WAR-Araja][, Final Version Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I've released a Second Edition of the map some time ago. You can find it here. This release fixed a lot of bugs (like the one you mentioned) and I think the map is now pretty polished. The map is large and suits 24 players well. There are 10 to 14 spawn points per node, 26 in the base. I'm not aware of any remaining problems, except a minor issue described here (Cicada missiles blow up when fired at maximum altitude).

Changes in Second Edition:
    • fixed blue team not getting the orb
    • fixed central bridge collision error
    • fixed collisions near the core, no more camping problems
    • fixed missing killing volume in a canyon near the blue base
    • fixed problem with folder structure zip package, you're now able to extract the map to your UTGame folder
    I think the map can be fun for competition. Teamplay on this one is very important given the particular node layout (you can see it below) that provides nice twists during the match.

All nodes feature weapon lockers with link and shock and avril near it so you can deal with vehicles easily.

You can read a review of the map here.

Feel free to ask more questions if you want.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does this version still have the bug in it where the people can hide in the "mountian" terrain near each core? - I think it was this map that did it.

I would like to test this map out for competition for FN. Is there anything that is not 100% working correctly in it (sometimes people don't edit certain blocking volumes, or not enough spawn points for large groups of people, etc).

Is this suitable for competition?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cosmix View Post
    This map is really nice. It feels like the original but even better. Can you please add another download link because the one above is very slow. Maybe filefront? Thx for your work!
    Thanks Cosmix! Also sorry for the slow reply.

I've just released the final version of the map (with some more mirrors, including FileFront). You can download it here:

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...7#post26397307

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This map is really nice. It feels like the original but even better. Can you please add another download link because the one above is very slow. Maybe filefront? Thx for your work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Beta 3 released!!

Head to the first post for download/changelog/screenshots!!

Hope to get some more feedback before final release.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you for trying the map, glad you liked it.

Well honestly I never really liked the gears-like look of UT3 where all the things have really washed out colors, so I tried to build a colorful environment.

I have fixed the error with the blue Crystal Strike (the only name I could think of instead of "the kismet sequence that does the same job of Avalanche one"... suggestions are welcome ).
    It seems that while I can change the node status to "built" directly for the red team I can't do the same for the blue team: I had to return the node to neutral status and then assign it to the blue team.. Maybe a kismet error?

As for the huts, I have to redo them completely. Those ones are from the UT2004 version of the map and are there only as placeholders.
    Btw I still have to redo a lot of meshes, here's a work in progress of the bridge (untextured):

[screenshot]http://www.minifloppy.it/maps/araja2/new_woodbridge.jpg[/screenshot]

Leave a comment:

• replied
    nice looking map, lots of green (makes a change from brown lol)

i think the "Avalanche" sequence is bugged for the blue team base. I pressed the button on the statue, but the prime nodes stayed under red control. Then about 5 minutes later they suddenly changed to blue control
    It works fine for the red team base though.

The only other issue i noticed is that the little "huts" that are spread out around the level don't have any textures on them. They just have the default (light grey/dark grey) texture which looks a bit odd in the jungle environment

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Beta 2 has been released.

Head to the first post for download/changelog/screenshots!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've done it. It was in fact really simple, there is a list of actors to enable/disable in the link setup properties.

Thanks for your help

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Noot, what he meant is disabling only certain orb spawners so there can be different node link setups with orb spawners at different locations

You can disable nodes like that so I dont see why you couldnt do that with orb spawners but havent tried it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by minifloppy View Post
    nice!

Don't know if it's possible to disable the spawners though, I first have to check.

It is possible to remove the orb/ orb spawners from any map that you want to. That way you wont have to go back in there and manually do it. GOW_Pacerx has figured it out and all the maps on our servers have the orb or no orb versions you can pick from. Ill see if I can get him over here or ask him how he did that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GOW_Nootsac View Post
    I already beat u too it. here's the link to the thread www.ut3gow.com/Araja2
    nice!

Originally posted by Sanch3z View Post
    I wont go into all of the things I found in your map that need work such as water planes not meeting the terrain since I'm sure you know about stuff like that, unless you want me to? My only suggestion so far is about the orb spawners and that you only place them at the cores. Having the orb in your map is cool but I think having orb spawners anywhere else but at the cores takes away from the core gameplay you had for the map in 2k4 and puts too much emphasis on the orb.

This is going to be a worthy addition to the map pool thanks
    Yeah, there are still a lot of things to do but please wait beta 2 to comment on the graphic!

Speaking of the orb, I like the twist it provides to the gameplay so I think I'm going to create a new node layout (maybe called 'Classic') with orb spawners only in the bases. That way you can choose to play the original or the new one. Don't know if it's possible to disable the spawners though, I first have to check.

Originally posted by Sanch3z View Post
    If you have another beta ready by March 28th I think we would use this map in our upcoming custom map party: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=662471
    Cool! I'll try to have a new beta out by that date, but I'm not sure.

Thank you for your feedback

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I wont go into all of the things I found in your map that need work such as water planes not meeting the terrain since I'm sure you know about stuff like that, unless you want me to? My only suggestion so far is about the orb spawners and that you only place them at the cores. Having the orb in your map is cool but I think having orb spawners anywhere else but at the cores takes away from the core gameplay you had for the map in 2k4 and puts too much emphasis on the orb.

This is going to be a worthy addition to the map pool thanks

If you have another beta ready by March 28th I think we would use this map in our upcoming custom map party: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=662471

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I already beat u too it. here's the link to the thread www.ut3gow.com/Araja2

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GOW_Nootsac View Post
    Nice map bro!!! I remember way back when getting my a$$ kicked in this map in 2k4. Would you mind if I put this up on our server and website?
    I'd really appreciate it!

I wanted to ask for some advice on the UT3GOW forum, but haven't had the time to register and create the thread.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X