• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I know that was one issue I was trying to fix

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It gives headshot even if I didnt hit opponents head.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's true. They should've kept it. This way they wouldn't need to make a tracer for the Sniper Rifle. The smoke in 2k4 was enough imho. Instead they could have used the LG as the default weapon and the Sniper Rifle (with 2k4 behavior) as a mutator.
    A lightning was cooler than such a tracer imo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks good.

TBh I don't understand why they dropped it for UT3, seems totally suited to the futuristic feel of UT. After adding Creative's UT2004 X-fi patch it sounded so meaty, using it was cool.

Anyone with an X-fi and UT2004 should really check it out: http://xfi.blogspot.com/2006/07/unre...-fi-patch.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Waiting for one as well. Where's the Lightning Gun for us 2k3/4 folks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A final version?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Downloading. I hear something about an Orange tracer/laser....NOOOOOOO

If your going to remake a Tournamnet classic, be it a level or weapon... DO IT AS ACCRUATELY AS POSSILBE

Leave a comment:

• replied
    looking nice... excellent work my friend!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    finally I play UT3 enough to download things for it like this

got port

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just tried it out...

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve here. Are you attempting to bring back a direct copy of ut2k4's lightning gun or are you just trying to make a stronger shock primary weapon?

ut2k4's lg has: no kickback, a fire rate of 1.6 seconds, and 70dmg per shot.
    Your lg feels just like a shock rifle but with 60 dmg.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just played a few games with this and here is what I've come across...

- Headshots aren't announced. It's really easy to get headshots with the gun though, so maybe that isn't a bad thing as hearing the voice over and over might get annoying. I'm leaning more towards the voice though.
    - No sounds for me. Out of, say, 10 shots between me and bot, only 2 or 3 of them make sounds. I'm pretty sure I put the 3 files in the correct folders, since I still hear sounds sometimes... but they don't sound like lightning. :P
    - When I looked at the ammo counter, I had 293. I think it went down by 2 or 3 per shot, but isn't that a little much ammo for such a powerful gun?
    - The lightning beam seems like a mixture of lightning and the rail gun's beam. I'd like to see one or the other, preferably lightning, since that's the name of the gun.
    - The beam is also kind of thick. Since it's such a powerful gun, easy aim isn't really a good thing. Didn't the UT2k4 Lightning Gun start out wide at the tip of the gun, and then get thinner and thinner to where the end of the lightning beam was about a thin as a sniper shot?

I'm really looking forward to playing with this gun more. I missed it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    unrealloco, mind if i give my hand at a custom model for this? I do think your using UT2k4's low poly, or third person mesh, it looks super low detailed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    very good job! i loved it in ut2k4!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    woops thanx sanch3z

Leave a comment:

• replied
    best place for the .upk would be in Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\Textures\ directory.

if there is no textures folder in there create it.

you also missed the "Published" and "Script" in this:
    Store the LightingGun2k4_beta1.u file in your Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\Script directory.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X