• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pistol WIP

Name: Pistol WIP
    Version: -
    Compatibility: -
    Description: just a WIP...
    Comments: Hello...i'm new to the forum tho i've been watching since UT3 came out. i made this pistol model...the mesh is complete...now i have to learn how to texture it...just wanted to share with the comunity and get some feedback if people liked it. Both positive and negative feedback is appreciated as long as it is constructive. Thanks...
    Screenshot: http://relu7.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Credits: -
    Homepage: -
    Download: not yet

Looks like the pistol of hellboy Make it powerful and add a laser pointer.

Comment

Ok, the grip and trigger guard are too small compared to the rest of the pistol. I suggest comparing them to a real pistol(picture) for proportion. There's not enough room for a person's finger in the trigger guard, unless they were a hobbit or something And the same applies to the grip, except it looks a bit too wide(front to back) as well.

That construction on the top of it? It looks like rear and fore sights, with the ring being the fore sight. However: a) the gap between them is too short, the fore sight(of course I'm just guessing that's the fore sight) should be at the front of the pistol to improve accuracy(or at least just before the vents?); and b) what is the ridge running along the centre between them?

The hammer seems a bit small, also the bit below it seems a bit big, and looks like it would interfere with the cocking of the hammer. Perhaps moving that bit below the hammer so that the curve starts right at the top of the grip(where you've extruded it outwards?), would be better.

Rifling? Interesting. Depending on how picky you want to be, the rifling should be a spiral(the spinning of the bullet increases accuracy, and perhaps range as well), although it doesn't need to be much of a spiral, about 1 revolution per foot from memory(I could be wrong). But you can pick the direction
      Personally, I don't think anyone is going to be that close that they can see the rifling, and I would use the detail elsewhere, perhaps on the side that the player can see, of course that depends on the amount of polys the pistol has, and whether you're planning on going dual pistols.
      But, nice work all the same.

Comment

@joe74509 - it will be powerfull and it will have a laser pointer...like AVRiL
        @Malachor - thanks for the tips...however i wanted to make it like that...it will be pretty big...if you want you can check the gallery again...i posted a pic with the default male holding the gun...

Comment

Sweet. Looks awesome!

I agree what Malachor stated.

The only thing that comes to mind is what purpose a laser pointer is good for gameplay wise. Besides from giving away your position to enemies so they can shoot you before you see them.

Comment

@Malachor - i've followed your advice and enlarged the holder...new pics uploaded...can't think of anything better for the secondary tho...feel free to suggest

Comment

What about making secondary shoots charged shots? Like explosive or electrical bullets.
              I think you don't need zoom in for it in ut3.

Comment

Im so lookin forward to dis release...Not dat da ut3 stock pistol is bad it jus lacks style and sexiness

Comment

Looks like a BF2142 pistol.

Comment

Working...
                  X