No announcement yet.

XS Alpha: Basilisk (formerly Flak Tank)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you add some clusters to the flak bomb impact?

Comment

We were thinking of something like this:

[shot]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/67/BLU-82_Daisy_Cutter_Fireball.JPG[/shot]

Or Fallout 3 style exploding fission battery mushroom clouds...

Or indeed clusterbombs...

Or clusterbombs that explode into miniclusterbombs that bounce around and then explode into microbombs that explode on impact.

Comment

I'm all in for mushroom clouds *drools at a recording of the exploding town Megaton*

Comment

Full ack, FoXtRoT. Although a mushroom explosion is rather conventional, it's still something that's clearly missing in UT3, the redeemer just doesn't cut it. This game needs a shroom-ka-boom! Anyone remember the awesome effect of the U4E Dollbombs in Ut2k4? Something like that would be mind-blowing.

Comment

u have talent Xyx and i always am looking forward to downloading your stuff

Comment

mushroom cloud madness... i like...

Comment

Transmission start-
                The PMC "Blue Team" has successfully downloaded schematics for this vehicle and will initaite construction and combat tests immeadiately.
                -End Transmission

Comment

Now for the un-military transmission message: i have downloaded and will KICK SOME RED *** right now...

Comment

Just a few quick comments. First, this vehicle is amazing, and I love its appearance, although it's solid gray until occupied. Is it supposed to detonate the ball and twist you in weird directions when you hit the crouch key? I'm still trying to decide whether or not I like the zoom secondary. Judging by the stupidly small size which Epic made its vehicle maps, I think you might want to reduce the zoom amount. Just an idea. Great work, and I look forward to more awesome vehicles. I can't wait till these things are in mutator form, though, that will make things much easier.

Comment

Something like the Nemesis's zoom would work best IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddog80 View Post
                        it's solid gray until occupied.
                        That's being worked on. The texture is just placeholder stuff.

Is it supposed to detonate the ball and twist you in weird directions when you hit the crouch key?
                        Yes and no. It is supposed to get rid of the ball (tiny poof when you crouch as opposed to a big explosion when you jump), but it is not supposed to "twist you in weird directions"... Exactly how should I picture that? Is it jittering/wiggling? Spinning round like a record baby round round right round? Does it lean to the side?

Judging by the stupidly small size which Epic made its vehicle maps, I think you might want to reduce the zoom amount.
                        Mousewheel already zooms a little bit. Altfire zooms by a lot. And it helps; the thing is 99% accurate on the first shot.

I can't wait till these things are in mutator form, though, that will make things much easier.
                        Farseer made an excellent vehicle set mutator that is currently in closed beta. It should support the Basilisk (as the Flak Tank is now called) right out of the box.

Comment

The "twist in weird directions" I mentioned seems to occur whenever the Basilisk is withing the vehicle's length of a wall, rock, or other terrain object. It jerks back and forth about 10 degrees off center each way. It does this rapidly and doesn't stop until you release crouch. In large open spaces, it works like it's supposed to.

Comment

http://www.wegame.com/watch/GEARSCAM...isk_Flak_Tank/
                            I recorded a little bit of video of the flak tank in action if anybody's curious. It's the later half of the video.

Comment

i have tested this tank out and i think it is getting along well for it being in the alpha stage.

Here are some pictures i have taken while in-game:

When a Mortar shot hit the ground in front of me:

Picture of the tank itself:

When Mortar shot hit the ground:

Comment

Love the new name!

I also get the glitch when it shakes while parked.

Comment

Working...
                                X