Clear All

DM-50beta3 - 20080301

Name: DM-50beta3
    Version: 3
    Compatibility: UT3 latest patch
    Description: basic DM or TDM layout, probably up to 2 - 6 players
    Comments: 50th map I've made/published in the Unreal series
    Screenshot:

Credits: Odege, Sebastien-Nova, wael, JeffyB, stevelois, et al. (will add all to read me)
    Homepage:
    Download: http://files.filefront.com/DM+50beta.../fileinfo.html

Looks like a great design to me.

Comment

Whaaou, that pics looks awesome, very good improvements since the last beta I have tested !

I can wait this evening to test this one
      I will post feedbacks asap !

You know, I have tested 2 last beta-maps yesterday, I will not metinoned their name here, but I really want give off play this game after see that sadly work...
      You have make my day with your own Luv !

Thx for your work, this community really needs you man

Comment

where's .... the beta?

Comment

Sorry, it was late so I only posted pictures last night. I've updated the first post with the download. Thanks

Comment

Love the nice clean look!
            I'm a fan of blue colour schemes as well.
            Expect another notch in the download count from me!

Comment

Will test when I have the time later today.

Comment

Cant wait to try this, especialy interested in seeing you working with the sci-fi themed packages in UT3 for the first time. Is this the map that was formulating in 'let talk about the dm gameplay' thread?

*EDIT

Everytime, great. The Fantastic flow, love the sequence with the jumpad to the Amp then down into the liftjump up for the Belt. So many well thought out set peice areas.
                Just a couple of thoughts off the top of my head.. It could be nice to move one of the nearby weapons or items to the end of this raised platform:
                [screenshot]http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/4452/fidyvr8.jpg[/screenshot]
                The platform is open to attack from grates either side and above, making for some nice ambush shots, and going for the item you would also have the satisfaction of securing it and then making ur escape thru the teleporter.
                Running round I couldn't help thinking that a warm direct light would contrast really nicely with the ambient deep blue, and really set the level off. Just like with Dante, but a more saturated deeper orange-yellow. I think this would help with orientation alot too, since all that blue is quite dissorientating at first.
                Great stuff again, Crayfish.

Comment

Nice layout, only complaint is the lighting. Add some warmer tones here and there, perhaps another light environment to make areas "separate"?

And the clean white wall materials are a bit out of place to my tastes, perhaps darken a bit or something?

Seems this map will be good when finished.

Comment

Originally posted by musilowski View Post
                    .... perhaps another light environment to make areas "separate"?

That´s what I was thinking, too

Anway, good layout.

Comment

thanks for the quick replies, guys. Yes, Crayfish, this was the alpha map I put up in the DM thread awhile back.

I like the idea of contrasting yellow/orange lights too.. will definitely look into that.

musilowski - I'll work on the "separate" lighted areas also. Most likely in the mini-gun room and more closed up areas, like the thigh pads.

The bluish tone in there now is due to the post process volume's settings, and probably the yellow-ish sunlight & heightfog colors are creating a mess right now. My attempt at "bluing" things up was to tone down all the green wall textures that I did not think looked good against all the black/charcoal colored meshes, and it needs to fit well with the non-yellow sky. I also wanted light-shaded metallic wall textures, but not stone, with a mid-range amount of static meshes. So that's my challenge.

Comment

You can always change the colors of the materials themselves.

Comment

^
                          Good thing you have a tutorial on your site to help me with all that

I contemplated changing the materials used...I will take a look and see if I can figure it out. Thanks.

Comment

Just have the time to make 3 matches on it :

The layout is very smooth and fluid, well better than the alpha, we we felt on it like a fish in the sea !
                            I really appreciate your flow on every map you create

I not really had time to make a more deep test so my unique suggestion will be about visual.
                            I think like others guys the map's tone is a bit low/cold and miss more contrast but not as much as DM-Dante (it's my only lament on it ).
                            Just increase a bit the color balance and think it will be enough

And I have some missing texture on floor, don't know if it's not finish or if there is a trouble with some material on my pc.

Good job as usual, another keeper for me, I can wait the final version !

Comment

Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
                              And I have some missing texture on floor, don't know if it's not finish or if there is a trouble with some material on my pc.
                              Na, not your PC Don´t worry.

Comment

Working...
                              X