DM-Slime][ RC [PICS-DOWNLOAD]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
    Making one more floor without opening more ways to shoot or walk will not work well. I was thinking more about letting players go on surface that is either roof of some low building or ground level surrounded by high skyscrapers. You need to improve gameflow here, at least add one not so narrow corridor around level that connects all dead ends. Dead ends are danegrous in DM and should be used for powerups (for your map size max one powerup).

TBH if i was you, I would make some CSG only layout next to this map that is similar to it, then I would improve it until i like to play that map, then just move best visuals to new layout. Because you have really nice spots there, with layout that does not match level of visuals at all.
    i'm building another floor using some of your suggestions. maybe you should open my map with the editor, you'll see the huge amount of **** that's outside. at the moment it's impossible to make an external part for this map, but i'll do it in slime3 or in another map. by the way, some weeks ago i was working on an outdoor map, all surrounded by trees, grass and rocks. the main problem of that map is that i get very low fps... i'll pm you a screen soon.

ps i've seen your maps, some of them look really awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by dosse View Post
      i'm building another floor using some of your suggestions. maybe you should open my map with the editor, you'll see the huge amount of **** that's outside. at the moment it's impossible to make an external part for this map, but i'll do it in slime3 or in another map. by the way, some weeks ago i was working on an outdoor map, all surrounded by trees, grass and rocks. the main problem of that map is that i get very low fps... i'll pm you a screen soon.

ps i've seen your maps, some of them look really awesome!
      I opened your map in editor. There is nothing that cannot be changed/moved in 1-2 hour of work. Or better yet, select all playable parts of map and move it inside some additive brush that has smallest possible size to cover that part. Then set that additive brush order to first. You will get small box with only playable parts of map inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
        I opened your map in editor. There is nothing that cannot be changed/moved in 1-2 hour of work. Or better yet, select all playable parts of map and move it inside some additive brush that has smallest possible size to cover that part. Then set that additive brush order to first. You will get small box with only playable parts of map inside.
        hmmm... i don't understand your idea but as soon as i'll finish this part, i can send you the uncooked version so you can try... by the time i've optimized build times by putting some shadow resolution to 64k where they cannot be seen. now it builds in less than a minute

Comment

Beta 3 should be ready saturday! it features a new room, a new floor (i'm still making it), more weapons and some improvements!

Comment

**** i totally missed this one...picts looks awesome ...

D/L now

edit: yeah nice map...

was very fun to "launch" thoses barrels and "boxes" on the bots with the hammer (the damage and the moove on the barrels is not logical,some weapons dont really "hurt" them and other "make them flying"); other point: when u jump on it u cant stop jumping...lol^^ and i have note that bots often get stuck behind them

thoses two lines of health ammo are a bit long....it can be a good place to camp...perhaps too much ammos

and u can go behind this door but u face a wall

excellent job on visuals (the slime is superb) and on lighting; and thoses doors are cool...thx for ur work mate and keep it up

Comment

Originally posted by {BFG}Bl!tz~ View Post
              **** i totally missed this one...picts looks awesome ...

D/L now

edit: yeah nice map...

was very fun to "launch" thoses barrels and "boxes" on the bots with the hammer (the damage and the moove on the barrels is not logical,some weapons dont really "hurt" them and other "make them flying"); other point: when u jump on it u cant stop jumping...lol^^ and i have note that bots often get stuck behind them

thoses two lines of health ammo are a bit long....it can be a good place to camp...perhaps too much ammos

and u can go behind this door but u face a wall

excellent job on visuals (the slime is superb) and on lighting; and thoses doors are cool...thx for ur work mate and keep it up
              thanks for downloading! that door will be fixed in beta 3 (coming saturday).
              about physics bugs, there's nothing i can do, that's an ue3 "bug", you can write about that on the unreal technology forums

Comment

ahhh.... srry to have mention it if it s a bug of the engine
                though it s first time i have note it;i played several hours on blockland and i cant remember to have seen the problem while jumping on lego cubes

"that's an ue3 "bug", you can write about that on the unreal technology forums "

....haha yes i can do that....or write about a non existant patch 2.0 for linux servers on serveradmin forums....or write about a....hm......but finally nah; i ll take a fresh can and watch a moovie ^^

.....waiting saturdays B3

Comment

ahhh.... srry to have mention it if it s a bug of the engine
                  though it s first time i have note it;i played several hours on blockland and i cant remember to have seen the problem while jumping on lego cubes

"that's an ue3 "bug", you can write about that on the unreal technology forums "

....haha yes i can do that....or write about a non existant patch 2.0 for linux servers on serveradmin forums....or write about a....hm......but finally nah; i ll take a fresh can and watch a moovie ^^

.....waiting saturdays B3
                  if that's not an ue3 bug, i'll try everything to fix it... but i'm quite sure that it's a bug... i see the same problem in the ageia map pack...

Comment

Uploading beta 3 right now!

Comment

BETA 3 IS OUT! Enjoy!!!

Comment

yeah nice update mate not a lot of things to say, all plays good on a a nice map
                        if i understood all and after a visit to each close door we can expect one last room? exact? haha^^
                        the gameplay is very fun and lot of z axis mooves, coool
                        visually all the rooms are nice and one excellent point is that even if the map is huge it s easy & fast to learn it and i neva had the feeling to be lost ; always someything around to tell ya where u are all that in a powerfull and scaring athmosphere
                        the big bioroom and the one with the bioaquarium are awesome even if i m blind now
                        very fun to play in instagib too
                        i must add that after an addaptation time to the "engine bug" : jump/jump on the movable boxes was quite fun... lol

thx for ur work and waiting another beta...or a final....keeper map for sure

Comment

yeah nice update mate not a lot of things to say, all plays good on a a nice map
                          if i understood all and after a visit to each close door we can expect one last room? exact? haha^^
                          the gameplay is very fun and lot of z axis mooves, coool
                          visually all the rooms are nice and one excellent point is that even if the map is huge it s easy & fast to learn it and i neva had the feeling to be lost ; always someything around to tell ya where u are all that in a powerfull and scaring athmosphere
                          the big bioroom and the one with the bioaquarium are awesome even if i m blind now
                          very fun to play in instagib too
                          i must add that after an addaptation time to the "engine bug" : jump/jump on the movable boxes was quite fun... lol

thx for ur work and waiting another beta...or a final....keeper map for sure
                          thanks for playing my map! 2 or 3 new rooms are coming in the next beta and but i don't think that i'll make a room for each broken door just because it would be too big for a deathmatch. at the moment i'm making a room over the left door in the lower floor, and, even if at the moment it's a bit dark, it looks nice. i think that the new beta 4 will be ready by next friday or saturday!

ps: how many fps do you get? what's your resolution?

Comment

i only use fraps to proove to me that my rig is in pain; and here all was fine

Frames: 31241,
                            Time (ms):240000,
                            Min:57,
                            Max:603,
                            Avg:171
                            res:1680 x 1050

57 fps while having the nose on the bioglue and lot of rockets flying around..... 171 !....**** that s nice haha^^

watching the fps/board during the match i had the feeling to be constantly over 70

... it s pure pain to find beta testers around here and it seem that the best way to get betafeedback on a map is to put it in final status...that really make no sence and it s pure shame!!

Comment

i only use fraps to proove to me that my rig is in pain; and here all was fine

Frames: 31241,
                              Time (ms):240000,
                              Min:57,
                              Max:603,
                              Avg:171
                              res:1680 x 1050

57 fps while having the nose on the bioglue and lot of rockets flying around..... 171 !....**** that s nice haha^^

watching the fps/board during the match i had the feeling to be constantly over 70

... it s pure pain to find beta testers around here and it seem that the best way to get betafeedback on a map is to put it in final status...that really make no sence and it s pure shame!!
                              Very good! you get a lot of fps! i suggest you to enable vsynch, so you'll never get fragmented frames... at the moment i'm trying to add 2 rooms: one is almost completed and i'll start making the other (last) one tomorrow. the first room takes you to the second room, which is a sewer. i hope it will look nice...
                              about the lack of beta testers, i agree with you, this is pure shame!

thanks again for testing and playing, release candidate is on the way!

Comment

I like it a lot! The one thing I would say though is to make sure you don't leave any "dead ends". Just like the Bio room has two ways in and out, you should try to make every room do that... right now, the room with the bio-column, vest and rocket launcher is a dead end, only one way in and out. Also, the hallways, the end by the health and vials, and also the room that has an "exit" sign. I'm sure you have some plans for those areas already. It just needs more "flow" so you can continually be charging forward, seeking battle and powerups, you know? I loved the slime, the bio room with the wall tank was awesome, spawn points are good and bad... the stuff protects against spawnkilling, but also hinders you a bit when you spawn, minor really, I guess a guy could spawn camp the upper ramp so I understand that. I loved all the doors and the different rooms, really cool. Bots were just on average, they did ok. Really Nice map! Can't wait to see the final!
                                *Edit - didn't notice my fps, so it was fine, I run on max resolution. Nice looking.

Comment

Working...
                                X