• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow my Seb, lots of visuals enhancements there

Will try the new beta this w-e.

Happy to see you continue working on it & to see you around here

Comment

Is it just me or has the map changed a lot visually as Stevelois mentioned. Anyway, i am going to try to give feedback with out pictures. Let me know if you need a picture to explain better.

1. While I like the "little rocks on the floor" detail, it looks like there is way too many, especially by the flak. It looks like the ceiling should have big holes in it.

2. On the second floor, there is a jump pad that leads to an area where there are 6 health vials. The vertical support meshes "grab" the player. Since there isn't a lot of room to walk on, these shouldn't block the player.

3. I really don't like placing ammo/weapons/pickups on raised platform like boxes. The bots usually don't pickup them up (or pickup them up well).

4. In the long hallways with the shield belt, there are 2 sets of 25 health pairs. Visually, it looks like there is too much health in one area. Also, after grabbing the shield belt, it's fairly easy to get an additional 50 health points.

Overall, the map is look very nice and playing well. I know you wanted to go with a more "realistic" feel and you have done that while still keeping it fun to play. Good luck finishing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post

1. While I like the "little rocks on the floor" detail, it looks like there is way too many, especially by the flak. It looks like the ceiling should have big holes in it.
        +1 to that.....i forgot to mention it

and they dont look right as they dont cast any kind of shadows(or it s my settings)

Comment

Thx to all of you guys for that quick feedbacks

****, I love this little rocks all arround, it's make the place more dirty...
          Maybe if I reduce a bit there size, and make it cast shadows...

I will check all your ideas this WE, bye

Comment

Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
            ****, I love this little rocks all arround, it's make the place more dirty...
            Maybe if I reduce a bit there size, and make it cast shadows...
            It does make the place more dirty, which is a good thing. But it looks like there was a small earthquake with some many rocks over the floor!

Comment

....But it looks like there was a small earthquake with some many rocks over the floor!
              lol

Comment

I try the B4 but before posting, I read cousin Blitz, Odedge & Tipper comments & I agreed with there observations. I was to comments on that but since they pointed all those things out, I have less blablabla to write lol

Quickly ;

- There is to much medium health (I'm thinking those you place 2 of them side by side). In that corridor, you collect 100 armor + 100 health + goodies. It's to much for only 1 side of the map.

[screenshot]http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2615/screenshot00001m.jpg[/screenshot]

- I'm not comfortable of jumping here & there to collect basic things like ammos or health on crates. TBH, it rune the gameplay for me. It's ok for armors or powerups to be place on more exposed spots but not for essentials actors like weapon base, ammos, 25 health.

You need to balance things out. The impression that this B4 leave is me is like you build it for 20 players, which is not the case. You have more health in this map that I put in Nano which is twice bigger. There is simply to many actors & since they all spread out in big quantity, they don't encourage players to work to grab them. In fact, bots are using almost the same section of the map instead of cover all the map.

That ammo is to close to the wall, not good for flow.

[screenshot]http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6382/screenshot00002d.jpg[/screenshot]

That cable in the center of the map is in the way & with collision on.

[screenshot]http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6070/screenshot00003.jpg[/screenshot]

You need to put BV on top of the map because you don't want me to see this (only by double jump with jump mutator).

[screenshot]http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7751/screenshot00003m.jpg[/screenshot]

Another example of something I'm not supposed to see. It's above a medium health in the corner of the map. Notice the sky dome is to high, you can lower it a bit.

[screenshot]http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/9195/screenshot00000d.jpg[/screenshot]

- Don't bother with the rocks casting shadows on the floor, that asset don't cast shadows even if you enable casting shadows. I know that because I use them a lot in Nano & Aly & they don't cast shadows at all. But indeed, making them smaller will look better.

- I'm not comfortable with the tight corridor that lead you to the keg because :

1) You collide with the metallic support on each side which is annoying.
                2) Once you collect the keg you have only 1 escape route. Not that I don't like it but it's rather the fact that your being teleport to leave the place, how come ??? There is nothing to warn the player that this quiet water spot is a teleporter & it feel rather weird anyway to just appear in the center of the map "like that".
                3) The vials are overkill.

- The light cone in the center of the map are to long imo. Reducing them by ±25% will fit better.

- There is light source that doesn't fit at all with the emitting light. I mean that you put some yellowish lamps with redish light ? It doesn't look right. Not that I don't like it but it just don't look plausible. I suggest you duplicate that lamp & make the light corresponding with the emitting light.

- Some material are looking washed out. Specially the wood & the bricks. You can enhance there look by much if you spend a bit of time on them.

In all, you did well cousin Seb Visually it's very solid. Your meshing is well done & the atmosphere is top notch. TBH, at this moment is not a keeper for me since you can push it much further if you spend more time on working on the materials & balance the armors/health aspects & put the ammos on the floor.

Keep up the good work cousin

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                  You need to balance things out. The impression that this B4 leave is me is like you build it for 20 players, which is not the case
                  You see right Steve as usual
                  It's true I use to play against 20-25 bots (because I love spread blood), but I know the size map is for less fighters, with a regular play (not sure to be clear lol), so it's a constable defaut in my maps, to put too much health and stuffs...But by chance, you are there to put me on the right way again

I go to bed, so I will comment your others comments (lol) later....
                  but THX a lot for this test and comments, it's exactly what I need !

Still lots of work on it, but I'm not in a rush

Thx my cousin

Comment

LOL

20-25 players on that small level, wow, your insane my dear cousin LOL Remember me to NEVER play with you online LOL

My *** will end up on the moon !

Happy I can help my Seb. But afaik, for the casuals gamers like your Canadian cousin as I am, this level fit's 8 players at most, maybe 10. 4 vs 4 in TDM is **** fun

I forgot to mention you made a great job about the music & ambient sounds

Good night if your reading this before going dodo or good day if your reading this with your pyjama on you lol

Comment

Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
                      Still lots of work on it, but I'm not in a rush
                      Why does this comment worry me?

Comment

....+1....it smell the break......muhahahaha

Comment

Good night if your reading this before going dodo or good day if your reading this with your pyjama on you lol
                          lol

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
                          ....+1....it smell the break......muhahahaha
                          You can't blame me to not release the map and in the same time tell me "you have to change that stuffs, I'm not confortable with that ..." lol

I have work on the beta 5 the last night, rework the item placement, add BV on some place, according the lamp at the color light, rework some textures...
                          As for the corridor who lead to the mega health, it's ok, no collison now, and I work on the new escape of the mega health room

bye!

Comment

He he, veeeeeeeeeery interesting progress at the horizon

You know it can be RC1 mate since the beta phase is more than adequate

Comment

You know it can be RC1 mate since the beta phase is more than adequate
                              Yep, probably, but I'm sure you and other bro's will have again a pill of comments and modifications to do in it, so I prefer be safe and tell it "beta5" lol

Comment

A pile of comments........... na................ not from me

It's all others bros fault

Seriously Seb, you don't need to add stuff, only enhance what you already have & it's more than enough. For the few times it happen since Odedge like to call me "mister details" lol, I didn't really complain about visuals & put the emphasis on gameplay. The visuals are nice & the most of the stock material lacks details & I know it's something you can address rather quickly. I think it's other thought to.

Speaking for me, I won't add anything else I already mention unless the gameplay isn't good in whatever next release.

Comment

Working...
                                X