The RickRoller [BETA] [Dowload PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    "File is unavaible" Someone help me please!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yay thanks, i will give feedback soon!

that is great but the tape constantly loading and reloading is annoying, could you make in only make the noise when you pick it/ammo up or switch weapon to it as the noise is a real game ruin-er for me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    http://www.utzone.de/include.php?pat...contentid=7513

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I cannot download your link doesn't give a page with the download! this is going to be fun.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JD8 View Post
    Since when could the core be healed??? Always been able to heal nodes but I've never healed a core before.
    I think he meant node.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mike5641 View Post
    man this weapon owned warfare gametype lol. i heal the core and heal vehicle so fast as its like instant. awesome.
    Since when could the core be healed??? Always been able to heal nodes but I've never healed a core before.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have an idea. It would be better to make it into deployable with damage radius, like new x-ray or link generator. And sound wouldn't be that jerky.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    man this weapon owned warfare gametype lol. i heal the core and heal vehicle so fast as its like instant. awesome.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very nice indeed. Definitely a classic weapon.

I thought I'd note a few issues that I had, though. The RickRoller seems to be based on the link gun (not that there's anything wrong with that), and the reason say so is that it inherits many of the link gun's effects. For example, a green light shines when you are firing the weapon, and you get the "Shaft Master" award for 15 kills with it. Also, if you are running on low gore, your victim gets a greenish electric overlay which seems kind of unrealistic. Just my opinions. Great weapon, though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by bclagge View Post
    Oh, one other thing, and this one should be easy to fix. As someone else already mentioned, the volume for the music is adjusted with the ambient slider. So people that have their ambient turned off can't hear the rick roll. I've only worked on maps, and this is how it works for maps: Right click the sound/sound cue and a list of sound categories should appear. Select the appropriate one that will match up with the sound effects slider.
    Dude, I never actually thought of that, thanks for the great tip...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh, one other thing, and this one should be easy to fix. As someone else already mentioned, the volume for the music is adjusted with the ambient slider. So people that have their ambient turned off can't hear the rick roll. I've only worked on maps, and this is how it works for maps: Right click the sound/sound cue and a list of sound categories should appear. Select the appropriate one that will match up with the sound effects slider.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    nice i will try this...now keep it up...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This thing is a lot of fun

♬ Never gonna give ... Never gonna give... Ch ch ch chocolate rain ♬

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh yeah, the RickRoller's volume depends on what volume you have on the ambient sounds.
    So just increase the volume just some ^^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by bclagge View Post
    Yes, increase the volume some. Also, please remove the sound of the tape starting and stopping, it's kinda annoying when there's a few of these being fired.

I think the primary and alternate fires should have different functions. Make one have a longer range but lower damage, for example. Also, I don't feel this should be a weapon you have to really aim. The way it is now, you have to have your crosshair accurately over your enemy to do damage. Seems like it'd be logical to have this weapon damage anyone within a radius around the player, maybe even taper off the damage over a distance. The louder the music, the faster it kills you!

It seems you used the link alternate to base this weapon on, because the Rick Roller heals vehicles and nodes almost instantly. Certainly has an interesting dynamic on Warfare!

I know this is in the early stages, so you probably already realize this, but the Rick Roller needs a custom weapon icon and kill streak reward. Right now you get shaft master.

Nice work! Here's a couple screenies for kicks
    [screenshot]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r186/bclagge/Boombox1.jpg[/screenshot]
    (I have U Damage in this pic)
    [screenshot]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r186/bclagge/Boombox2.jpg[/screenshot]
    Well yeah, I was going for the classic damage type:

As Seen On Youtube: Here

I also wanted to have a radius damage, but I just dont want to make it too strong...

About the loudness of the fire mode, believe my, any louder it will start to sound funny for some reason, it's get a bit "scratchy"

I do want to change the icon of the weapon, but i have looked everywhere, i just cant find the string of code to specify the custom icon...

Yeah i need to disably those function aswell, as i said before, im no pro coder, im basically left to learn on my own, so it's just a matter of time ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X