• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-TrainPlace [NEW alpha 10-05-09] [download] [pics]

Name: DM-TrainPlace
    Version:0.71
    Compatibility:PC<look into my last post in this thread>, patch 2.1
    Description:A map situated on a lost train station. It's a bit dark and a bit steampunky (I've designed it havin the picture of railway station in Opole, Poland)
    Comments:Now I'm doing the most important fix-gameplay fix. I'm doing a lot of collision fixes on areas that are done for now. Also, I'm challanging my computer with how much details I can do on a map like this (I have a GF8600GT-256MB).
    Screenshot:About those, please keep in mind-these are only the areas that are 60% or more done. I'll update the pictures as soon as there will be some noticeable change.

Credits:Epic Games for UT3, Bioshock creators (really got inspired by them), me? ;]
    Homepage:
    Download: Please check this thread often, give your opinions out, I'm really waiting for it after a lot of hard work. The map isn't going to be finished if you won't cooperate ;]

look good the pic of you new map a bit too dark too
    or its just me

Comment

Imageshack won't work for me, so can't view the larger pics, but judging by the thumbs it looks like it has good atmosphere and an interesting layout. Definitely looking forward to this one.

Comment

Imageshack won't work 4 you? 2 bad. This is why for all those who want to know what it's going to be like I'll relase an alpha of this sweet DM before sunday morning . Happy now? xD

EDIT: BTW what metod of uploading should I use so nobody will have the problem with downloading the alpha?

Comment

Originally posted by Duobix View Post
          EDIT: BTW what metod of uploading should I use so nobody will have the problem with downloading the alpha?
          You could use Filefront for example, always works for me.

Comment

http://gallery.filefront.com/Duobix/
            Okay, here is the actual Image gallery for DM-TrainPlace. Uploaded there a one new image.
            Comment! Please! I love comments

Comment

Ok, checked out the pics @ filefront, and it looks even better than I thought! The part with the trains actually looks realistic, and the whole place has a nice creepy, almost surreal atmosphere.

Btw, in the pic of the main station building, with the yellow window thing, is there an entrance to an underground section underneath the green signs? That would be very cool; I really like large, (semi-)realistic maps with plenty of places to explore, and of course fight in.

Comment

Well, I've made two small places going underground but I very like the idea of making them bigger And so I'm doing it. I don't know if they will make it to the alpha, but still they're nice
                EDIT:BTW here is one of the places where you can go for a bit of under-the-ground aciton

Comment

I'm here just to tell that I'm ready with the first alpha relase.
                  Please tell me what you think about it DOWNLOAD HERE

Comment

really nice map
                    i found some thing http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2241/loltn9.jpg

Comment

It was made on purpose (just because u wouldn't be able to jump out of that zone).
                      I probably know another way around it, so it wouldn't be that noticeable

Comment

I like the map name

Looks pretty cool!

Comment

Tried the map, found some bugs/issues:

--the physics enabled crates/boxes are a nice idea, but they get in the way too much (and bots get stuck on them a lot), which ruins the gameplay. So I'd get rid of those, at least in the underground sections.
                          --bots always get stuck at the end of the underground tunnel where the rocket launcher is. Not sure whether it's the crates again or a pathing issue.
                          --I also got stuck a lot on the 'broken' floor in the main building, needs some fixing.

The map as a whole is nice, though, and it's a good thing you added those underground areas, things like that make a map more interesting and 'real'. Maybe you could expand the tunnel with the RL? It's a dead end now, but it could be linked to other areas of the map. There could also be partially flooded area, for example. Lots of possibilities here to make this really cool.

Comment

Originally posted by 4TX4 View Post
                            Tried the map, found some bugs/issues:

--the physics enabled crates/boxes are a nice idea, but they get in the way too much (and bots get stuck on them a lot), which ruins the gameplay. So I'd get rid of those, at least in the underground sections.
                            --bots always get stuck at the end of the underground tunnel where the rocket launcher is. Not sure whether it's the crates again or a pathing issue.
                            --I also got stuck a lot on the 'broken' floor in the main building, needs some fixing.

The map as a whole is nice, though, and it's a good thing you added those underground areas, things like that make a map more interesting and 'real'. Maybe you could expand the tunnel with the RL? It's a dead end now, but it could be linked to other areas of the map. There could also be partially flooded area, for example. Lots of possibilities here to make this really cool.
                            Boxes, k', i'll reduce the amount of them. The rocket launcher place will be connected to another area, don't worry You probably can see the black corridor that's blocked there? It's for the purpose of expanding (won't tell you what's there). This broken floor is a part that I didn't optimized in colission-I'm now working on it.

This idea of flooded area sounds really good 2 me. The thing is that I really didn't think about it when making the tunnels there. Still I'm crazy as hell about the idea of water-I'll probably have some good time working on it.

BTW. Have I told u that the map in it's final realse will be relased as a VCTF/CTF/WAR also?

OH yeah, almost forgot! I have a PS3 beta for PS3 guys <DOWNLOAD HERE> . Have fun, and thanks to demon slick for the cook

Comment

NEWS:
                              New alpha version aviable 2 u.
                              It has some new areas-they are a bit buggy, but consider this is still an alpha version.
                              Another thing is that I'm a bit sorry cause I didn't fix boxes and optizmized collision-I was all about creating new places. The other things will come in next.
                              DOWNLOAD TIME!
                              A new screen:

Comment

Working...
                              X