No announcement yet.

Dm-Island [pics and download]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not tested yet, but when I see the differents pics, I think your overall ligthing looks a bit "greenish" and flat...
    What about try to modify the color sheme and give more impact to the contrast between vegetations, sand and water ?

Comment

Beta 2 is here.

Same link

Comment

Beta 2....
        I fixed the problems from stevelois and odedge (thanks)

except you can still fall from the cliff....steve if your suicidal you can talk to us....

oh and @ sebastian nova...i changed the lighting it did suck.

Comment

hi mate i tryed it and sure u have change lighting.....and sure this one is really better

u said we can still fall from cliffs but here u can fall through rocks

i was uncomfortable sometimes with the moove on the map ,all work perfectly but i had the feeling it was very long distances and perhaps could be cool to add one or two ways to cross the map (jumpad or portal dunno) except that detail , all played nice and was very fun moment

thx for that nice piece of mapping i really like visuals; good job

Comment

Originally posted by {BFG}Bl!tz~ View Post
            hi mate i tryed it and sure u have change lighting.....and sure this one is really better

u said we can still fall from cliffs but here u can fall through rocks

1. I was going to mention this, I would check all the rocks in this area as there are more than one.

2. I still think the rocks along the coast are way too bright and there are some other bright spots on assorted rocks. The lighting for the rest of the map looks good.

3. The sound radious for the waterfall that leads to the ocean should be bigger you can hear it farther away.

4. The emitter for the main waterfall, needs to be duplicated or something. It looks like there should be more water splashing (on the jump pad).

5. You still have some rocks that are floating in the air a bit (staicmeshactor_143 & 167.

6. That grass looks much better and it doesn't apear right in front of me as I am walking.

7. As per Steve's suggestion, I like how you place more rocks to give player some cover. You might want to add a few more at the cross roads in the cave and any place that has a long line of sight. They just need to be big enough for a player to hide behind.

8. Lastly, I would strongly suggest you spend 15 minutes of so making the terrain that no one will see "not visible". This will really help on lower end machines.

All and all, it's shaping up rather nice...

Comment

I answer your PM

Don't worry, I don't have any suicide thoughts LOL

Comment

@Steve.

thanks for taking the time guys and nice pics blitz m8.

Final soon i hope

Comment

Working...
                X