• Time
  • Show
Clear All

TitanTeamFixUT3 - v2.0[Beta6Final][Shot][Updated: 14-4-10]

Name: TitanTeamFixUT3
    Version: v2.0beta6
    Compatibility: Unreal Tournament 3 - Patch 2.0-2.1

Description:
    A modular team balancing tool initially coded for the Titan servers: http://ut2004.titaninternet.co.uk/
    This is a greatly expanded port from my UT2004 version of this tool.

Changelist: (from v1.0 to v2.0)
    - Added 'Lite' team balancer, which allows the server to stay pure, at the cost of some settings
    - Added WebAdmin integration, for configuring TitanTeamFix
    - Added score and damage based team shuffling (partially based upon 'GOW Justice' by GOW_PacerX: www.ut3gow.com/GOWJustice)
    - Added settings for ignoring idle players
    - Hooked in team change and spectate notifications from patch 2.0; the main balancer should instantly recognise uneven teams
    - Added check for compatibility with 'GOW Justice'; TitanTeamFix's team shuffling is disabled, when 'GOW Justice' is detected
    - Fixed issue where balancing code might not have prioritized recently joined players for switching
    - Fixed compatibility with Battle Team Arena
    - Players which have not yet loaded the current level (e.g. downloading players) are not counted, or considered for switching
    - Removed some deprecated .ini values
    - Other forgotten tweaks/fixes

(from 2.0Beta1 to 2.0Beta2)
    - Added settings to customize displayed messages (WebAdmin uses colour picker by Steve Wittens: http://acko.net/dev/farbtastic)
    - Ajusted code to not switch titans
    - Added code to allow the normal balancer to override the 'Lite' balancer, when it is loaded

(from 2.0Beta2 to 2.0Beta3)
    - Disabled adding the balancer for seamless travel
    - Fixed issue where clients disable customized server messages by default

(from 2.0beta3 to 2.0beta4)
    - Added .ini options for configuring the way in which TTF prioritizes players for switching
    - Added a .ini option to tweak the time limit where players are considered 'recently joined'
    - Fixed issue where preferred team adjustments would sometimes stack teams, when 'Prefer Losing Team' was set

(from 2.0beta4 to 2.0beta5)
    - Fixed a webadmin bug with 'Recently Joined Time' setting
    - Added an 'ELO Rank' option to the shuffle method list

(from 2.0beta5 to 2.0beta6)
    - Made imbalance messages more frequent when ImbalanceAction is set to 'No Action'

Comments:
    - All settings can be configured through the UT3 WebAdmin
    - This version of TitanTeamFix requires at least UT3 patch 2.0
    - The 'Source' folder doesn't need to be put anywhere, it contains the source code
    - The file 'TTFMsg.u' is pushed to clients; it's for the TTF notification messages
    - 'Bots Balance Teams' may not work fully with the 'Lite' balancer, this will change in subsequent betas.

Main Download: http://homepage.eircom.net/~JBarrett..._v2.0Beta6.zip (please do not publicly link to this, mirror instead)

Previous stable beta (use if you have problems with beta6): http://homepage.eircom.net/~JBarrett..._v2.0Beta5.zip

Screenshots:
    [shot]http://homepage.eircom.net/~JBarrett847/TTFWebAdmin2beta2.gif[/shot][shot]http://homepage.eircom.net/~JBarrett847/TTFWebAdminMsg2beta2.jpg[/shot]

Thanks for this - a "must have" for UT3 if ever there was one!

Comment

Top work Shambler - nice WebAdmin integration

Comment

Awesome. We will test them over some of our servers later this week.

Comment

By the way, I found out what was causing the team skins to sometimes be wrong, and coded a fix; this isn't in TTF however, it's a UT3 bug.
          It should be in patch 2.1, but it's possible that it might not make it on time.

Comment

looks cool - think i will try this out now that it will work with webadmin and can still run the server pure in lite mode thanks shambler!

Comment

Nice Shambler, but in BTA it has switch a player to the other team when he was not dead. Should it not wait for switch when round over or take a dead player for balance?

Comment

It should only ever switch when all players on a team are dead; are you sure you have it set to IA_TeamDeath? Please PM me your server logfile and UTTitanTeamFix.ini; I can check directly then.

Also, was it normal BTA, or BTFA?

Comment

Nice one Sham's

Comment

Shambler 'just checking'- if we run the 'Lite ' version via 'UTengine' then another gameprofile gets voted in and then loads 'TTF' (TitanTeamFixUT3.TTeamFixMut)(via MutatorLoader) then the full TTF settings work?

and then If another gameprofile is voted in which has no mutators then the 'TTeamFixLite' kickes back in ?

Very Very Cool, know I've had chance to look at it properly

Edit- also what effect does TTFlite have on Betrayal ? Edit - just disable TTF options in TTF profile -Doh

Comment

Thanks for PM'ing the logs [PHX]Big_Deal; thankfully it just seems to be a misconfiguration TTF should be work properly with BTA, so long as 'ImbalanceAction' is set to IA_TeamDeath (the next beta will force this option for BTA).
                      Originally posted by Zeus... View Post
                      Shambler 'just checking'- if we run the 'Lite ' version via 'UTengine' then another gameprofile gets voted in and then loads 'TTF' (TitanTeamFixUT3.TTeamFixMut)(via MutatorLoader) then the full TTF settings work?
                      Nope, the first team balancer to load up will override all subsequent ones (and the 'lite' balancer loads before all mutators).
                      Why do you want to use a different balancer for different gametypes?

Edit- also what effect does TTFlite have on Betrayal ? Edit - just disable TTF options in TTF profile -Doh
                      I've not really played Betrayal so I'm not sure; there is one bug in the current beta (and all other versions) where it will switch Titan players (working on a large update at the moment, which includes a fix for this; no ETA right now), but I don't know if that affects Betrayal.
                      You can re-enable the WebAdmin interface through the 'Mutators' menu item on the left.

Comment

Originally posted by Shambler View Post

Nope, the first team balancer to load up will override all subsequent ones (and the 'lite' balancer loads before all mutators).
                        Why do you want to use a different balancer for different gametypes?
                        well eg we have a Gameprofile for Pure warfare - then the TTFlite is perfect as it keeps it pure and folk get there Stats- but we have a Gameprofile Custom Warfare with mutators on so TTF is better as it gives better balance - But it does seem to switch between the two as in webadmin TTFlite doesnt' show but TTF does when the different profiles r loaded - and it seems to be switching over ok - will keep an eye on it and see how it goes

Originally posted by Shambler View Post
                        I've not really played Betrayal so I'm not sure; there is one bug in the current beta (and all other versions) where it will switch Titan players (working on a large update at the moment, which includes a fix for this; no ETA right now), but I don't know if that affects Betrayal.
                        You can re-enable the WebAdmin interface through the 'Mutators' menu item on the left.
                        I don't play it either - but we have a DM server with it on along with BFA/BTA/DM/TDM - so I just set up TTFprofile for Betrayal and disabled the TTF options in the webadmin for that TTFProile - seems to be working great m8

Comment

Cool stuff Shambler!

Why do you need to look for Justice in TTF? I consider it user error to have both TTF and Justice running on the same server... especially now that Titan has score-based balancing.

The team skin bugs were why I ended up doing team balancing at the end of voting rather than the beginning of the new map.

How do you allow the server to stay pure in the Lite version?

Comment

well eg we have a Gameprofile for Pure warfare - then the TTFlite is perfect as it keeps it pure and folk get there Stats- but we have a Gameprofile Custom Warfare with mutators on so TTF is better as it gives better balance - But it does seem to switch between the two as in webadmin TTFlite doesnt' show but TTF does when the different profiles r loaded - and it seems to be switching over ok - will keep an eye on it and see how it goes
                            Ah okey; well, I'll try and find some 'nice' way of allowing either balancer to run (right now it may seem as if the main balancer takes over, but it may just be hard to distinguish the light balancer from it, as the code suggests it won't work), but I don't know if it will be possible to do in a 'nice' way.

Originally posted by pacerx View Post
                            Cool stuff Shambler!

Why do you need to look for Justice in TTF? I consider it user error to have both TTF and Justice running on the same server... especially now that Titan has score-based balancing.

The team skin bugs were why I ended up doing team balancing at the end of voting rather than the beginning of the new map.

How do you allow the server to stay pure in the Lite version?
                            Thanks You're right that it would be user error to have both running, but it was a simple enough check to add that I figured I may as well give admins the choice, and it will prevent any bugs occurring if a server is setup that way.

With the 'Lite' balancer, it's loaded through the ServerActors array in UTEngine.ini (under [Engine.GameEngine], no entries there by default), and it doesn't use events from the mutator part of TTF, so that means the server can stay pure.
                            ServerActors was broken before, but I added a fix in patch 2.0

Also, a small update on the teamskin bug, now that I've remembered: The fix should definitely be in patch 2.1 now (wasn't sure it would make it in before).

Comment

Small update on part of what I'm adding for the next beta
                              On request, am adding configuration for the event messages which TTF gives out, and have finished implementing that, along with the WebAdmin part:
                              [shot]http://homepage.eircom.net/~JBarrett847/TTFMessages.jpg[/shot]
                              [shot]http://homepage.eircom.net/~JBarrett847/TTFMsgDiffCol.jpg[/shot]

Uses a jQuery based colour selector I got here: http://acko.net/dev/farbtastic

Comment

Working...
                              X