• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF - WATERMAZE (working title) BETA 0.9, PC DOWNLOAD

Name: CTF-Watermaze (working title)
    Version: 0.9
    Compatibility: no issues known
    Description: a capture the flag arena that takes place mostly underwater, with various rooms that include weapons and places to breath! there is a larger room in the centre of the level for fighting and other pickups.
    Comments: let me know if there is anything that is remotely wrong with the level be completely honest and if theres something you dont like then tell me and ill do my best to change it for the better. so far the level has very little static meshes in it so in theory it should run fairly quickly.
    Download: http://files.filefront.com/CTF+Water.../fileinfo.html
    Screenshot:

as i said above please let me know what you think of it and tell me how i can improve anything about it.

I'm not shure how the bots will react as thay seem to want to appear but thay dont. Thay are on the list but dont seem to spawn. I'm thinking its something that needs to be added instead of something that would need to be taken away as mapmixer scanned it fine.

Other than that very simple desighn which makes for low frame rates very holp like and the things needed to give an edge are in the right places to have them fought over.

Comment

i believe i have fixed the problem now and the bots should spawn normally. hopefully you guys can check this out as well just to confirm it for me.

Comment

The bots arnt handleing the ramps well and cant get into the water. I think this is going to call for a very intesting node setup.

Ah when thay like to use the translocater thay seem ok.

the midddle room just seems to hard to get to and not worth it if theres still the big drowning risk there is. most fighting will happen out in the halls on the way to the flag rooms.

Comment

do you think the level would work better as a deathmatch level then?

Comment

I don't know if the extreme low detail is on purpose, but it looks like a UT99 level. There are ways to make a level low poly and perform well while adding enough detail so that it's pleasing to look at as well. Kazimira mentioned HOLP which would be good levels to look at that achieve a good balance of low poly and good looks. Trim solves 90% of that problem.

Comment

i have started putting in more aesthetic details now the reason i had it so bare to start with was so that i could see how the level would play out gameplay wise before making it look good.

Comment

As I said make the middle area more desirable to be in.

Teleporters or something to draw people into a place thats worth the risk of drowning.

Comment

well here is a link to a newer version that i have started putting more aesthetics in as well as the teleporters.
                  http://files.filefront.com/CTF+Water.../fileinfo.html

Comment

OK the new decoration is nice but still no teleporters or anything that would alow for powerups to last till the flag room. I think thats whats needed to balance the map.

Comment

i thought i had put teleporters in the main room theyre either side of the udamage

Comment

new download this should be near enough complete even with the teleporters in the middle of the map.

Comment

Working...
                        X