Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-Aftermath BETA3[PICS][D/L]Fixed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took a quick look at the beta 2 version and I like the "changes" you made from my list, especially the floating jump pad that pushes you down towards the armor vest.

A few last thoughts...

1. You can walk through SkeletalMeshActorMAT_0

2. StaticMeshActor_232 & 133 are z-fighting, with no clear winner in sight. So are SMA 371 & 370.

3. You might want to turn SMA_123 & 294 around 180 degrees, so they don't look the same as the other vents.

4. I accidentally tested the map in Team Death match, with the other team having 8 players and I was by myself. I must say, this map does very well in this "left for dead / Invaison" game play. I was running my assets off trying to stay alive.

5. Even though I normally don't like vehicles in DM maps, you might want to make a vehicles version. I would suggest putting 2-3 scorpions and maybe a manta. If you could duplicate the Kismet sequence that they use in DM-Heatray (or something similar), you have the Darkwalker span in the place where the berserk is currently located. You would have to play avrils and maybe a redeemer for the infantry. I think it would work because the infantry has some cover between the vehicles, plus they can get on top of many of them so they have sort of the advantage.

Comment

Ok thanks for the comments (again)! Several small bugs have been squashed!

1. I have added collision to SkeletalMeshActorMAT_0. For some reason it was set to BlockWeapons.
      2. The problematic meshes have been rezized to fit without z-fighting.
      3. I think the vents should stay were they are. If they are rotated (IMO) they look out of place.
      4. Good to see you enjoyed yourself!
      5. I'll see what I can do. The current level is too far in to make such large changes but I will think about doing it later (RE or VE). I am pretty caught up with real life stuff ATM.
      6. I have added some more jumppads in a couple of areas, which make moving around easier and more fun.
      7. I have tweaked the lighting to try to make it more interesting.
      8. Reviewed some of the more "boring" areas and added some more interesting things (you'll find out eventualy).

Still to do: I will probally start thinking about adding some kismet sequences (any ideas as to what would be cool?).

P.S BETA3 is very near...

Stuey95

EDIT: BETA3 IS OUT!

Comment

Originally posted by Stuey95 View Post
        5. I'll see what I can do. The current level is too far in to make such large changes but I will think about doing it later (RE or VE). I am pretty caught up with real life stuff ATM.
        I don't think you should change the playable area of the map at all. The only thing I can think of that might need to change is remove some of the destroyed vehciles so there is more room to drive around.

Still to do: I will probally start thinking about adding some kismet sequences (any ideas as to what would be cool?).
        Kismet sequences should fit the level and not the other way around. I have only done one (though I had a lot of help with it ) and that was a weather change with the Udamage was picked up (originally seen in DM-Calibrah).

So you have the Udamage and Berserk pickups, you can do something with them. Also, having one for the Darkwalker (if you decide to go for that) would be nice too...[/quote]

Comment

Working...
        X