• Show
Clear All

WAR-Imperia[RC2]

Name: WAR-Imperia[RC2]
    Version: v1.1

-----------------------------------------------------
    The Map
    -----------------------------------------------------
    This is the second beta of my actual map WAR-Imperia. It plays in an Axon city with many buildings. Some of them are walkable by lifts or fire escapes. The whole city buildup is symmetric to each base. I have included the StealthBender and Eradicator from the Titan Pack. Botpathing is fully included.

Changes since beta2:
    - Changed tree collision
    - Fixed collision at the rotating Core ring
    - The Church is now opened in 3 directions
    - Changed one Laser-Turret to a Stinger-Turret at Core area
    - Fixed area near Redeemer where you can get stucked sometimes
    - Limited the (Raptor) high with a blocking volume above the StallZ
    - Added some (few) more eye candys like graffitis, vegetation and more lights
    - Improved the botpathes and AI, especially Tank pathing.

If you find any bugs or exploits feel free to post them here. Have fun!

[shot]http://www.abload.de/img/markethall285fg.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://www.abload.de/img/hallways43wa.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://www.abload.de/img/subwayctq1.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://www.abload.de/img/cross813t.jpg[/shot]

DOWNLOAD

Hey this is lookin pretty nice, I'll have to check it out.

Comment

looks great! Ill be sure to check this out and add it to our servers. Thx Cosmix!

Comment

Originally posted by GOW_Nootsac View Post
        looks great! Ill be sure to check this out and add it to our servers. Thx Cosmix!
        Thx GOW_Nootsac I have not tested this map online yet. It would be interesting for me to know if all works fine.

Comment

Well nice map, good job
          You have bug with all tree i think.
          The fire are stopped, when we shoot too proximate of them.
          http://www.unreal.fr/images/rubriques/23/1237042971.jpg

Can you add and another linksetup with necris vehicles ?
          Thx ^^

Comment

This really flows well and is smooth. Have you tweaked the post processing a little as well. Works really well.

Small point but some of the brick arches look too oversized (first screen) plus the "ceiling" is a little low outside.

Really nice

Comment

@Sbouby
              Nice found, thx. Will check this with the trees.

@firefly
              Thx for the reply Firefly. I have tested some different culling techniques on this map. It's a little bit back to UT2004 with Anti-Portal Volumes like. Also tweaked lightmap and change the (dynamic) lighting for the movers. I dont want too much visuals and gadgets because of the filesize and performance. More concentrate on floorplan and gameplay. Good to hear if this runs smooth on different machines. My goal is to run that map also on a console. I don't have one but maybe someone can check this later?
              With that arch I will try to change the material. Maybe I can resize it or something. It's a bit difficult.

Comment

Hey Cosmix I hope you dont mind I made a post and added your map to our list for the upcoming map party http://ut3gow.com/ONS2.0StimulusParty

I hope to see u there!

Comment

Originally posted by GOW_Nootsac View Post
                  Hey Cosmix I hope you dont mind I made a post and added your map to our list for the upcoming map party http://ut3gow.com/ONS2.0StimulusParty

I hope to see u there!
                  Thx. Nice to hear that

EDIT: I will try to join that event. Nice maplist btw (custom only!).

Comment

dont thank us Cosmix, thank you for continuing to map for a dead game. Your contributions help keep us, well some of us, interested in playing

Comment

Ok i just got done play testing it. Think it looks good and its very detailed, took some screenshots will post them and then go on.

I won't explain the pictures they explain themselves.

As for the layout i like the design of it and its a unique link setup, I think it will play well, though I had a couple of thoughts...

Right outside of the core there are 2 Laser Turrets one facing the nodes and one facing the core hidden behind a building. i think that if you had 2 people man them it would be very very very hard to get to the core to damage it. People on foot would have no chance what so ever, manta would probably be the only one I could see making it through. I would suggest taking one out or changing it to another turret. One Laser would be fine but I think 2 is overkill.

There are alot of archways around the map, they look very nice, but as I was flying around the map I kept getting caught on them because they are very small. Not sure if that was intended or not, but would love to see them widened some if possible.

On the Prime nodes, I like the buildings but as in the picture above the red sides middle arches are covered up and the blue sides are not. I would rather have it uncovered but it would work either way. I would suggest making the openings going from the rooms with the weapon lockers to the room with the node a bit bigger allowing vehicles to get through, maybe big enough for a manta or scorp, Reason being if you have 2-3 people sitting in there covering those openings(Though I say this assuming those boards will be there covering up those arch ways, if not nevermind widening them it should work ok) it would be very hard to get into that node.

I like the node that is under the bridge and like how its covered up, if it wasn't it would forever be under attack by guys just spamming link at it, the way you have it now is great you have to go down there and get it .

I love the spinning mesh you have around the core I know i have a picture of that but I just like the look of it.

I did get a bit confused at first with the map, there is alot of areas that look like you can go but are forced directional volumes, which though accounts to your detail, i thought it was playable but wasn't, you do have flow there to let people know which direction to go, after a good playthrough though I got the map down, which I'm sure most people will.

As far as the one building that I had trouble finding, Maybe making the arches higher so its easier to see the node, cause when no one controls it you just fly by thinking its another building you can't enter. Not sure how you can make it easier to see though other than the arches, though you could have made it that way intentional and if so then Good Job it worked .

Other than that I like the map and it is coming along very nicely, can't wait to see it finalized.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanch3z View Post
                        dont thank us Cosmix, thank you for continuing to map for a dead game. Your contributions help keep us, well some of us, interested in playing
                        Dead game... It's hard to hear that although it seems some more people play UT3 after expansion+patch were released. Sure I know what you mean. Dunno why I still make maps for UT3. I just love the whole Unreal series and mapping is just fun for me. I bet you think similiar about it, don't you?
                        But yep, sometimes it's hard to motivate oneself and after each finalized map I tell to myself this is definitely the last one...(anyway, I have so many ideas)

Originally posted by Oldskool0482 View Post
                        A lot of input, well described and nice founds. Wow!

2 turrets at each base is a bit overpowered. On the other side there are a lot of places to hide and attack them from behind with AVRILs. I will check this.

The small tunnels on the second picture are for blocking tanks. I don't want them to leave the inner area as far as the barricades are destroyed. I also found them a little bit small for the bender or manta to go through. Have to check this too.

The doors on blue prime don't work? Ahhrrgh, that Kismet stuff makes me crazy. I have to reconnect one or two actors. Should be no big deal.

Same with ring at core-room. I prevent the blocking because of right botpathing. With full blocking the pathes don't connected to the core while rebuild. I just forget to turn on blocking after full map rebuild.

Access to the church (prime) building will be done to all sides. It should be still covered enough. Good idea!

The covered hall at prime was first opened. I found out that this could ended in massively spamming with bender or tank. Also the node inside was no longer covered. I decided to protect that area a bit and don't want vehicles easily to go inside. Maybe I can remove the walls inside that separates the room.

I will also visually restrict the areas around the map. Dunno how atm. Maybe with some dead-end or restricted area signs.

Thx again for that review Oldskool0482

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmix View Post
                          Dead game... It's hard to hear that although it seems some more people play UT3 after expansion+patch were released. Sure I know what you mean. Dunno why I still make maps for UT3. I just love the whole Unreal series and mapping is just fun for me. I bet you think similiar about it, don't you?
                          But yep, sometimes it's hard to motivate oneself and after each finalized map I tell to myself this is definitely the last one...(anyway, I have so many ideas)

A lot of input, well described and nice founds. Wow!

2 turrets at each base is a bit overpowered. On the other side there are a lot of places to hide and attack them from behind with AVRILs. I will check this.

The small tunnels on the second picture are for blocking tanks. I don't want them to leave the inner area as far as the barricades are destroyed. I also found them a little bit small for the bender or manta to go through. Have to check this too.

The doors on blue prime don't work? Ahhrrgh, that Kismet stuff makes me crazy. I have to reconnect one or two actors. Should be no big deal.

Same with ring at core-room. I prevent the blocking because of right botpathing. With full blocking the pathes don't connected to the core while rebuild. I just forget to turn on blocking after full map rebuild.

Access to the church (prime) building will be done to all sides. It should be still covered enough. Good idea!

The covered hall at prime was first opened. I found out that this could ended in massively spamming with bender or tank. Also the node inside was no longer covered. I decided to protect that area a bit and don't want vehicles easily to go inside. Maybe I can remove the walls inside that separates the room.

I will also visually restrict the areas around the map. Dunno how atm. Maybe with some dead-end or restricted area signs.

Thx again for that review Oldskool0482
                          Ahh man I didn't' even think they was doors, nevermind then it probably works, i was running around with a manta pretty much the whole time so yeah it works then, I'd keep it that way specially if your worried about bender or tank spamming, Good Deal .

About the arches, understood then why they are so small and it makes sense, you want the tank to take a clear path that I understand, makes sense to take one away from the tank you have to also take some room from the manta, it makes sense, don't know why I didn't think thats what it was for.

Well as said before it looks good and can't wait to see it done, when the next beta is up i'll check it out cya then.

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmix View Post
                            Thx GOW_Nootsac I have not tested this map online yet. It would be interesting for me to know if all works fine.
                            It is on the GodsOfWarfare server now.

At first it did not work because I did not have the SWLadderVolume script which I suppose is used by the map. You should include SWLadderVolume.u in your zip or cook it into the map itself if possible.

Comment

Thx. But I have already cooked that script into the beta map file. Strange, have no problems playing the map on GodsOfWarfare server also if I remove the script from my UT3 folder. Does anybody else have this problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X