• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Any word on this, schiZm22?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Broken Link

This map looks amazing, and I was looking forward to checking it out, but the link to Filefront goes nowhere for me. I also tried to search for the file on Filefront, and that came up empty as well. If you've taken it down in anticipation of releasing the final version, I look forward to seeing it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm planing on releasing the final version next, so any last minute suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh totally. As the maker of AnarchyHalls, saying otherwise would be straight up hypocritical of me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    While it's a bit late to make any major layout changes, I think this map does well with a wide range of player counts. (At least against bots anyway.) A little chaos is always fun, right?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Small maps are great. Servers aren't constantly full, you know?

Just from personal experience, maps like AnarchyHalls or ArenaOfDeath are incredibly popular at all server sizes, while we have trouble getting people to play ActionCityRE despite it being an amazing map. This is because when we DO play it, only half the people get in due to others having to download it and bailing out or whatever. And 8 people playing ActionCityRE is a bore-fest because it's so big.

Again, it's a totally awesome map, but it needs a mostly-full or full server to play well...

Hm. After re-reading my last post, I guess I'm trying to say it needs to scale well. Due to UT3's sadly low player count, it should do well with low numbers, but you don't want a map that when a server is full and everyone excitedly votes for your map, it sucks with big numbers and half the players bail.

Eh, I think I'm just babbling at this point. Keep working on the map, and pay no attention to the crazy guy. lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmm...I've never thought of that before but you make a valid point. Although it seems like no one would make small maps if this truly is the case.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah in UT3 2.0 you spawn with whatever weapons are in the nearest weapon locker. It's neat, but you have to remember it when mapping. *shrug*

Regarding the player count, I would make sure the map plays well with a full player count (full being defined as 25-30 people), moreso than five or six players. I mean unless you know a server that you're intending for this to go that tops out at 10 players or whatever.

Just from personal experience, if a map does big numbers well but not small numbers, we just don't vote for it until the server is more full. But if a map doesn't do big numbers well, for some reason everyone gets the impression that its a crappy map. Despite this not being the case.

Just some thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks I've been needing some feedback on the weapon setups. I think the spawning with the link/flak is an effect of the new UT3 version so I guess I have to adjust for that.
    While I didn't really intend this map to have 20+ people I know that will just get ignored. As for an additional entrance, one you may not have noticed is to manta jump to the enemy artillery platform and use the teleport. It's my favorite path.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Played it.

I like it. Like what you did with putting the emp in the middle. Actually, I like alot of things you did with the map. Just a few things...

+ Too much avril ammo. The problem with a bunch of avril ammo is that it basically makes last second saves or chasing the flag carrier impossible. VCTF doesn't have a fast means of tracking down players from across the map (translocator) all they have is vehicles. So when you have avril campers that dont ever run out of ammo, you have a problem. I suggest you remove avril ammo from the sniper towers, but leave the ones that are out on the bridge. The stuff is precious, and should be worked for.

+ Small thing, could you make it so its just a little easier for the manta to reach the top area above the base? I mean thats a prime spot imo, I would go there if I had the flag and I knew the spma wasnt out, because I cant be sniped and the only way up is a hammer jump. As it is it feels like I have to navigate blocking volumes up the butt perfectly just to get the manta up. Its a small thing to ask. Oh, also - I could get to the top of the towers where the satellite is via manta glitching, but I guess that'll be fixed in the patch.

+ Whats the point of weapon racks of flak and link if you spawn with flak and link anyway? You have enough ammo in the map, make them walk to those racks.

+ Lastly I feel with larger number games (20+ people), assuming this gets put on dfb, it'll be a little clogged, and a little spammy. (Example: one entrance you are greeted by a tank, another a manta and a scorpion, another probably shock campers. - granted, the redeemer helps.) The only fix I see for this is adding some other way into the flag room. How you do that would be up to your creative juices.

Thanks for making a fun map schiZm22, hope to see more from you in the future.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah I definitely used your suggestions...like all of them The map is pretty much in the final stage just need some feedback on pickups setup to try to make it as fun as possible.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cool to see you post a new beta version of this (*wonders if you took my suggestions into account*) i'll try it and post with update.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah i don't have any framerate problems with it. Thought i had optimized performance as best i could.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    cool map and the problems seem to be fixed, just a little lag but its probably just my comp

Leave a comment:

• replied
    black thing are fix

Leave a comment:

Working...
X