• Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-HallofGiants3 [beta 2]

Name: CTF-HallofGiants3
    Version: Beta 2
    Compatibility: PC
    Description: Remake of CTF-HallofGiants from UT99
    A low gravity map, in a large alien facility. Shortcut pipes slingshot you to the flags, but leave you floating for a while and vulnerable to sniper fire.

Comments: Sometimes bots don't know where to go properly after flying in the air. (any help on this would be appreciated!)

Credits: remade by sneh
    Original by Juan Pancho Eekels (Epic Games)

Download : CTF-HallofGiants3_beta2.zip (11.9Mb)

[SCREENSHOT]http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/s/sneh17/162542/wfrawsewey.jpg[/SCREENSHOT] [SCREENSHOT]http://static2.filefront.com/images/personal/s/sneh17/162542/cuhuzinuto.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
    [SCREENSHOT]http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/s/sneh17/162542/kylgqqsupu.jpg[/SCREENSHOT] [SCREENSHOT]http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/s/sneh17/162542/kggdgzzkna.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Updates: BETA 2
    - Removed lasers / barriers
    - Replaced height fog with fog volumes
    - Added glow from green lights
    - Added lens flares
    - Changed pipe material
    - Increased velocity out of main pipe slightly
    - Added jumpboots and invisibility (secret)
    - Changed post-process color slightly

omg yes. I'll test it later, but I'm assuming you put in the super low grav n such.

Comment

Nice remake ! I'll try it later. I think the laser guard is good addition, but I also like Original speedy flag carrying

Comment

Originally posted by ZP32 View Post
        Nice remake ! I'll try it later. I think the laser guard is good addition, but I also like Original speedy flag carrying
        Yeah I thought I'd add something different, to mix it up, and make it a little more challenging.

If people don't like it I can always take it out for the final (or even have 2 versions).

Comment

Pardon me if i strike you with too much of an old fashioned approach here, but i'm just a DIE hard HoG fan.

Imho, the new cages and stuff are everything but challenging, cause in fact they are limitating and irritating, cause the only way you are left with to get to your flag, is the center walks, and you will get owned by using those roads, basically because you cant even dodge sideways or change paths, even the most ignorant of the players will know as a true fact, that the enemy flag carrier is going to use the central main road, and that is everything but challenging.

That aside, the gravity feels quite right atm, i dont know what wrong with your maps, but again you have problems with the pickup bases being below surfaces. Can't imagine why.

Other than that, i would strongly recommend the removing on the heightfog, and then use and cube with a fog material inside, cause it's way more controllable and tweakable

Other than that, good job and keep on working

Comment

I tried it. I think it is Nice map! Yeah,it is more difficult to carry flag than original. But,too dark for me Also the Fog should be removed.I can't see enemy.
            I have some doubts about the Top Fences. I think they aren't necessary.
            I need more TubeJumpHeight for MidAirFighting(like original).

P.S. You mistook choosing ThreadIcon. Now it is "MAP-DM" Icon.

Comment

Originally posted by ZP32 View Post
              I tried it. I think it is Nice map! Yeah,it is more difficult to carry flag than original. But,too dark for me Also the Fog should be removed.I can't see enemy.
              I have some doubts about the Top Fences. I think they aren't necessary.
              I need more TubeJumpHeight for MidAirFighting(like original).

P.S. You mistook choosing ThreadIcon. Now it is "MAP-DM" Icon.
              LOL

Thanks for the feedback..

yes I think I will remove the fences they look a bit bad, and I can increase the jump height a little.

I agree it's slightly dark, so I will brighten it up a bit with the skylight.
              I'm interested to see what this "Darkmatch" thing is in the new patch, I wonder if that is made for maps to be dark?

Originally posted by Ignotium View Post
              Imho, the new cages and stuff are everything but challenging, cause in fact they are limitating and irritating, cause the only way you are left with to get to your flag, is the center walks, and you will get owned by using those roads, basically because you cant even dodge sideways or change paths, even the most ignorant of the players will know as a true fact, that the enemy flag carrier is going to use the central main road, and that is everything but challenging.

That aside, the gravity feels quite right atm, i dont know what wrong with your maps, but again you have problems with the pickup bases being below surfaces. Can't imagine why.

Other than that, i would strongly recommend the removing on the heightfog, and then use and cube with a fog material inside, cause it's way more controllable and tweakable
              I'll look into changing the fog, I agree it doesn't quite look right.

Seriously don't know what's going on with the pickups - unlike barricade, this entire map is static mesh..

Ok about the blocked paths, I was just experimenting anyway and released the beta with it. My thought was you can still go that way, but you need to have full health and some shield, but I see where you're coming from - I'll take it out

Thanks, I appreciate your comments

Comment

OK the fenceing is anoying very anoying. The lighting might just need to be a bit better defighned. The center of the blue quite a well as blue as you can get and the green maybe not with such a large radius but a bit brighter.

Comment

Updated to Beta 2, with some fairly major changes

Comment

I love the free choices of where to go it is much more easy to get around the map now. The lighting seems to not look as clear though the fog is nice and all it just dosent have the same color as it did before or variation of color though the green on the walls still shows up quite well. The map also seems to have a much colder feel.

Comment

The great old HoG, i am downloading right now.
                      Just something that bugs me in this map are these green lights on the walls. For some reason, it's shape reminds me of something else...lol

Comment

Working...
                      X