• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The RickRoller [BETA] [Dowload PC]

Name:TheRickRoller

Version:BETA

Compatibility:Patch 1.3 NEEDED

Description:This was inspired by an old DOOM modification, I found the idea extremely funny and fun, so it just had to be made!

Comments:This is a SUPER WEAPON, it kills instantly, highly recomended that it should be replaced by the Redeemer, but, I included ammo for some havoc .

Due to it strength i had to make some flaws, The weapon BLOCKS a part of the Right-hand view, so it will be difficult seeing people sneek on you from the right, the ammo lasts for 30 seconds max amount of ammo is 30...
    You have to be at th right distance to kill, and it has not projectiles BUT i have made some particles that can be seen in 3rd person view to indicate when your opponant is firing the RickRoller, thus giving u a fair chance to prevent him killing u with it.

PS3 version will be released but only the ALPHA version!

Installation:
    1: Open up the .rar archive.
    2: Extract the .rar archive.
    3: Copy UTgame folder within the extracted folder.
    4: Open up MyDocuments/MyGames/Unreal Tournament 3.
    5: Now Paste the UTgame folder here.
    6: When beeing asked to overwrite click yes to all.
    (None damage will happen to your levels etc).
    7: Now fire up UT3.
    8: Click the gametype you want.
    9: Now select the map you want to play.
    10: Go under Settings and from here select Mutators.
    11: Now click the one called Weapon Replacement.
    12: Now click on the Configure button.
    13: From here you can select any weapon and replace it.
    14: Click Accept and from here u can play the map and blast your opponents to pieces with the Rickroller ^^

Screenshot:

Credits:Geodav for some hints and pointers, and a lot of replying to my dumb questions!
    miked & Malachor - for Coding tips
    MrCookie - For helping me on the texture side, to get this puppy into ALPHA and for the screenshots!
    b.birdi - With the polycount

Homepage: almost got one

Download:http://files.filefront.com/UT3+RickR.../fileinfo.html

TIP: For some people who have troubles with FILEFRONT, Disable any 3rd party downloader like Download Accelerator Plus, BitComet, ect. and try downloading with Default Downloader (like Windows Downloader)

nice weapon downloading

Comment

oh my god thx ....you are the best...i see this time are more people involved in the project

edit can you make the pics bigger

Comment

YES! *Yoink*

Comment

Assuming this weapon is what it sounds like..... awesome! This is gonna be hilarious when I put it on our server and make everyone use it later! Mwa hahahahah

Comment

ummm increase the volume of RickRoller?

screenshots

no prob hehe

Comment

Yes, increase the volume some. Also, please remove the sound of the tape starting and stopping, it's kinda annoying when there's a few of these being fired.

I think the primary and alternate fires should have different functions. Make one have a longer range but lower damage, for example. Also, I don't feel this should be a weapon you have to really aim. The way it is now, you have to have your crosshair accurately over your enemy to do damage. Seems like it'd be logical to have this weapon damage anyone within a radius around the player, maybe even taper off the damage over a distance. The louder the music, the faster it kills you!

It seems you used the link alternate to base this weapon on, because the Rick Roller heals vehicles and nodes almost instantly. Certainly has an interesting dynamic on Warfare!

I know this is in the early stages, so you probably already realize this, but the Rick Roller needs a custom weapon icon and kill streak reward. Right now you get shaft master.

Nice work! Here's a couple screenies for kicks
              [screenshot]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r186/bclagge/Boombox1.jpg[/screenshot]
              (I have U Damage in this pic)
              [screenshot]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r186/bclagge/Boombox2.jpg[/screenshot]

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                Yes, increase the volume some. Also, please remove the sound of the tape starting and stopping, it's kinda annoying when there's a few of these being fired.

I think the primary and alternate fires should have different functions. Make one have a longer range but lower damage, for example. Also, I don't feel this should be a weapon you have to really aim. The way it is now, you have to have your crosshair accurately over your enemy to do damage. Seems like it'd be logical to have this weapon damage anyone within a radius around the player, maybe even taper off the damage over a distance. The louder the music, the faster it kills you!

It seems you used the link alternate to base this weapon on, because the Rick Roller heals vehicles and nodes almost instantly. Certainly has an interesting dynamic on Warfare!

I know this is in the early stages, so you probably already realize this, but the Rick Roller needs a custom weapon icon and kill streak reward. Right now you get shaft master.

Nice work! Here's a couple screenies for kicks
                [screenshot]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r186/bclagge/Boombox1.jpg[/screenshot]
                (I have U Damage in this pic)
                [screenshot]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r186/bclagge/Boombox2.jpg[/screenshot]
                Well yeah, I was going for the classic damage type:

As Seen On Youtube: Here

I also wanted to have a radius damage, but I just dont want to make it too strong...

About the loudness of the fire mode, believe my, any louder it will start to sound funny for some reason, it's get a bit "scratchy"

I do want to change the icon of the weapon, but i have looked everywhere, i just cant find the string of code to specify the custom icon...

Yeah i need to disably those function aswell, as i said before, im no pro coder, im basically left to learn on my own, so it's just a matter of time ...

Comment

Oh yeah, the RickRoller's volume depends on what volume you have on the ambient sounds.
                  So just increase the volume just some ^^

Comment

This thing is a lot of fun

♬ Never gonna give ... Never gonna give... Ch ch ch chocolate rain ♬

Comment

nice i will try this...now keep it up...

Comment

Oh, one other thing, and this one should be easy to fix. As someone else already mentioned, the volume for the music is adjusted with the ambient slider. So people that have their ambient turned off can't hear the rick roll. I've only worked on maps, and this is how it works for maps: Right click the sound/sound cue and a list of sound categories should appear. Select the appropriate one that will match up with the sound effects slider.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                          Oh, one other thing, and this one should be easy to fix. As someone else already mentioned, the volume for the music is adjusted with the ambient slider. So people that have their ambient turned off can't hear the rick roll. I've only worked on maps, and this is how it works for maps: Right click the sound/sound cue and a list of sound categories should appear. Select the appropriate one that will match up with the sound effects slider.
                          Dude, I never actually thought of that, thanks for the great tip...

Comment

Very nice indeed. Definitely a classic weapon.

I thought I'd note a few issues that I had, though. The RickRoller seems to be based on the link gun (not that there's anything wrong with that), and the reason say so is that it inherits many of the link gun's effects. For example, a green light shines when you are firing the weapon, and you get the "Shaft Master" award for 15 kills with it. Also, if you are running on low gore, your victim gets a greenish electric overlay which seems kind of unrealistic. Just my opinions. Great weapon, though.

Comment

man this weapon owned warfare gametype lol. i heal the core and heal vehicle so fast as its like instant. awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X