No announcement yet.

DM-HellsGate [beta 01]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did some quick matchs with 3 bots (4 players as suggested) & I like it very much

There isn't much to be improve IMHO. I don't know the original so I can't compare. anyway :

Music

The arrangements is awesome, it fits perfectly.

Gameplay

Simple but fast & furious

Pickups

I do like your items placement, still, why there is some rocket launcher ammo if the weapon is not there ???

Visuals

Very nice, very atmospheric. You use the Necris material very well here. It's a very good point coming from me since I don't like the majority of Necris material from the start.

Only thing that I found rather "empty" is the skeleton background, it need some polishing. I must say that the animation & audio is very well made, it's very spooky !

Maybe a thing to taking into account is the big circle lamps on the ground (where you put the hidden jump pads), I don't know, I would tend to put some sort of whatever thing coming from the ground like a distorsion material just above the lamps that shows the player it will trow him, now you only assuming while looking at them.

In all, it's a great map

Comment

Thanks for your inputs guys...
      Working (slowly) on them!

Comment

In agreement with all the praise here Gush. The skeleton is great. It reminded me of a moment in one of my favourite games, Sega's Daytona 2. There is a level set in a theme park where you drive under a huge holographic skeleton, such a great moment.
        [screenshot]http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8501/36773bb4.png[/screenshot]
        It would be really nice to link the skeleton moving and laughing to an event, like getting a kill. Either way its a great feature
        Im looking forward to the progress on this map. Yard was so awsome, so I know its gona be good.
        Crayfish.

Comment

Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
          Would be cool to have something triggered when the berserk is taken.

-Lava would be definitively fit the theme on the center whole of the map.
          I like the event when the berserk is available, subtle, but very nice (especially the flames).

I agree that the having lava below the map (even if it's subtle, placed far down from the playable area) would be a nice touch. The lighting and the fog tell me that there is something hot down there, but I can't see it.

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
          Pickups

I do like your items placement, still, why there is some rocket launcher ammo if the weapon is not there ???
          For the next map you play! I would request a rocket launcher pick up be added. What is a UT DM map with out it?

Maybe a thing to taking into account is the big circle lamps on the ground (where you put the hidden jump pads)
          These seem to be a bit out of place as they look a bit to "techy". It would be cool to have something that fit the theme better, it would have an effect going on (like stevelois mentioned) to give the player a better idea what it's for, then have some flames shoot up as the player jumps up (idea is from Sebastien's map).

A few minor suggestions....

The roofs that are on each side of the map (2 levels of them) seem like they should have some supports under them.

The upper walkways (under the same roofs) seem a bit bare. Could you place a weapon or something else there (maybe my rocket launcher )?

The texture on the rocks that surround the map seem out of place with the moss on them (considering how much "heat" is around this place).

All and all, it's a very nice map, with great atmosphere and a good layout. I am a fan of your Yard map and I am sure I will be a fan of this one, when it gets released with the rocket launcher in it?

Comment

Looks great any thoughts about converting it for the PS3? I like to run servers with Quake 2 and Quake 3 remakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
              I like the event when the berserk is available, subtle, but very nice (especially the flames).
              Really?! lol
              I need to re-check that !
              But maybe it's too "subtle" if we cannot see ingame no?!

Comment

Really?! lol
                "We"? What do you mean we... Then again, I never notice the skeleton until I read this thread.

Comment

Really?! lol
                  Really can't you see the flames on bers spawn?
                  Maybe your settings are too low...

Btw, i'm a little busy at work right now, but expect a RC soon!

Again, thanks all for the suggestions!

PS: yes, there'll be a PS3 version too as soon as it's final!

Comment

Looking forward to the final

Comment

I'd love to play this awesome map. Is is possible to fix the link?
                      I'm actually not able to download the file

greets

Comment

I second that. Please upload the map again and post a link here. (This goes for anyone that have this map, not just the author.)

Hell's Gate, I love the idea.

Comment

Be-bumpin' Shoo-woppin' Along...

Come on, this is a good map, right? Someone has to have it.

Comment

Download link seems to be broken....I'd like to try this map out!

Comment

From being the gamers' mecca to being unpredictable and unreliable. That's what happened with FileFront, almost like an April's fools joke that won't go away.

I'm asking anyone that have tried this map to repack it and upload it to some file hosting site.

Comment

Sorry guys for the lack of posts, but i was so busy lately...

Btw, it's finally done!
                                http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=684022

Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                                X