Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-Triakossia (Formerly CTF-300) pic's/dl March 28, 2009

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Triakossia (Formerly CTF-300) pic's/dl March 28, 2009

Name: CTF-Triakossia (Formerly CTF-300)

Version: Beta

Compatibility: Ut3 Patch 2.0 + Titan Pack

Description:
    Brothers and sisters, lend me your eyes so I may share with you the tale of brave Leonidas I, King of Sparta, son of King Anaxandridas II, descendant of Heracles, who led 300 Spartan warriors against the seemingly unending forces of Emperor Xerxes of Persia at The Battle of Thermopylae in 480 BC.

Comments:
    I thought it would be fun to make a map "Kinda" based on the movie 300. So....here it is! I also change the name from "300" to "Triakossia" which means 300 in Greek language...lol, i wanted to sound "cool"

anyways looking forward to all your feedbacks. if not, i'll hunt each and everyone of you down, and rip you spinal....just kidding , i won't do noting ......really noting but i do hope you guys like it! and i'll cook the ps3 as soon as it goes final Thank you all in advance!

Screenshot: March 28, 2009

[shot]http://wolvy.net/images/wolv/300ss.jpg[/shot] [shot]http://wolvy.net/images/wolv/300ss0.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://wolvy.net/images/wolv/300ss1.jpg[/shot] [shot]http://wolvy.net/images/wolv/300s2.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://wolvy.net/images/wolv/300ss3.jpg[/shot] [shot]http://wolvy.net/images/wolv/300ss4.jpg[/shot]

Credits: The Movie 300. more coming soon

Homepage: www.wolvy.net

Download: CTF-Triakossia_Beta (PC only right now)

awesome been waiting for this but i'm still waiting since im on ps3...
    T.T there will be more waiting for me....

awesome job on the map good lighting and looks about just like in the movie as i said in the wip thread i mentioned that you should make another 300 map one of the hot gates where the Spartans fought

Comment

looking nice mr. wolvy Im downloading this atm. If I have any ideas ill come back and post, if not I guess I like it as is..... lol

Comment

Hey, I've been looking for some torches for one of the maps I'm making, can you send me those ones you used, they look really good?

Comment

I saw your WIP of this map & I must say the pics are looking very good.

Didn't have the time to play it yet but I will shortly.

THX

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Angel View Post
            awesome been waiting for this but i'm still waiting since im on ps3...
            T.T there will be more waiting for me....

awesome job on the map good lighting and looks about just like in the movie as i said in the wip thread i mentioned that you should make another 300 map one of the hot gates where the Spartans fought
            thank you sir! and im sorry you have to wait a bit longer. just making sure the orkin man has taking out all the bugs before ps3ers get it

also, i'll take your gates map idea into consideration. i still have 5 more maps to finish first.

Originally posted by FragTastic View Post
            looking nice mr. wolvy Im downloading this atm. If I have any ideas ill come back and post, if not I guess I like it as is..... lol

thank you mr. frag! hopefully it's all good news, and it's your bestes map of like all time.... ever and ever...lol

Originally posted by Mrn View Post
            Hey, I've been looking for some torches for one of the maps I'm making, can you send me those ones you used, they look really good?
            actually their epic torches from ut2k4. if you still want them just let me know. i can either give you the upk file or ase file with the texture. so thanks goes to Epic for the torches....thank you Epic

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
            I saw your WIP of this map & I must say the pics are looking very good.

Didn't have the time to play it yet but I will shortly.

THX

thank you for the comments sir, i'm really looking forward to your feedback

Comment

Tis is Spartaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!. Nice map as always wolvy. Its nice to see people provding new themed Mesches and texture. So,ething Epic still hasn't clicked onto yet.

Comment

Mind sending the "TourchMesh" and the "Fire_Small" particle system?

PM me the file(s) or email me at indepmarine[at]gmail[dot]com

Comment

I finally give it a try. I have mixed thoughts about it. I like some stuff & don't like others. I found some material rather low poly. Still, I'm getting excellent FPS with my rig. Like between 130-250

What I can suggest is regarding ammo pickups. They placement in most case are directly in corners, which only bring bad flow. Also, I found that there isn't enough of them. I strongly suggest you add a bit more & place them in a way that players can clearly see if they are available without facing a wall to collect them. For example, in this room, you can get in/out by different directions (in red) & you have plenty of spots to place the ammo (yellow X) by comparing where the ammo his at the moment :

[screenshot]http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5247/screenshot00007.jpg[/screenshot]

Applying this method, coming from all direction you can see the ammo & at least the player as a 90-180 degree view of what's going on instead of facing a wall without knowing what's going on each side.

I also found that in most case, you can't teleport on roof tops, which seem to be doable but is not. Bots where trying to teleport some times.

What are the jump boots purpose ?

I try to push my enemy in the pit without success but I assume it should be great

I suggest you add some sort of low fence in rock as example between the end of the ground and the corn (don't know it's the correct term) field since you have corn that obviously don't touch the ground (they're floating). I must say that it's very impressing what you've accomplish with the corn moving whit the wind

Bots support is well done & other aspect like ambient sounds are also nice

Hope that help

Comment

Originally posted by Mrn View Post
                    Mind sending the "TourchMesh" and the "Fire_Small" particle system?

PM me the file(s) or email me at indepmarine[at]gmail[dot]com
                    Bump.

And also a suggestion for the beta; make the tops of the buildings usable rather than putting blocking volumes on top of all of them. It'd make the map much more varied and in all, a lot more fun.

Comment

I think this map has great potential and it seems a shame that progress has ground to a halt.
                      I agree with steve about the pickups, take them out of the corners and a bit further away from the walls where applicable.
                      A bit more work on the distant scenery would improve the overall look of the map imo.
                      The bot pathing seems pretty good, but there is still a tendancy for the bulk of the action to run down the centre of the map. Dont know what can be done about that.
                      If you dont like steves idea of a wall between the paving slabs and the corn, how about moving the play boundries a couple of metres into the corn?
                      The map doesn't need that much more doing to it. It's just a little bit rough in some of the texturing.
                      Any chance of finishing it off ?

Comment

Working...
                      X