Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assault Carbine Beta 4.8 - Fast Automatic with Grenade Launcher (PC and PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assault Carbine Beta 4.8 - Fast Automatic with Grenade Launcher (PC and PS3)

PS3 version updated to Beta 4.8 on 28th September 2009 and PC updated on 30th September 2009, both to Beta 4.8.

Primary fire is automatic bullet fire, secondary fire launches an M203 style grenade.
    ModDB downloads and direct PS3 USERDATA.JAM download at the end of the post.

Youtube Video.

Originally posted by PC Readme
    Assault Carbine by DazJW
    Beta 4.8 (PC)

----Description----

Primary fire is automatic bullet fire, secondary fire launches a grenade from the underbarrel grenade launcher.

----PC Install----

You need to copy the folder UTGame into this folder:
    "C:\Documents and Settings\YOURLOGONNAME\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\"
    Where YOURLOGONNAME is the name of your Windows logon.

Alternatively, the folder is accessible via "My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\".

You will be asked if you wish to overwrite, click yes to all (this is so the folder structure is kept and the files end up in the right place, nothing is actually overwritten by this action).

----Use----

There are two mutators that will be found in the mutator list when you start a game, they are the ones named "Arena - Assault Carbine" and "Spawn - Assault Carbine".
    "Arena - Assault Carbine" spawns you with the Assault Carbine (with unlimited ammo) only and removes all weapons and ammo pickups from the map.
    "Spawn - Assault Carbine" spawns you with the Assault Carbine and the Impact Hammer but with limited ammo (and there won't be any ammo pickups for the weapon in any maps).

You can also chose to replace any weapon with the Assault Carbine by using the Weapon Replacement Mutator that comes with Unreal Tournament 3 or call it from the ingame console using this command:

giveweapon Mod_DZWPASRifle.UTWeap_ASRifle

----Changes from Beta 4----
    Fixed Small Weapons functionality.
    Altered animations.
    New model.
    Originally posted by PS3 Readme
    Assault Carbine by DazJW
    Beta 4.8 (PS3)

----Description----

This is a compatibility fixing release to make the weapon work correctly with PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 2.0.
    Thanks to Fudo Myo-o and katamari666 for verifying this worked prior to release.

Primary fire is automatic bullet fire, secondary fire launches a grenade from the underbarrel grenade launcher.

----Differences to PC version----

The PS3 version uses a larger Sniper Rifle ammo pickup instead of a custom mesh.

----PS3 Install----

You need to place the file USERDATA.JAM onto removable media of some sort (eg USB memory stick). Insert this removable media into your PS3.
    In the Main Menu, go to the Community section. Then select My Content. This will show a list of installed mods. Press Square to bring up the import dialog. The standard PS3 dialog will allow you to select a device to import from.
    Select the device, select Yes to import it, then wait while the mod is first copied to the PS3 Hard Drive, and then unpacked.

----Use----

There are two mutators that will be found in the mutator list when you start a game, they are the ones named "Arena - Assault Carbine" and "Spawn - Assault Carbine".
    "Arena - Assault Carbine" spawns you with the Assault Carbine (with unlimited ammo) only and removes all weapons and ammo pickups from the map.
    "Spawn - Assault Carbine" spawns you with the Assault Carbine and the Impact Hammer but with limited ammo (and there won't be any ammo pickups for the weapon in any maps).

----Changes from Beta 4.6----
    Altered animations.
    New model.
    Custom sounds in PS3 version rather than just PC version.
    I was going to delay this until it was textured, but I wanted to get a PS3 version out and thought I might aswell have an equal PC version out too.

PC .zip and PS3 .zip downloads here.

sweet can't wait for your final version
    ps3 user here and even though you had to switch some sounds its still good worked good here hope you could update it when the titan update comes

Comment

I downloaded the mutator for ps3 and it doesent seem to work.. what should i do???

Comment

OK this one is a keeper! I have it running on the ARC server now. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Comment

Originally posted by thosewhobelive View Post
          I downloaded the mutator for ps3 and it doesent seem to work.. what should i do???
          It's possible that it's not 2.0 compatible on PS3, there's no documentation regarding what's been changed so I can't fix it.

Originally posted by JD8 View Post
          OK this one is a keeper! I have it running on the ARC server now. Can't wait to see the finished product.
          Thanks, I need to get the bloody thing unwrapped so I can texture it then it should be ready for a final release.

Comment

Not sure what unwrapping it means but right on!

Have a look at this thread if you have a minute DazJW. http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...2#post26252682

Comment

3D model is good, but materials isn't

Comment

is not coming for ps3!????? what the hell man!!! all the good mods are for computer is not fair.

Comment

Originally posted by thosewhobelive View Post
                  is not coming for ps3!????? what the hell man!!! all the good mods are for computer is not fair.
                  It says PS3 Version Download in big writing at the bottom of the first post and says PC and PS3 in the thread title...
                  I don't think it works in 2.0, but that's not my fault. The next version that comes out will obviously be 2.0 compatible provided I can fix whatever is broken.

I notice you posting in other threads too - it's that whiny attitude that makes a lot of people not want to support PS3, the vocal minority give the silent majority a bad name. Especially when you're obviously not even reading threads (or even the first post, or maybe the thread title?) before replying to them.

I'm working on a fixed PS3 version at the moment.

Comment

Ps3 ftw

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PS3 SUPPORT! Keep it UP!

Comment

Thanks for this awesome weapon Daz. Works great on the PS3 and I can't wait to see future work.

Comment

Added links to the new PS3 version to the first post.

Comment

OMG the weapon does work stupid me..is awesome

Comment

Just tried this on my PS3, played with the arena mutator. Really enjoyed it, I loved the fact that it had a custom reticule. You should try making this to replace a weapon so you can pick up ammo and the like for the PS3 version. The model also looks kinda blocky, but considering it's still beta and all, I think you already knew that.

Something I noticed when playing with bots is that the bots like to use the secondary fire alot. I'm not sure if this is the case for all weapons, but I feel like I'm the only one using primary fire sometimes.

Really enjoyed the mod, gonna have alot of fun playing with this weapon. Just wish it was an actual weapon that replaced something else. (My pick would be the Shock or Bio Rifles)

Comment

Tested the ps3 version this week end ran well, also combines well with the tvg infinite ammo mutator for a nice double hit.

I have to say there was no other reason to have any other weapons in the game as this weapon is the one weapon.

Great Job.

Comment

Working...
                              X