• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Arcane Temple (Alpha 1, Download)

Name:Arcane Temple
    Version:Alpha 1
    Compatibility: 1.3 and 2.0 PC
    Description: The Nali, an ancient race of four armed aliens, constructed this hidden temple to worship their Gods in secrecy when they were oppressed by the vicious Skaarj aliens. Unfortunately for the Nali, the Skaarj eventually located the temple and systematically slaughtered every inhabitant.
    Comments: Since im gonna be very, very busy at school this season i decided to release this alpha version of my arcane temple, this is my first map ever and its still on early alpha stage needs lots of meshes and work, so dont be cruel with you comments (i will continue the develop of this map on middle april)
    Screenshot: (old version shots now have some minor texture and mesh changes)
    [shot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/shak18/ScreenShot00038.jpg[/shot][shot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/shak18/ScreenShot00038.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/shak18/ScreenShot00041.jpg[/shot][shot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/shak18/ScreenShot00045.jpg[/shot]
    Credits: Epic Games for Editor and original Map, Hourences for his great tutorials, MsM for the 2k4 Version of the map, Sneh 4 the help with the ripper, ShadeMistress for the awesome ShadeTropix Meshes and almost every community mapper..why cuz your work inspired me to make something for this game too
    Download:
    Megaupload 26.05MB
    Notes:
    You may have to install Lite Ripper if you dont have it get it here
    Lite Ripper

donloading now, ill give feedback when i finish work

Comment

I'd say make it darker. The original was much darker than the screens you have up. It had more of an eerie feeling.

Comment

There was just one problem, and I don't think this iu fault, I think it has something to do with the patch. Well here it is, when i was out side my character and his gun went completey black. he was completely unlit. Like is said this is not your fault cuase this happend on the top of my Domination remake level ddom-conduit. Other then that this map shows great potential. Its to bad you couldn't recreate the stone face. Oh well.

Comment

Yup Gangter i have noticed that the light doenst work very well outside and now that youre mentioning that, i noticed that i dont remember that issue in 1.3, so if anyone knows how to deal with that please give a little help here .

the other thing that many of you will noticed is that bots seems to hate water

Well as for now i only want to encourage everybody to give me some suggestions for it i will see what i can do about them as soon as i continue with the develop....and one more thing if anybody have or can make the Stone Face or have a replace suggestion for that area be my guest

Comment

My suggestion for the stone face would be to import into 3D studio max if you have it and import it. Other then that you could model it from scratch. Someone needs to sort ut the unlit bug with the new pacth cause my remake did not suffer from this problem when i had patch 1.3

Comment

I Played the map, it's looking good

Is there some missing materials? Many parts had the default gray/white texture, not sure if it's just unfinished or if they're missing?

..Keep up the good work!

Comment

Played the map and I think you did a great job ! Very well done.
                I even played Titan in this map and it was nice.
                But when I installed it at the server, the redirect is working fine too.
                The bots are added, but then the game does not start, the bots don't start playing either.
                Must the Lite Ripper be installed too ?

Oh boy, yes I figured it out myself already.
                RipperLiteV2 needs to be installed on the server, and then all is working fine.
                Sorry about this post, but maybe it is of use for some other people too.

Keep up this good work and I really lover good remakes.

Comment

Originally posted by pipo-unreal View Post
                  Played the map and I think you did a great job ! Very well done.
                  I even played Titan in this map and it was nice.
                  But when I installed it at the server, the redirect is working fine too.
                  The bots are added, but then the game does not start, the bots don't start playing either.
                  Must the Lite Ripper be installed too ?

i had same problem while installing a remake of gael on our server(with no reasons and like u it was running fine offline with bots) and i never succeded to fix that...i had to remove it...shame

Comment

Another one of my fave old-school maps.

Dont suppose there is any chance of this being finished? Can a talented mapper pick it up and run with it if the original author has given up?

Please? Dont make me beg even more...

Comment

Agree with the guy up there xD if some one want to finish it be my guest i have no time for that :S sorry

Comment

Originally posted by shak18 View Post
                        Agree with the guy up there xD if some one want to finish it be my guest i have no time for that :S sorry
                        Do you have the uncooked map? - also do you have a version with out the ripper? (that could cause the editor not to work on some machines)

Hopefully it would null any missing files, but yeah if you have an uncooked version I'd possibly be interested in helping see this one through.

Comment

Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
                          Do you have the uncooked map? - also do you have a version with out the ripper? (that could cause the editor not to work on some machines)

Hopefully it would null any missing files, but yeah if you have an uncooked version I'd possibly be interested in helping see this one through.
                          Hey 1XTreme, that would be cool if you could finish this. Hate to see this go to waste.

Comment

Mmm i never cooked the map so it has to be fully editable, i paste the steps Sneh give me to have the ripper in the editor

1. Download the RipperLiteV2 (if needed)

2. Copy the files into the Unpublished section. eg.
                            "...\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\Script\RipperLite.u"
                            ...\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\RipperLite\RipperLitePack.upk "

3. In the editor, from Generic Browser, open the two files :
                            - RipperLitePack.upk
                            - RipperLite.u

4. Now, you can choose "RipperLite" in any weapons base - and the ammo is just below Flak Ammo

5. When you cook the final map, the Ripper will be included in your map file automatically.

that should make the trick if someone want to continue this, i cant at the moment

And sorry no version without the ripper this must have it xD

Comment

Hey glad i caught this post ..

Shak18, I'll test this method (RE:Ripper) to see if it works like it should, there was a problem with a map that Sneh released with the ripper cooked into it; CTF-Niven - it works for single player only and will not work in any type of multi-player environment (doesn't matter if everyone has the map, the ripper, etc.) just simply wont work on multi-player.

@M^vL, i couldn't agree with you more, a shame indeed ..

I'd like to see if Shak18 wants to possibly finish it and see if a few of us can support him with testing / feedback / etc. - sounds like he might consider it from his post in my remake thread, and he is back here posting so he might have some interest of desire to complete his work, if not then we go from there.

Any way Shak i've been looking for some meshes for ya, if your ready to get back to work on this let us know we can give ya some step by step feedback, sounds like me & M^vL would be happy to help, i'm sure there are some others who would as well, if not then we go with plan B. (thx guys)

Comment

Working...
                              X