Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VCTF-Plateau-RC1 (Pics and Download Inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-Plateau-RC1 (Pics and Download Inside)

Name:VCTF-Plateau-RC2
    Version:RC2
    Compatibility:PC, Will cook for PS3 when final
    Description: Its a vctf map located on a Plateau
    Comments: Fight it out on a remote Plateau.
    Screenshot:

Credits:Me, Sos_your_Face, Empty_Soul, Mapmonkey, Captainsnarf, Cryspy, C0mad0r, & Everyone else who puts up with me on vent all night while mapping, Remus for the sky textures
    Homepage: http://www.clan-bge.com/
    Download: http://files.filefront.com/VCTF+Plat.../fileinfo.html

wow map look good downloading

Comment

Nice work Oldskool. It's quite impressive how quickly you put this together!

Comment

Oldie!! I expect this to be good like your others.

Comment

Thanks Sos, Coolcat and Ho

Comment

Wow that was quick I'll have to check this out when i get home

Comment

Overall it's a nice layout. It needs more stuff in it. More meshs pls, and maybe some alternate high/low paths

I don't know if this is intentional, but you can't shoot through the waterfall/stream (blockweapons collision is on)

Comment

Nice find with the waterfall, fixed thanks .

Not sure about adding more stuff, i wanted the layout to be simple as it is, and quite frankly don't feel like going back over it anymore other than to fix bugs/glitches such as the waterfall. Though I'll look at it some more If I can think of something.

Comment

The game play is good, but the majority of the big rocks have funky collision.

Has been popular on the Hedsteem's VCTF server. Looking forward to the more polished, finished version.

Cheers!!!

Comment

I quite like the map But 2 big problems for me are.. 1, The frame rates take a major dump in the waterfall. Like down to 6fps! It shouldn't get quite that bad..... All other parts of the map are fine though. 2, Im the biggest spider mine ***** there is. But I think there are potentially too many in this map. You have 2 spider pickups, and 2 Stealth benders which can potentially put down 2 spider traps each. So you potentially have 6 spider traps down at once on a map that isn't very big..
                    I think you should have spider pickups, or the stealth benders, but not both.

And yes, some of the collisions on rocks etc needs work.

Promising though I hope to see it improve.

Pop!

Comment

Ehh u know I didn't think of that, good point I'll take the pickups out, and yeah the collision problems suck but I'll get er done when i get the time. As far as the FPS probs when inside the waterfall, I'll see what I can do.

Comment

You did NOT just say "git er done." ......

Comment

Yes I did say Git er Done, I'm allowed one once per year, its a hard rule to live by but I do.

Anyways Pop I can't find any slow downs on my frames when inside the waterfall, anyway you could get me a screenshot of exactly where your at when the fps drops? cause it pretty much all stays in the same range for me no matter where I sit.

Comment

First Post and Updated with link for RC2, Also Link provided Below

http://files.filefront.com/VCTF+Plat.../fileinfo.html

Comment

Hey Oldskool
                              I gave a quick run and I have a few things to point out:

Firstly, the tall, green grass foliage behind each base to the sides of the Raptor spawn is EXTREMELY glitchy. When I go back there, I am basically walking on top of the grass blades instead of the ground. It's also possible, especially on the Red side, to go so far in to the right that you end up falling down like you're falling off a ledge, and you go straight into the side of the mountain. You hit the actual ground, but you're completely stuck there and hidden from view inside the mountain. Pretty unfair if you hide there with the flag.

Next is the with the Waterfall point where it goes off of the side of the map. I can go there on foot, go down the waterfall, and land on the first ledge. I can go down again, and land on the second ledge as well, and yet again go down to land on the third ledge. I don't know if you had in mind to allow an infantry player to reach those shelve ledges, but they are rather glitchy and do not promote the "kill-volume" level.

Another thing that concerns me is with all of the Sniper Rifles. There's two in each base, with 2 ammo packs next to each. I think it's going to be the most prominent infantry weapon on defense, so I think players should have to work for it more instead of having full ammo for it right when they spawn.

The only other thing that I can think of is if you could make the Waterfall stream actually move the player. It would add a little fun twist. Is that at all possible?

Other than that, I think everything else is fantastic. This should be a freaking awesome 24 player server map. (I love the Redeemer spawn too )

Comment

Working...
                              X