• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-Valhara_Necris_Beta4 [Axon vs Necris & Featuring StealthBender]

Name: VCTF-Valhara_Necris

Version: 1.7 beta

Compatibility: UT3 black edition

Description: Hey everybody it's your favorite mapper Bret Hart back again, this time with an all new version of valhara necris, hopefully this time I have eliminated all collision problems. Thanks to some new friends in the renegade team that helped me spot them. About 15% of the layout has been changed, and the high bridge removed.

Comments: Thanks to Epic, and everyone that helped me through the process of making this map! And also please eliminate the old version if you still have it and replace with this.

Changes from Beta 3 include: Fixed collision on one of the necris tentacles near the blue base that pours out liquid nanoblack.

Screenshot:
    [shot]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/Ionium/ScreenShot00001-1.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/Ionium/ScreenShot00002-1.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/Ionium/ScreenShot00003-1.jpg[/shot]

Homepage: http://www.devmods.com

Download for PC here (Beta 4): (PS3 when it goes final)

http://files.filefront.com/13518386

You keep reinventing this map and everytime it somehow stays fresh. Will give you more detailed input as I put it through my bare requirements laptop. Besides that, the eye candy is nice.

Comment

Nice job owen

Comment

Hey I'm not owen lol

Comment

Unlike last time with your other valhara thread, i'll be subjective and help.

Overall I think taking the walkways above helps alot, it wasn't working right and honestly it just looked out of place, so +1 for that. I would say that vehicles are pretty balanced and the only thing I would change is either give axon 2 manta's and 2 scorps to match the 2 scavs and 2 vipers. But thats a preference thing, it is ok the way it is now.

You have made it more necrified which it should be since its a necri's version of the map so +1 for that.

You also have fixed alot of collision issues that you had with the rocks which is good. I did find a way to get out of the map though with the 5 minutes I was in it, which I'll show you where and such below.

IMO I don't like the way this map is layed out, nothing against you just think it is more like a ware map than a vctf map. Though thats just my opinion. Anyways on to the pictures and I hope it helps.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it. I'll fix those exploits. And I'll take care of the killZ as well as the health and armor.

Comment

I know its Necris but a little more variation in the colour of the terrain and rocks would be a plus.
              Also it does feel more like a WAR map.

I do like the layout though as it does flow quite nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by firefly View Post
                I know its Necris but a little more variation in the colour of the terrain and rocks would be a plus.
                Also it does feel more like a WAR map.

I do like the layout though as it does flow quite nicely.
                That is true but I believe that when a necris map is made, all forms of life have been drained and the whole atmosphere feels dark and dreary. That's just me though.

Comment

Looks nice! ill check it out soon, im glad you decided to add the stealth bender, and even glader(if thats a word) that epic added a counter part to the nightshade

Comment

Originally posted by Chaosnight View Post
                    Looks nice! ill check it out soon, im glad you decided to add the stealth bender, and even glader(if thats a word) that epic added a counter part to the nightshade
                    Yep, Axon sure needed a vehicle to counter-act the nightshade. I love the link generator! Anyways the fixes should be done within a few days or sooner, and and a new version for download.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaosnight View Post
                      glader(if thats a word)
                      It would be "gladder" but I think "happier" rolls off the tongue better.

Originally posted by »TheHitMan« View Post
                      That is true but I believe that when a necris map is made, all forms of life have been drained and the whole atmosphere feels dark and dreary. That's just me though.
                      No, I think you're right. If you're going for the Necris theme dark and dreary is the way to go. Most other Necris maps have that theme as well.

Comment

Okay guys beta 2 is up! Please check the first post.

Comment

*bump* has anyone tried beta 2 yet?

Comment

Hey

I would like to try it out but I have video prob. so I can map only.

Hope I will have the time to check it out before you make it final. My video card replacement can take some weeks so...

Anyway, I wanted to say that pics are good looking

Comment

I'll wait for your input, steve

Comment

Working...
                              X