• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Pacific [V 1.0]

Name: DM-Pacific
    Version: 1.0
    Compatibility: Titan pack, PC only
    Description: A far away planets resources were depleting so the population left taking all of the resources left, including the water. With the ocean levels dropped and the population gone the Necris discovered an exposed LRC glass research facility. Its time to fight for base.
    Comments: I need to work on many things still. This is in no way complete. I started meshing and polishing but I wont be able to work for a week or so so I thought I would rush it so it would be playable. I will be working on the map later. Please post any issues, tips, advice, ect.
    Screenshots:

Credits: Me, Epic Games (for the game and the editor), Stevelois (For all of the help and being a common poster), and everyone else who posted.
    Download: PC ONLY (FILEFRONT)http://files.filefront.com/DM+Pacifi.../fileinfo.html

Hey dude

So the first public one, he he, will try it out.

A little advice, just mention in your WIP thread that dwn is now available with the beta link so folks will come dwn your map here now

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
      Hey dude

So the first public one, he he, will try it out.

A little advice, just mention in your WIP thread that dwn is now available with the beta link so folks will come dwn your map here now
      Don't worry, I'm on it. You posted before I was even able to do that O_0

Comment

Here are a few problems I have noticed

-The bots can't use the elevators
        -Bots get stuck on top of the building
        -Bot Pathing is bad

If you find anything else please post it

Comment

Originally posted by rathalos150 View Post
          Here are a few problems I have noticed

-The bots can't use the elevators
          -Bots get stuck on top of the building
          -Bot Pathing is bad

If you find anything else please post it
          Mmm... did you place liftcenter+liftexit ?

At least, you know what to fix in your next release

EDIT

I just tried it in the editor. It is essential you remove collisions on the wires, it's **** annoying to get stuck on a tiny cable in fights.

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
            Mmm... did you place liftcenter+liftexit ?

At least, you know what to fix in your next release

EDIT

I just tried it in the editor. It is essential you remove collisions on the wires, it's **** annoying to get stuck on a tiny cable in fights.
            Good catch O_o

Comment

Another important thing,

When you release a map, make a ZIP or RAR archive of your file so it would be faster for you to upload & for us to download.

It will be a good thing you name your map in a convenient way like "DM-PacificB1" or something similar since "DM-Pacific" should be reserved for the final version or else you will have to name your final map "DM-PacificFinal" if you already use "DM-Pacific" for a beta version. It is very important you respect the naming convention, for you & your futures fans

Comment

Before I say anything else here let me first say that I really do like this level. It looks really good and it does have potential to become a much better map. It kind-of reminds me a little of Rigstation. I really like the glass house feel here and the ability to see through the walls and floors. Perhaps some more vegetation would really give it more of an aquatic life-like feeling.

I have noticed a couple things that hopefully will help you finish the map:

You know about the bot paths needing work.
                You know about the bots getting stuck up by the redeemer. Maybe another teleporter or a jumppad would work there. I don't think you can make a bot just jump off the edge.
                I had a tendency to get stuck on the walls. It happened going up an elevator too.
                The water isn't cloudy nor is there is level boundry set up yet. I swam past the water (actually got hurt when I left the water) and walked past the skydome and off the playable map. That was fun.
                I did really like the anti-camping aspect of the whole map. Being able to see people around corners can be really nice.
                I would also suggest making a .ini file for your level and specifying the min and max player counts.

I hope the list doesn't discourage you too much. Like I said before I really do like how this level feels. With a little work put into it I think I could really enjoy this place.

Keep up the good work here.

Comment

Originally posted by gatordile View Post
                  Before I say anything else here let me first say that I really do like this level. It looks really good and it does have potential to become a much better map. It kind-of reminds me a little of Rigstation. I really like the glass house feel here and the ability to see through the walls and floors. Perhaps some more vegetation would really give it more of an aquatic life-like feeling.

I have noticed a couple things that hopefully will help you finish the map:

You know about the bot paths needing work.
                  You know about the bots getting stuck up by the redeemer. Maybe another teleporter or a jumppad would work there. I don't think you can make a bot just jump off the edge.
                  I had a tendency to get stuck on the walls. It happened going up an elevator too.
                  The water isn't cloudy nor is there is level boundry set up yet. I swam past the water (actually got hurt when I left the water) and walked past the skydome and off the playable map. That was fun.
                  I did really like the anti-camping aspect of the whole map. Being able to see people around corners can be really nice.
                  I would also suggest making a .ini file for your level and specifying the min and max player counts.

I hope the list doesn't discourage you too much. Like I said before I really do like how this level feels. With a little work put into it I think I could really enjoy this place.

Keep up the good work here.
                  Thanks for the comments. I will add boundaries later on and maybe make one of the buildings a green house for the vegetation feel. the elevators will be fixed and all od that stuff. I plan on fixing the bugs before I start adding details though, because having a playable map is more important than a pretty one.

By the way. This is my last post until at least next Monday. I'm going on a vacation. Please continues to post constructive criticism and all of that

Comment

Good news, The hotel I'm staying at has a computer so I can work on my map!

I also thought I should say that the reason I posted the beta so early in the process instead of waiting more like most people was because This is going to be my first map on the forums. If I make a mistake early on it could be disasterous. I needed to make sure my map was playable before I started the finishing touches.

Comment

Bad news, I am horrible with elevators and bot pathing and there are very little elevator tutorials that talk about getting bots to use your elevators. Thus, My elevators and bot pathing stinks. I am just going to work on the map layout and polishing and delete all of my current bot pathing. When I release my next beta I might be good enough to do it myself or maybe someone would be so kind as to do the bot pathing for me. Back to work!

Comment

Might i suggest adding some post processing? and making the water foggy isnt hard either. It looks like a very playable map, but the pictures are super duper unattractive. (No offense) I read the previous posts and i know you are not done with it. but adding some different colored lights and some different types of scenery will make this map not only playable, but beautiful at the same time. Plus it adds some contrast. And Contrast= visually appealing!
                        In the end, how you make this map and what you decide to use is entirely up to you. Good luck!

Comment

I'm taking a break to work on other maps. This is getting very difficult due to the low amount of meshes that fit the theme. After this map I will probably stick to mainly indoor themes, They are easier for me and I enjoy them more. I still plan on working on this map though.

Comment

I am no longer working on this map. earlier my game kept crashing and when I deleted the map the game worked perfectly again. I'm working on a completely different map at the moment. I should have a WIP thread up in 2-4 weeks

Comment

Working...
                            X