• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

holy hell you have to be joking me.....

Good luck competing and good to see Tsumetai is helping you with his assets

Comment

Tsumetai is helping me

no.... actually he is not..... i am just using his static meshes although i had to heavily modify them to use them in UT3

they are his original assets so he does deserve to be recognized for his contribution

let me tell you guys a little about my self.

i don't work too well with people in a 'team' environment... i dont need a 'cheer squad'..... i dont need someone critiquing my WIP projects when they are not even close to being finished....... and i definately dont need a team full of people who spend more time jabbering about unfinished work than actually producing useable content.

im a one man wrecking crew .... i gave up on asking for help with this project a long time ago.

XyX is the only person who has actually helped me with any thing even remotely related to my CnC mod for Unreal..... and we worked out an arrangement for that.... i unwrapped a model for him.... he produced a class for me back when i was still developing for UT2004.

btw.... stayed up til 3am and got half the objects scripted..... will finish up scripting objects after work and start implementing them in the map.

might only take me a few days to finish updating the map and i will be ready to start concentrating on the beautification part that every one seems to be so concerned about.

Comment

Good luck and don't let douchebags discourage you

Comment

"one man and his mod" go for it, dl'ing now and will play once i get titan re-installed.

Comment

I think the reason you're taking some heat is this is presented as a "just a map" while it is actually much more. The screenshots do not do the project justice. I'd remove them until things are prettied up.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
              I think the reason you're taking some heat is this is presented as a "just a map" while it is actually much more. The screenshots do not do the project justice. I'd remove them until things are prettied up.
              thanks dude.... but actually i think i will leave them up.

Posting bad pictures of a map weeds out the idiots from the people with opinions that actually merit my consideration.

Originally posted by [Renx]Killa View Post
              holy hell you have to be joking me.....

Good luck competing and good to see Tsumetai is helping you with his assets
              You can tell the boys over at renegade x that i said "im not competing with any one..... this is not a popularity contest.....i honestly could care less if any one downloads or plays this mod"

This project has been on my plate for far too long and has come to the point where it is personal....... i have invested far too much time on this project to just let it fade away.

Comment

ok my thoughts are
                1. add some link points/nodes in between the bases, cos when you get fragged you have a long way to get back to the action
                2. will be nicer with a few more CnC assets

Comment

thanks for the input geoday

i will be shrinking down the map a little to bring the bases closer together.
                  im going to be keeping the bases clustered together for this map though..... there is only one building that can be warped to on each side which is the war factory for now but i am considering making the barracks and hand of nod captureable too and moving the orb base over to it so that if you lose your barracks you are screwed.

i agree..... when i get the CnC vehicles in this will spice it up considerably..... especially the Mammoth MK2

this version of the map is just to basicly introduce every one to damageable buildings and to publish the CnCScripts/TsumetaiCnCAssets package as a mappers tool package for creating CnC warfare style maps.
                  The packages will include prefabs of all the Tiberian Sun structures so all you have to do is place a prefab instead of building each building from scratch as well as the mod code for binding those buildings to a power node.

After that is done and i can get on to bringing in the old Reborn Mod vehicles that were publicly released years ago in to the unreal 3 environment and making them in to what they should have been in Renegade if EA wouldnt have given it the axe.

Then back to working on the full CnC game mode for UT3.

Comment

All scripts needed to convert all existing buildings in the map to child power node class have been generated and compiled.

I am currently replacing the existing static mesh buildings with my custom buildings now.

then i will delete out all the old prefabs and replace them with the new ones and re cook the packages for testing.

I have completely built up the GDI war factory and did a few damage tests..... im not happy with the node health settings so im going to have to do some research and find out what default property i need to add to my script to be able to adjust building health per node.

Comment

Originally posted by Ā»TheHitManĀ« View Post
                      I don't know it just lacks color, it lacks design, it lacks thought. Add some rocks, background, stuff on the ground, trees, just something to it's not so barren all over the place and work on the lighting, and make the design interesting. Add up and down hills, look at some of the more elite maps out there and try to mimmick their style.
                      Anythings better than that atrocity VCTF-Valhara. Horrible collisions, poor vehicle placement, & the worse gameplay I've ever seen in a map. Don't listen to old BretHart here. He's still sore because Epic banned him but like the herpes, he's back to insult and knit pick other peoples maps instead of fixing his own. From your screen shots the map will look great when its done. It reminds me of my VCTF-MarsMayhem map from UT2004. Keep up the good work! If you want I have some more powerful cores you can use. I have a couple "Total War" maps on our server that have the cores linked directly. The stock cores are 5000hp I believe and I have one thats 10,000hp & 40,000 hp.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumple View Post
                        If you want I have some more powerful cores you can use. I have a couple "Total War" maps on our server that have the cores linked directly. The stock cores are 5000hp I believe and I have one thats 10,000hp & 40,000 hp.
                        that could be a good thing to have

thanks and yes i would be interested in them.

I did about 2 hours of testing tonight after completely building up the GDI base with the child power node objects.

also tested different configurations with the orb base in the barracks and discovered that the orb base doesn't like being separated from the power core but does like it when you add an extra orb base and leave the one at the power core alone.

i don't like the idea of having the orb spawn in the barracks as if the opposing team captures the barracks or hand of nod they have a shielded building with cover to protect them from being killed as well as health and armor power ups right there...... bad idea so not gonna go there.

I do like how easy it is to hit the power nodes now..... you have a very large target to hit and if you cant hit that then you probably couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a bus.

building health is going to be an issue so i have another round of scripting/compiling/testing to do to see exactly what i am going to need to do to adjust the power node health..... i think i have it figured out but have to compile the scripts yet so i can go test that out now.

the CnCWarChildPowerNode script is sound..... no errors or crashieness so far and i feel it will need no further updates for the UT vehicles version of the map..... it does the job better than i expected... my highest child count so far bound to a power node is 26 objects.....hit any one of them and it deals damage to the parent power node.

The CnCPowerNode script is going to need some more updates and possibly split and categorized by health amount if i have found the right variable to tweak in default properties.
                        {update} found the variable.... default power node health seems to be around 2000.... i will make various health levels and make them children of CnCPowerNode for easy placement in maps.
                        Code drop:
                        Code:
                        /**
                         * Copyright 1998-2007 Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
                         */
                        class  CnCPowerNode_Health5000 extends CnCPowerNode
                        	PerObjectLocalized;

defaultproperties
                        {
                           DamageCapacity=5000
                        }
                        Bed time for me..... early work tomorrow.
                        i am going to have to make a slight adjustment to the new object to include panel health as the 5000 health power node would lose all of its panels at about half health.

more updates tomorrow on the progress

Comment

The Idea sound good, but the map is still far away from being finished. Try to place more vegetation (trees, rocks barricades, etc.) and maybe a node in the middle and in the two free corners, too. And try to use light effects to let it look like ut3 and not like renegade. I would also like it, if the buildings would be like in C&C 3 Tiberium Wars.

Comment

Originally posted by Doomgiver View Post
                            I would also like it, if the buildings would be like in C&C 3 Tiberium Wars.
                            i was thinking along the same lines too for the final version of the C&C mod
                            and including some vehicles from the latter versions of the tiberium series

the dark walker would fit right in for a scrin vehicle...... would just need to make some squid arms for it lol

Comment

I'll upload my cores and send you a link via PM. You'll be the first person outside of our community (Hedsteem) to get these.

Comment

sounds good rumple..... and thank you.

im gonna get back to work converting the nod base now and do another script tweak.

I created a bunch of power nodes with different health values from 2000 to 10,000 and also edited the panel health values so that the hovering panel node doesnt lose all their panels before the node is ready to be destroyed.... i need to tweek the numbers because the panel node is still emptied before the node health is depleted but closer than it was with the default value of 70.

off to go work in the editor for a while.

code Drop:
                                Final script for CnCPowerNode_Health5000(5000 health power node now had 1 panel left on panel node when final kill hit is taken)

Code:
                                /**
                                 * Copyright 1998-2007 Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
                                 */
                                class  CnCPowerNode_Health5000 extends CnCPowerNode
                                	PerObjectLocalized;

defaultproperties
                                {
                                   DamageCapacity=5000
                                   PanelHealthMax=150
                                }
                                now for the dillema of whether to create a power core child class or to lock the power core away from damage and script the damage depending on if all the buildings are destroyed in each base.(instant kill of core by destroying all base buildings)

Comment

Working...
                                X