X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MutatorLoader v1.5[RC]

Name: Mutator Loader
    Version: v1.5
    Compatibility: Unreal Tournament 3 - Patch 2.0b3 (probably works with all patch levels)

Description:
    A simple mutator for automatically loading other mutators, without requiring a large commandline;
    Can also load different sets of mutators per-gametype

Comments:
    This will remove your server from the 'pure' list; please post here if you come across any problems.
    Also, mutators loaded through this, will not show up in the server details; this can be used to workaround the problem, where too many mutators stops your server showing up (caused by the size of the server details hitting a GameSpy size limit).

Download:
    http://slaughtersplace.net/ut3/MutatorLoader_V1.5.zip
    http://www.wickedinsanegaming.com/mo...[RC]&id=14
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~JBarrett...oader_V1.5.zip (please don't link to this, link to this thread or mirror instead)

Thanks Shamb. USA mirror here:

http://slaughtersplace.net/ut3/MutatorLoader_V1.5.zip

Comment

Cheers added mirror to original post.

Comment

another USA mirror here
        http://www.wickedinsanegaming.com/modules.php?name=Maps&file=viewmap&title=MutatorLo ader_v1.5[RC]&id=14

Comment

That sounds great, and I wish I had it a year ago. However, isn't the Titan patch supposed to make this obsolete?

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
            That sounds great, and I wish I had it a year ago. However, isn't the Titan patch supposed to make this obsolete?
            Yep it does; though not it's original purpose, this is only useful if you have so many mutators running, that the server doesn't show up.
            That's caused by GameSpy limiting the total size of the server details; any mutators loaded through this mutator, don't show up in the server details.

I should've added that info the the original post

Comment

Shambler I have been pulling my hair out for a few days now trying to get my server back into the browser. I have tried a million things and a friend suggested I try this mute which I honestly did not think I would need but it has gotten my server back in the browser.

see thread: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=664731

This has only been an issue since 2.0 and my mutes have all been compiled on 2.0 but still just wasn't showing up.

anyways thanks for this... you gotta new fan..lol

d9

Comment

Well what can I say - Great work yet again Shambler

Epic should have you working for them full time

and

<Zofo> takes an irishman to sort out epics xxxx

Comment

Is there a way to keep mutators from carrying over from one gametype to the next? I notice the new maplists.ini has a section in the gametype configs to exclude mutators but with mutatorloader running that doesn't seem to work. Without mutatorloader I don't show up in the browser lists. Damned if I do and if I don't. Arrrg.

Comment

Originally posted by JD8 View Post
                    Is there a way to keep mutators from carrying over from one gametype to the next? I notice the new maplists.ini has a section in the gametype configs to exclude mutators but with mutatorloader running that doesn't seem to work. Without mutatorloader I don't show up in the browser lists. Damned if I do and if I don't. Arrrg.
                    Could have sworn I read something in the MutatorLoader readme addressing individual gametypes.. it was late though I'll look again.. lol second glance Looks like a no go. at least v1

Originally posted by Shambler
                    Can also load different sets of mutators per-gametype

this is for v1.5 - actually looking at it it is set up very nicely try 1.5.. I need to update lol

Comment

Originally posted by dave neun View Post
                      Could have sworn I read something in the MutatorLoader readme addressing individual gametypes.. it was late though I'll look again.. lol second glance Looks like a no go. at least v1

this is for v1.5
                      I have all the mutators setup per gametype in the mutatorloader.ini but when I switch to another gametype in-game, mutators from the last played gametype travel over into the next gametype. I thought the mutator exclusion section in the maplists.ini would correct the situation but it seems to have no effect.

Comment

do you have any mutes listed in this section of the ini

Code:
                        [default MLConfigProfile]
                        ;Mutators=UTGame.UTMutator_Instagib
                        ;DelayedMutators=UTGame.UTMutator_LowGrav
                        bSimulateInitMutator=True
                        just fishin is all but maybe it is overriding others if so?

Comment

Originally posted by dave neun View Post
                          do you have any mutes listed in this section of the ini

Code:
                          [default MLConfigProfile]
                          ;Mutators=UTGame.UTMutator_Instagib
                          ;DelayedMutators=UTGame.UTMutator_LowGrav
                          bSimulateInitMutator=True
                          just fishin is all but maybe it is overriding others if so?

I thought of that already but it's good to know we're on the same track. Yes I have the same mutators there as my DM. Our default gametype is DM and if I take the default mutators out of the mutatorloader.ini I get only stock settings in the game. I thought maybe that was ok cause the first time I voted for DM the DM mutators would kick in but they didn't. So long story short the default mutators have to be there or I get nothing at all.

Comment

can you post your ini?

Comment

Originally posted by JD8 View Post
                              Mutators which aren't on (or added to, e.g. by the maplist manager) the commandline shouldn't carry over; do you have mutators (other than MutatorLoader) set in UTMapLists.ini?

Comment

Working...
                              X