X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joust - Reverse CTF

Joust
    Reverse CTF

Swaps the Red and Blue flags and unlocks vehicles.

[shot]http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/3227/joustredbaseblueflagnx5.jpg[/shot]
    Red base, Blue flag.

Comments

Dragging the flag back home is generally the most exciting part, and this mutator skips right to it. It unlocks all vehicles, too, for both teams, so you can jump into any vehicle you see.

Fes already made this exact same mutator last year (and I didn't find out until I finished mine). I suggest downloading Fes' mutator instead.

Download Reverse CTF by Fes

Download Xyx's version ONLY if Fes' mirror has gone down

Turns out someone already made the exact same thing:
    Reverse CTF by Fes

He even made the vehicles neutral. Since there is no point in spreading two versions of the same thing, I suggest downloading Fes' version for compatibility with what is already out there. However, one of Fes' mirrors is down, so I'm keeping my version around in case his last mirror goes down too.

Comment

kicking ***

I suggest to kick FesĀ“s *** for stealing it!!!

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
      Turns out someone already made the exact same thing:
      Reverse CTF by Fes

He even made the vehicles neutral. Since there is no point in spreading two versions of the same thing, I suggest downloading Fes' version for compatibility with what is already out there. However, one of Fes' mirrors is down, so I'm keeping my version around in case his last mirror goes down too.

Comment

Nifty little mut... On a somewhat related note, and since you seem to be into tweaking gametypes and such, what do you think about a CTF variant where the flag is replaced with a nuke?

The rules would be the same as with regular CTF, except that the flag would be replaced with a small nuclear missile model. The nuke would have its own health and could be damaged by weapons fire, with, say, 50% nuke health causing a small radiation field that hurts the flag carrier and those directly around him, and a Redeemer explosion when the nuke is 'killed'. However, it would be possible for teammates to 'heal' the nuke with the Link gun.

That's pretty much it; a little twist to spice things up, make CTF a bit crazier, and maybe add some new tactical elements. I know I'd never play regular CTF again.

So, would something like this be difficult to implement? Not much changes would be needed to AI behavior, in any case, basically just the Link healing (and there's already code for that). Presumably the stock Redeemer missile model could be used to replace the flag, so the only potentially tricky bit would be the radiation field (needs some visuals) and adding health & collision to the 'flag'.

Comment

Sounds semi-tricky. I'm not sold on the idea, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad idea. You could try posting it in the mod requests forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
            I'm not sold on the idea, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad idea. You could try posting it in the mod requests forum.
            Yeah, been there, done that, didn't work. But np, there's always plan B...

Comment

Working...
            X