Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by MapMonkey View Post
    That could be premature since you have until May 15, 2009 at 11:59:59 p.m. US EDT with the map in it's current state per the graffiti found on one building. Lighting, some LOSs, minimap, Matinee could use work before entry and you still have time.

Is there a RC3 that you have not posted with additional changes?
    Thx MapMonkey for the pushing!
    I want to keep the filesize small and the framerate stable. So I dont add too many decos. I will try to improve the map by some changes you suggest. The minimap also needs some correction, ya.
    Actually there is no RC3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cosmix View Post
    This should be the final version. Release will be soon.
    That could be premature since you have until May 15, 2009 at 11:59:59 p.m. US EDT with the map in it's current state per the graffiti found on one building. Lighting, some LOSs, minimap, Matinee could use work before entry and you still have time.

Is there a RC3 that you have not posted with additional changes?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thx to all tesers! This should be the final version. Release will be soon.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey the map looks nice. I love the first screen, it's so techy Good job with the map man!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The second beta of my map is ready for release. You can download it below or under the link on the first post. Thx again to all testers for suggestions and hints that makes this map polished and more and more final! Really great support!

- Changed tree collision
    - Fixed collision at the rotating Core ring
    - The Church is now opened in 3 directions
    - Changed one Laser-Turret to a Stinger-Turret at Core area
    - Fixed area near Redeemer where you can get stucked sometimes
    - Limited the (Raptor) high with a blocking volume above the StallZ
    - Added some (few) more eye candys like graffitis, vegetation and more lights
    - Improved the botpathes and AI. Especially the Tank pathing.

DOWNLOAD

Leave a comment:

• replied
    really awesome dude. you should add more eye candy and detail. to make it look super professional. keep up the good **** man.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Maddog80 View Post
    So I'll admit before I start that I'm a glitch freak. If there's a way to get out of a map, I'll find it. As far as the playable part of the map goes, I can't find anything wrong but one thing. On the I beams that go up to the Redeemer I got stuck at the top between the beams and the trash heap. Beyond that, everything works well. I really like that vehicles are displayed on the map again. As far as glitching goes, here's what I found, although it probably doesn't matter. Somewhere here on the forums I found a jetpack mutator. Using a jetpack, I can fly up above the mist layer and get beyond the blocking volumes to the area out-of-bounds. The jetpack can't fly through barriers, so creating a ceiling blocking volume should fix that. Besides those minor things, the map works great.
    Thx. I'm also a glitch freak and after some experiences I try my best to get my maps clean. Actually I finished the second beta with all suggestions made here. Sure I will fix what you have found and put it in the release. Atm I only have a StallZ set to limit the high of the Raptor. I will additionally place a blocking volume for that jetpack mutator.

Finally Im not so happy with the bases. They look a bit unfinished in my opinion but I dont know how I should change them. Maybe I will redesign the upper base area near the core.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Checked it out

So I'll admit before I start that I'm a glitch freak. If there's a way to get out of a map, I'll find it. As far as the playable part of the map goes, I can't find anything wrong but one thing. On the I beams that go up to the Redeemer I got stuck at the top between the beams and the trash heap. Beyond that, everything works well. I really like that vehicles are displayed on the map again. As far as glitching goes, here's what I found, although it probably doesn't matter. Somewhere here on the forums I found a jetpack mutator. Using a jetpack, I can fly up above the mist layer and get beyond the blocking volumes to the area out-of-bounds. The jetpack can't fly through barriers, so creating a ceiling blocking volume should fix that. Besides those minor things, the map works great.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by pacerx View Post
    It is on the GodsOfWarfare server now.

At first it did not work because I did not have the SWLadderVolume script which I suppose is used by the map. You should include SWLadderVolume.u in your zip or cook it into the map itself if possible.

I know why this is happened to you. You first tried to open the map in the editor. The map failed to load in the editor without the SWLadderVolume script but you can still play it. I can replicate that situation. If someone want to load the map into the editor, please first download that script.
    http://files.filefront.com/SWLadderV.../fileinfo.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thx. But I have already cooked that script into the beta map file. Strange, have no problems playing the map on GodsOfWarfare server also if I remove the script from my UT3 folder. Does anybody else have this problem?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thx GOW_Nootsac I have not tested this map online yet. It would be interesting for me to know if all works fine.
    It is on the GodsOfWarfare server now.

At first it did not work because I did not have the SWLadderVolume script which I suppose is used by the map. You should include SWLadderVolume.u in your zip or cook it into the map itself if possible.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dead game... It's hard to hear that although it seems some more people play UT3 after expansion+patch were released. Sure I know what you mean. Dunno why I still make maps for UT3. I just love the whole Unreal series and mapping is just fun for me. I bet you think similiar about it, don't you?
    But yep, sometimes it's hard to motivate oneself and after each finalized map I tell to myself this is definitely the last one...(anyway, I have so many ideas)

A lot of input, well described and nice founds. Wow!

2 turrets at each base is a bit overpowered. On the other side there are a lot of places to hide and attack them from behind with AVRILs. I will check this.

The small tunnels on the second picture are for blocking tanks. I don't want them to leave the inner area as far as the barricades are destroyed. I also found them a little bit small for the bender or manta to go through. Have to check this too.

The doors on blue prime don't work? Ahhrrgh, that Kismet stuff makes me crazy. I have to reconnect one or two actors. Should be no big deal.

Same with ring at core-room. I prevent the blocking because of right botpathing. With full blocking the pathes don't connected to the core while rebuild. I just forget to turn on blocking after full map rebuild.

Access to the church (prime) building will be done to all sides. It should be still covered enough. Good idea!

The covered hall at prime was first opened. I found out that this could ended in massively spamming with bender or tank. Also the node inside was no longer covered. I decided to protect that area a bit and don't want vehicles easily to go inside. Maybe I can remove the walls inside that separates the room.

I will also visually restrict the areas around the map. Dunno how atm. Maybe with some dead-end or restricted area signs.

Thx again for that review Oldskool0482
    Ahh man I didn't' even think they was doors, nevermind then it probably works, i was running around with a manta pretty much the whole time so yeah it works then, I'd keep it that way specially if your worried about bender or tank spamming, Good Deal .

About the arches, understood then why they are so small and it makes sense, you want the tank to take a clear path that I understand, makes sense to take one away from the tank you have to also take some room from the manta, it makes sense, don't know why I didn't think thats what it was for.

Well as said before it looks good and can't wait to see it done, when the next beta is up i'll check it out cya then.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sanch3z View Post
    dont thank us Cosmix, thank you for continuing to map for a dead game. Your contributions help keep us, well some of us, interested in playing
    Dead game... It's hard to hear that although it seems some more people play UT3 after expansion+patch were released. Sure I know what you mean. Dunno why I still make maps for UT3. I just love the whole Unreal series and mapping is just fun for me. I bet you think similiar about it, don't you?
    But yep, sometimes it's hard to motivate oneself and after each finalized map I tell to myself this is definitely the last one...(anyway, I have so many ideas)

Originally posted by Oldskool0482 View Post
    A lot of input, well described and nice founds. Wow!

2 turrets at each base is a bit overpowered. On the other side there are a lot of places to hide and attack them from behind with AVRILs. I will check this.

The small tunnels on the second picture are for blocking tanks. I don't want them to leave the inner area as far as the barricades are destroyed. I also found them a little bit small for the bender or manta to go through. Have to check this too.

The doors on blue prime don't work? Ahhrrgh, that Kismet stuff makes me crazy. I have to reconnect one or two actors. Should be no big deal.

Same with ring at core-room. I prevent the blocking because of right botpathing. With full blocking the pathes don't connected to the core while rebuild. I just forget to turn on blocking after full map rebuild.

Access to the church (prime) building will be done to all sides. It should be still covered enough. Good idea!

The covered hall at prime was first opened. I found out that this could ended in massively spamming with bender or tank. Also the node inside was no longer covered. I decided to protect that area a bit and don't want vehicles easily to go inside. Maybe I can remove the walls inside that separates the room.

I will also visually restrict the areas around the map. Dunno how atm. Maybe with some dead-end or restricted area signs.

Thx again for that review Oldskool0482

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok i just got done play testing it. Think it looks good and its very detailed, took some screenshots will post them and then go on.

I won't explain the pictures they explain themselves.

As for the layout i like the design of it and its a unique link setup, I think it will play well, though I had a couple of thoughts...

Right outside of the core there are 2 Laser Turrets one facing the nodes and one facing the core hidden behind a building. i think that if you had 2 people man them it would be very very very hard to get to the core to damage it. People on foot would have no chance what so ever, manta would probably be the only one I could see making it through. I would suggest taking one out or changing it to another turret. One Laser would be fine but I think 2 is overkill.

There are alot of archways around the map, they look very nice, but as I was flying around the map I kept getting caught on them because they are very small. Not sure if that was intended or not, but would love to see them widened some if possible.

On the Prime nodes, I like the buildings but as in the picture above the red sides middle arches are covered up and the blue sides are not. I would rather have it uncovered but it would work either way. I would suggest making the openings going from the rooms with the weapon lockers to the room with the node a bit bigger allowing vehicles to get through, maybe big enough for a manta or scorp, Reason being if you have 2-3 people sitting in there covering those openings(Though I say this assuming those boards will be there covering up those arch ways, if not nevermind widening them it should work ok) it would be very hard to get into that node.

I like the node that is under the bridge and like how its covered up, if it wasn't it would forever be under attack by guys just spamming link at it, the way you have it now is great you have to go down there and get it .

I love the spinning mesh you have around the core I know i have a picture of that but I just like the look of it.

I did get a bit confused at first with the map, there is alot of areas that look like you can go but are forced directional volumes, which though accounts to your detail, i thought it was playable but wasn't, you do have flow there to let people know which direction to go, after a good playthrough though I got the map down, which I'm sure most people will.

As far as the one building that I had trouble finding, Maybe making the arches higher so its easier to see the node, cause when no one controls it you just fly by thinking its another building you can't enter. Not sure how you can make it easier to see though other than the arches, though you could have made it that way intentional and if so then Good Job it worked .

Other than that I like the map and it is coming along very nicely, can't wait to see it finalized.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    dont thank us Cosmix, thank you for continuing to map for a dead game. Your contributions help keep us, well some of us, interested in playing

Leave a comment:

Working...
X