Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WAR-Imperia[RC2]

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by pacerx View Post
    It is on the GodsOfWarfare server now.

    At first it did not work because I did not have the SWLadderVolume script which I suppose is used by the map. You should include SWLadderVolume.u in your zip or cook it into the map itself if possible.

    I know why this is happened to you. You first tried to open the map in the editor. The map failed to load in the editor without the SWLadderVolume script but you can still play it. I can replicate that situation. If someone want to load the map into the editor, please first download that script.
    http://files.filefront.com/SWLadderV.../fileinfo.html

    Comment


      #17
      Checked it out

      So I'll admit before I start that I'm a glitch freak. If there's a way to get out of a map, I'll find it. As far as the playable part of the map goes, I can't find anything wrong but one thing. On the I beams that go up to the Redeemer I got stuck at the top between the beams and the trash heap. Beyond that, everything works well. I really like that vehicles are displayed on the map again. As far as glitching goes, here's what I found, although it probably doesn't matter. Somewhere here on the forums I found a jetpack mutator. Using a jetpack, I can fly up above the mist layer and get beyond the blocking volumes to the area out-of-bounds. The jetpack can't fly through barriers, so creating a ceiling blocking volume should fix that. Besides those minor things, the map works great.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Maddog80 View Post
        So I'll admit before I start that I'm a glitch freak. If there's a way to get out of a map, I'll find it. As far as the playable part of the map goes, I can't find anything wrong but one thing. On the I beams that go up to the Redeemer I got stuck at the top between the beams and the trash heap. Beyond that, everything works well. I really like that vehicles are displayed on the map again. As far as glitching goes, here's what I found, although it probably doesn't matter. Somewhere here on the forums I found a jetpack mutator. Using a jetpack, I can fly up above the mist layer and get beyond the blocking volumes to the area out-of-bounds. The jetpack can't fly through barriers, so creating a ceiling blocking volume should fix that. Besides those minor things, the map works great.
        Thx. I'm also a glitch freak and after some experiences I try my best to get my maps clean. Actually I finished the second beta with all suggestions made here. Sure I will fix what you have found and put it in the release. Atm I only have a StallZ set to limit the high of the Raptor. I will additionally place a blocking volume for that jetpack mutator.

        Finally Im not so happy with the bases. They look a bit unfinished in my opinion but I dont know how I should change them. Maybe I will redesign the upper base area near the core.

        Comment


          #19
          really awesome dude. you should add more eye candy and detail. to make it look super professional. keep up the good **** man.

          Comment


            #20
            The second beta of my map is ready for release. You can download it below or under the link on the first post. Thx again to all testers for suggestions and hints that makes this map polished and more and more final! Really great support!

            - Changed tree collision
            - Fixed collision at the rotating Core ring
            - The Church is now opened in 3 directions
            - Changed one Laser-Turret to a Stinger-Turret at Core area
            - Fixed area near Redeemer where you can get stucked sometimes
            - Limited the (Raptor) high with a blocking volume above the StallZ
            - Added some (few) more eye candys like graffitis, vegetation and more lights
            - Improved the botpathes and AI. Especially the Tank pathing.

            DOWNLOAD

            Comment


              #21
              Hey the map looks nice. I love the first screen, it's so techy Good job with the map man!

              Comment


                #22
                Thx to all tesers! This should be the final version. Release will be soon.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Cosmix View Post
                  This should be the final version. Release will be soon.
                  That could be premature since you have until May 15, 2009 at 11:59:59 p.m. US EDT with the map in it's current state per the graffiti found on one building. Lighting, some LOSs, minimap, Matinee could use work before entry and you still have time.

                  Is there a RC3 that you have not posted with additional changes?

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by MapMonkey View Post
                    That could be premature since you have until May 15, 2009 at 11:59:59 p.m. US EDT with the map in it's current state per the graffiti found on one building. Lighting, some LOSs, minimap, Matinee could use work before entry and you still have time.

                    Is there a RC3 that you have not posted with additional changes?
                    Thx MapMonkey for the pushing!
                    I want to keep the filesize small and the framerate stable. So I dont add too many decos. I will try to improve the map by some changes you suggest. The minimap also needs some correction, ya.
                    Actually there is no RC3.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X