No announcement yet.

LightingGun2k4_beta1 PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Not going to register on your forum to download this!

Comment

who says you have to register just click download if want you can register im not forcing anyone to register unless they want too

Comment

Sorry, I clicked on the wrong link to download. Went to your forum instead of the download link.

Comment

the mesh should really be remade. its too boxy, very nice either way, i loved that weapon from previous versions

Comment

i just had a little test run, and here are the results:
            -i noticed you used the low-poly pickup mesh of the lightning gun, and not the first person model, that model looks much better
            -i also noticed that when you shoot with the lightninggun, there is no hit delay: in other words: when you shoot, its an instant hit, unlike with the original lightning gun, where the lightning actually had to travel [really fast]
            -when you get hit by the lightninggun, the trail is incorrect: unlike with the original lightninggun, it doesnt stretch between the person who shot and the person who got shot, but it actually only hits the person who shot, in a weird way: one half is behind you, one half is in front of you. i suggest you fix that
            -i also noticed that this weapon is supposed to replace the sniper, but you put it in weapon slot 4, where the shock rifle already is.. i suggest you fix that.
            -when you pickup a shockrifle, the lightning gun gets a lot more ammo, but when you pick up shock cores, the lightninggun doesnt get more ammo... suggest you fix that.
            -when you shoot the lightninggun, it doesnt recharge [the sound is missing], and so makes you shoot way too fast. I suggest you slow down the firing rate a bit
            -when you shoot or when the lightninggun is supposed to recharge, we dont get to see an animation, it would be nice to have one...
            -when you have the lightninggun equiped, the player's hand holding the weapon is missing...

btw: this is how the high-poly model looks like, but i dont know how to export it: http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/889/xpawneo8.png

Comment

Originally posted by Coreper View Post
              i also noticed that when you shoot with the lightninggun, there is no hit delay: in other words: when you shoot, its an instant hit, unlike with the original lightning gun, where the lightning actually had to travel [really fast]
              It was hitscan in 2k4, too. :x

Comment

heres a small video of what i have right now http://www.xfire.com/video/80e3d/ im still playing around with it

Comment

I thought this was going to be a classic remake of the UT2004 lightninggun, not a reimagined version of it?
                  That's not a bad thing, just not what I was expecting

Comment

ok i have added this to my server and i can not get it to work. i put the .ini file in the config folder and the other two in published cooked pc script and texture.
                    i can pick it on my webadmin in the mutators list but it will not load. any ideas?

Comment

is this a rented server?? if so put the u and upk file in UTGame\CookedPC on your server then reboot the server and choose one of the 2 mutators or use the weapon replacer

if its on your pc put in

Store the LightingGun2k4_beta1.u file in your Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\ directory.

Store the WP_LightingGun2k4.upk file in your Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\Textures\ directory.

Store the UTLightingGun2k4_beta1.ini file in your Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\ directory.

Comment

best place for the .upk would be in Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\Textures\ directory.

if there is no textures folder in there create it.

you also missed the "Published" and "Script" in this:
                        Store the LightingGun2k4_beta1.u file in your Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\Script directory.

Comment

woops thanx sanch3z

Comment

very good job! i loved it in ut2k4!

Comment

unrealloco, mind if i give my hand at a custom model for this? I do think your using UT2k4's low poly, or third person mesh, it looks super low detailed.

Comment

I just played a few games with this and here is what I've come across...

- Headshots aren't announced. It's really easy to get headshots with the gun though, so maybe that isn't a bad thing as hearing the voice over and over might get annoying. I'm leaning more towards the voice though.
                                - No sounds for me. Out of, say, 10 shots between me and bot, only 2 or 3 of them make sounds. I'm pretty sure I put the 3 files in the correct folders, since I still hear sounds sometimes... but they don't sound like lightning. :P
                                - When I looked at the ammo counter, I had 293. I think it went down by 2 or 3 per shot, but isn't that a little much ammo for such a powerful gun?
                                - The lightning beam seems like a mixture of lightning and the rail gun's beam. I'd like to see one or the other, preferably lightning, since that's the name of the gun.
                                - The beam is also kind of thick. Since it's such a powerful gun, easy aim isn't really a good thing. Didn't the UT2k4 Lightning Gun start out wide at the tip of the gun, and then get thinner and thinner to where the end of the lightning beam was about a thin as a sniper shot?

I'm really looking forward to playing with this gun more. I missed it

Comment

Working...
                                X