Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

VCTF-Towering Towers *beta 0.9* pc download *updated*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-Towering Towers *beta 0.9* pc download *updated*

Name: vctf - towering towers
    Version: 0.9
    Compatibility: no known issues
    Description: a capture the flag map with 3 different ways of getting across to the opponents base. this level focuses on utilising z axis fighting as there are various levels at which you can shoot both upwards and downwards. the centrepiece is the two tracks that intersect eachother to provide an interesting choice on whether to walk across, use the hoverboard or go for the manta on the top of each base.
    Download: http://files.filefront.com/VCTF+Towe.../fileinfo.html

Screenshot:

Looks neat.

Comment

Seems like a hitscan paradise, which can be a bad thing. Are you planning to add more cover?

Comment

i was seeing what people thought of it before adding or taking stuff away

Comment

I love the idea. Given some good meshing this could be a killer map.

Comment

what do you mean by meshing??

Comment

a good start, not much cover tho, adding dynamic fog or moving clouds could improve it too

Static mesh= object you place in map
              meshing = placing the meshes

Rainy weather could do well too, since it's a rather gray colour panel you're using

Comment

where would you suggest more cover be put and what sort of things could be used as the cover?

Comment

does nobody any any suggestions at all???

Comment

This map looks really interesting. One of the most original I've seen in a while.

I will be sure to test it tomorrow and give you some feedback.

Comment

This map is seriously one of the most original I've played and seen in a while, and I'm not just saying that. The jump pad scheme is extremely fun, and I love the winding parts that interconnect. I know it's not finished yet, but I have a few suggestions.

The weapon and ammo placements perhaps need a bit of re-work. You should never put two ammo packs next to every weapon spawn. If you spread out the ammo, and take some of it away, it will make players work for it more. Right now, all of the weapons are mid-field. I think you should move the Flak Cannons and the Shock Rifle spawns back to the each of the bases right where players spawn, because right now, you don't spawn next to any of the weapons, which kind makes you a sitting duck if you're on foot . The one Sniper is in a very good spot now, so if you take away the Shock Rifle and put a Shock in each base along with the Flak, you could just put another Sniper on that platform. The Stinger and Sniper will probably be the most used weapons on this map, so make sure that you really limit the ammo for both of them. Also, the UDamage seems easier to get than the Rocket Laucher. Maybe reverse their spawns? Either way, both are in very nice spots.

A Manta is also kind of a weird vehicle to have on the peak-top of a base. Personally, I think it would be sick to have the Manta in that empty spaced room below the flag (Are you planning on placing a vehicle there?) and a Raptor where the Manta is now. Maybe a Scorpion on the ground floor too? The map would be more fun as a vCTF map if you added a few more vehicles.

If you do in fact add more vehicles, keep in mind the placement of AVRiLs. This is a small map, so you won't want to add any ammo, if maybe one per side. Just make sure that the AVRiL is close enough to each spawn point. Right now, even with just a Manta, the map needs an AVRiL somewhere, maybe just in the middle, even. But if you add more vehicles, you'll need at least two AVRiL spawn points, one for each team's side.

I find that on this map, a flag carrier is going to be taking lots of falls. Make sure you add in some Jump Boots around each base. I thought a perfect place for them would be right between those large, dark Cylinder-things, since there isn't anything there, and right under the Blue and Red Flags where there is that little ledge, or even on top of all those boxes. You've added a lot of useful ledges and there's still some open space, so maybe add some more Vials and some Armor on the lower parts. There are a ton of sick Impact Hammer jumps you can pull off too from each base, so that will add an edge to flag running.

As I said, the Jump Pad scheme is great. I really like it. Adding air control would make it more fun too, especially when you have Jump Boots.

People are saying things about more static meshes. If anything, maybe add some more objects on the ground floor to close it up a little more? Is it possible to add more width to the box piles? And since you're in a high up place in some gloomy weather, maybe add some more fog or rain? That would be really cool.

Overall, this is a really sweet design. I hope my ideas helped you a little. Great job

Comment

thankyou so much for that feedback its so refreshing getting someone giving good constructive critisims and then says how to improve it. the amount of times ive had people just put "it needs more stuff in it" or things like that which whilst it highlights the problem doesnt really help me in any way in working out how to make it better. ill be trying to add some of your suggestions in and ill put a newer version on to see if its any better.

Comment

Glad I could help

Comment

well based off your suggestions i have made some changes to the layout of some things. i left the lower bit uncovered since i put a scorpions down there and it allowed them to move about easier. i didnt include the raptor since i was having troubles with sorting out the limits in which it can go. hopefully stuff is better now if theres anything else let me know.

heres a link to the download the front post will be changed as well.
                            http://files.filefront.com/VCTF+Towe.../fileinfo.html

Comment

speaking as a player/consumer this is the kind of map people are looking for...cool and original, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X