• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

War-Tropica (WIP-PIC)

Name: War-Tropica
    Version: Build 8.2012
    Compatibility: PC
    Description: Large non symmetric map in tropical environment with lots of hills and jumps for vehicles

Credits: Daniel Moravek
    Homepage: http://www.danielmoravek.com/
    Download:Not yet

looks interesting! There is already a WAR-Tropico map so may I suggest changing the name? Keep up the good work man and I will be looking forward to future progress on this bad boy! see ya

Comment

Pics are good looking

Funny, there isn't any pics with vehicles &/or nodes and it's a WAR map ?

Don't worry about the name, indeed WAR-Tropico exist but yours is WAR-Tropica so I don't see any issue about it.

I add your WIP link in my thread (by my sign).

Good luck

Comment

Pretty cool, but I must say. Those tree/palm meshes look very low poly

Comment

Originally posted by Thrallala View Post
          Pretty cool, but I must say. Those tree/palm meshes look very low poly
          yeah and most of your textures are low poly as well is this a port from an older version or something? its seems like you ported this from an older version of this map or something from ut04 maybe?

Comment

Trees or palm can look low poly because of LOD, for this ammout of foliage and size of map (no corridor map) it was nessesary for performance reasons.
            Trees - 2600 poly, palms - aroud 2000 poly

Terrain textures are from UT2004 with added Normal map and some of them are edited for hi-resolution + normal + parralax for Rocks

This map is remake of this http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=591975

Map is playable in this stage but i currently think this map is more funny like TDM with lots of scorpios, and many people says its bettter then Node game (also because map is non-mirrored and there can be some balance issue) they love just jumping with vehicle and shooting in this enviroment.

Currently A300 version is still far form end there are Particles, Rock mesh distribution, poolishing, finalizing path nodes, balancing for gameplay (without changing terrain).

Comment

Bringing back a long dead thread.

What happened to this map the work in it stop all of a sudden.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerglings View Post
                Bringing back a long dead thread.

What happened to this map the work in it stop all of a sudden.

I seem to have missed this one, looks quite good
                Good Bump right there Zerglings.

Comment

DELETE 2014

(old 2009 screens; hosting traffic optimization)

Comment

Originally posted by GOW_Nootsac View Post
                    looks interesting! There is already a WAR-Tropico map so may I suggest changing the name? Keep up the good work man and I will be looking forward to future progress on this bad boy! see ya
                    The Name Is Fine Because His Map Is Calle TropicA, Not TropicO

Nice Map btw keep up the good work

Comment

Nice so when is it going beta for download and testings?

Comment

This map looks like MSUC material, the latest screens look highly polished. Good work so far on this one.

Comment

when? hard to tell, now new static mesh of palm and texture will come.

Need fix and poolish some foliages, and maybe create new (hi resolution).

Need create new texture of SAND and GRASS

i will do other type of tree or palm something middle sized (i missing this, in map are tall trees and palms and short foliages but nothing middle sized tree/palm or foliages).

Balancing.. it will be very hard its non symetrical, non mirrored map... it will be HORROR... (maybe TDM with vehicles will better fit than WAR).

Map is large... and there are many objects in scene, there are some engine/editor issues and drawback what makes very uneconomical by time and work in large outdoor maps (simple put what makes in crysis 5 minutes i need weeks or months) because of lack better foliage settings, deco layers stop render distace, "forest" painting, no snaping to terrain grid and more... its make HARD to create large outdoor map with lots of objects.

most biggest issue for me was when i have created newer version of trees, i cant rewrite old ones, editor simply crash, i cant delete LOD because editor CRASH i have tryed many things but alway its crash and one time i was almost lost all 1 month of work. i must replace all trees by hand it was long 7 days (6 hours per day, placing trees like machine and rotate them to fit scene). this is something what ****** me. its something which you need lost 7 days instead 5 seconds to rewrite staticmeshes (dunno if this issue was by high numbers of objects or LODs ). so i want change all rocks (do better staticmeshes and mapping but its utopia and this will mean 2 months more work... (lots of rocks) because simply rewrite model = crash)

Comment

what about VCTF style play for this map.

Comment

WOW thats is one nice piece of art you have going there. Great job bro!!! I cant wait to test it and put it on our Custom Warfare server. If you need any beta testers holler at me

Comment

Working...
                              X