release the custom maps when they're ready, one by one, or in a "3.0" large pack? (Please say the first option )

Comment

'Tis obvious they have completed most of the custom assets for the lighthouse, but the layout probably is going to be a little more "open" than the last two from what I see in the screens. There might be some kind of cave thing with water at the bottom though, for close-quarters mayhem. Looking at the design, it has promise, something to add a little more variation.

It's not that the game mod isn't fun, it's that the repetitive nature of it tends to get a little old after a while. Maybe some kind of "ice" monster, instead of the "Fires of hell" cliche that you see in most "demonic" themes. Or quite possibly, a monster that draws you towards the other monsters like a Siren.

Undead harpies, fleshmongers, whatever you can come up with, use it.

Kee-wakw are cannibalistic giants of the forest, I believe. Algonquian legend has a lot of good creepy stuff like that.

The native american Windigoog (Wendigo) is a shapeshifter/flesheater, it is not an appropriate name for the current Wendigo. Possibly something that transforms into what looks like a friendly, sneaks up on you, and starts tearing at your flesh.

Other menacing creatures, that could turn it into a more threatening survival game could be creatures that capture friendlies in a vicelike grip, where they struggle to break free, all the while being constricted by the creature, would demand more teamwork. Buddy system, as I say.

Comment

Working...
                                X