Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WAR-Gizeh [PC] [RC1] : NECRIS version available !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR-Gizeh [PC] [RC1] : NECRIS version available !

Name:WAR-Gizeh
    Version: RC1
    Compatibility: patch 2.1 & Titan Pack
    Description: This map is designed for Unreal Tournament III. This takes place in Egypt, in the Gizeh Desert, between temples and pyramids. Shinny on the outside, dark on the inside ! This map is my first map for Unreal Tournament III and is so my first warfare map. That's why the map is symetrical, simple and small. This was previously done for the Unreal Safari Total Conversion. So is almost all the content custom.
    Comments: All design or gameplay advices are welcome for the upcoming beta or final versions ! I did a lot of gameplay changes to make the map more interessant to play.

CHANGELOG

RC1
    - adding Necris/Axon choice
    - adding an Avril inside the bases
    - changing tower and adding a sniper spot on it
    - fixing vehicles rotations in the bases

BETA 2.0
    - adding two intermediates nodes
    - no more possibilities to shoot on core from the center of the map
    - bigger base entrance for vehicles
    - allowing teleportation
    - changing base vehicles (replacing a scorpion by a manta)
    - changing village vehicles (replacing a hellbender by a scorpion)
    - adding turrets in the village
    - adding weapons lockers in the central temple
    - fixing a lot of bugs
    - adding meshes
    - changing lighting
    - adding background
    - adding ambient sounds
    - adding different walking sounds
    - optimizing paths nodes for bots navigation
    - optimizing file size
    - adding new temple floor texture
    - including external packages in the map file

Screenshot:

Homepage: http://trash.team.free.fr/

Download: RC1 : http://files.filefront.com/WAR+Gizeh.../fileinfo.html
    BETA 2.0http://files.filefront.com/13691547

Hi!
    Nice progress, the first shot where those trayfires at floor set besides the columns have a rare lighting over the floor, it is lke there is a focus light from up position. If you want iluminate those fires. Usually light electric vs organic ( fires torchs for example) is more strong in radial ilumination than the ones iluminated with real fire. This last is more constrasting and a bit more dark around the enviroment. Use radial light, i dont know how manage ued3, i dont know the word technical exactly, simply tone it down those iluminated areas in the floor ( the trayfires ones). Overall is fine good progress.

As for water below to bridge seeing the sky ( is very clean and brillant ) I think there it must have a bit of contrast for that river...dunno its rare and still not perfect

Keep it mapping dude!

Comment

Dude, this map is looking gorgeous

Don't know why you started another thread but anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I love your colors palet. I do like the contrast between the dark spots & very bright spots, it's all plausible but some won't like it & would prefer more less contrasted colors but it's all personal preferences.

Visually speaking, this map is unique, cg on that & keep it up

Comment

It looks even more magnificent than the first beta.

You wouldn't mind sending me your custom package of meshes and textures would you? I was really wanting to remake UT99's CTF-Warrior, but the stock stuff just doesn't fit in with the style I want.

email: indepmarine[at]gmail[dot]com

Comment

Can this be cooked for the PS3?

Comment

I don't know how to cook it for PS3 and I can't test it. But why not ?

Comment

Very nice looking map, always refreshing to see a map that isn't brown

2 things i spotted though:

- I think you should move the Avril at the base into the core area (or just add another Avril) because it will help to counter people spawnkilling in the Shock-Turrets at the Village Node. Maybe stick the Avril on a ledge in this corner:
              [shot]http://i39.tinypic.com/2586q2v.jpg[/shot]

- The pic below shows the Manta and Scorp spawns at the base, at the moment they spawn facing a wall. I would suggest moving their spawns so that they face the battlefield, or at the very least swap the Manta and Scorpion over.
              [shot]http://i40.tinypic.com/2vmsda1.jpg[/shot]

Comment

Looking forward to the final of this. How refreshing to see a map with a "new" theme Thank you.

Comment

this map look great like the theme
                  download now

Comment

I think that the next version will be a final version, because I have a lack of energy to finish this ! The comments for the beta 2 are good, so I have just a few things to change :

- adding avril in the base
                    - changing the tower mesh and adding a sniper spot on the top
                    - changing the turrels into less powerful turrels
                    - adding axon/necris gameplay choice

There are some lightning bugs to fix too. The final version will be soon released. Thank you for all your advices et comments.

Comment

Wow! Some nice shots you have there!

Comment

Originally posted by belzaran View Post
                        I think that the next version will be a final version, because I have a lack of energy to finish this ! The comments for the beta 2 are good, so I have just a few things to change :

- adding avril in the base
                        - changing the tower mesh and adding a sniper spot on the top
                        - changing the turrels into less powerful turrels
                        - adding axon/necris gameplay choice

There are some lightning bugs to fix too. The final version will be soon released. Thank you for all your advices et comments.
                        I don't think the turrets are overpowered as long as you add a second avril inside the base, the other choices of turrets would not work as well IMO. The normal turret would be too powerful and the Rocket/Stinger turrets would be too weak.

Can i suggest that you release a release candidate version (RC1) before you release the Final version, just so that people can give it a quick test to see if there are any more issues. It's better to find the problems when it's at RC stage than final stage.
                        If there are no issues then you can just re-release the RC version as the final version

Comment

I think you're right. I'll think about it this week.

Comment

The RC1 version of WAR-Gizeh is released. Thank you for you advices and comments.

Comment

Cool

I'm away all weekend so i'll have a look at it on Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                              X