• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR-Flurry-RC1, I'm back after a long absence! [PC] [Beta] [Pics]

Name: WAR-Flurry-RC1
    Version: Release Candidate 1
    Compatibility: UT 1.3
    Description: A medium-sized Warfare map that is designed to have a lot of carnage in the center.
    Comments: After releasing beta 2 of this map many moons ago, I ended up getting sideswiped by life. But now I'm back, and I'm aiming to finish this thing off and get it submitted to the MSUC.
    Credits: The readme thanks a bunch of people, but I forgot to add someone important (and I will rectify this in the next version(s)): Remus, for his awesome Solar System textures for the half-globe mesh.
    Screenshots:

Download Here (PC) (Filefront)

A PS3 release will be made once I've got this tested somewhat more completely. Meanwhile, please break this as best you can. I'm positive I've missed bugs (beyond just the bots behaving stupidly at times), and probably old issues.

I forgot to add: The minimap image is not final, and I'm trying to figure out how to get a decent one made.

Comment

We have been playing this map for a loooong time now and its nice to see that you are working on it again. Its a beautiful map and I have been hosting on our pc servers. Downloading now and updating our servers with the newer version.Thanks Gonk!!!

Comment

Well, thanks for this new version, beta 2 is nice i go try this one ;=)

Comment

The new decoration is looking great - I like the Liandri airship a lot. All the bright bloom-y lights could maybe be toned down a bit (or cast much brighter light with a high falloff exponent so the strong bloom looks more natural), but otherwise it's looking very nice.

I like the steam jump pads a lot as well, although they need a more fitting sound effect. In SteamTemple I made a high-pitched version of the sound played when you use the giant fan to launch yourself on Gateway, so maybe you could try something like that.

The jump pads at the base ends of each bridge were giving some nasty fall damage, so that could use some tweaking. I didn't actually try these on hoverboards, but maybe you could experiment with putting vehicle boost pads on the steam vents too so they launch you a little bit? It's just a thought - it might just be annoying in practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Setheran View Post
            The new decoration is looking great - I like the Liandri airship a lot. All the bright bloom-y lights could maybe be toned down a bit (or cast much brighter light with a high falloff exponent so the strong bloom looks more natural), but otherwise it's looking very nice.

I like the steam jump pads a lot as well, although they need a more fitting sound effect. In SteamTemple I made a high-pitched version of the sound played when you use the giant fan to launch yourself on Gateway, so maybe you could try something like that.

The jump pads at the base ends of each bridge were giving some nasty fall damage, so that could use some tweaking. I didn't actually try these on hoverboards, but maybe you could experiment with putting vehicle boost pads on the steam vents too so they launch you a little bit? It's just a thought - it might just be annoying in practice.
            Yeah, I had tried using vehicle boost pads for those, though it ended up not helping much, but it's something I'm willing to try again.

Also, SteamTemple was actually the inspiration for the steam jump pads, so thanks for the idea. I'll definitely look into the activation sound per your suggestion, it's been bugging me too. Also, yeah I need to tone the bloom down/change it. I keep forgetting.

Thanks for the suggestions; there's definitely a lot of details like that which I'll be working on, and any suggestion/criticism is good.

Comment

Ah, i really liked this map when it was beta1, downloading right now

Comment

A quick update: I've added some vehicle-boost pads to the base jump pads so that you can use them on your hoverboard (but not with the other vehicles).

I've also worked on a bit more detail, and some performance stuff. Also, the super bloom has been reduced to a reasonable level. So I'm still working on things.

Comment

I'm including your map in the map list for the Valentine's Day Massacre coming up this Friday. Clicky here for details: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=657545

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                    I'm including your map in the map list for the Valentine's Day Massacre coming up this Friday. Clicky here for details: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=657545
                    Cool. If any issues pop up while you guys are playing, let me know.

Comment

looks nice
                      downloading now

Comment

A few more changes that I've thrown in:

- I'm contemplating removing the Hellbender spawns from the Prime Nodes, because I think it evens out the map a bit. I've played quite a few games against Masterful bots and they generally seem to handle attacking the Prime Node from the base better. Right now it just seems too difficult for the defense to take back the Prime Node with any consistency, especially if the offense is using the SPMA to aid in covering the Prime Node.

I'll probably keep the extra Vipers the Prime Nodes get in the Necris version, although I might reduce it to just one extra.

- I've tweaked the post-process stuff to hopefully improve visibility.

- A bit more detail work (snow drifts in spots, etc.).

- Cleaned up construction of certain things a bit (less random snags when moving, hopefully).

- Some lighting work around the nodes.

So yeah, still working on it.

Comment

Well, very good works since beta2.
                          Details is better, thanks for a necris version. ^^
                          Very nice map gg

Comment

AWESOME!!!
                            i just had a test run, and this map rocks!!!
                            its definitly a top notch WAR map!!!
                            btw: i love the steam-jump-pads!

Comment

*bump*

any news on a Final version?

i'm really liking this map!

Comment

Working...
                              X