• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assault Carbine Beta 1

Updated to Beta 3, click here.

If u have small skin... i download... the weapon is too high :S

Comment

When you think it will be properly textured?

Comment

And yeah I sort of agree with Alien...seems a little big.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgfyre View Post
          When you think it will be properly textured?
          Not sure, that's not really a priority versus making everything work properly so it might be a while.

Originally posted by Morgfyre View Post
          And yeah I sort of agree with Alien...seems a little big.
          It was vaguely scaled based on the hands, though it looks like it could go down a little more. Not alot though.
          It is a full carbine with a UGL though, it should be quite big. Losing the scope might help.

Comment

Fiddled with it, my thoughts:

* Needs custom firing noise.

* You are still using the enforcer-bullet animations, which dont make much sense for an assault rifle. The enforcer has dodgey aim after the first shot, so you dont see perfect bullet streams when shooting. Assault rifles are acurate, doesn't make sense to see stray bullets going at odd angles the same way you would see with the enforcer.

* Did not test the accuracy, but is every shot the same as the first enforcer shot? If so the accuracy is 100%, which is a little overpowered with its rate of fire.

* Also, the rate of fire is fairly bland - feels a little faster than shock primary but a little slower than link primary. I never played 2k4 so I dont know the feel of the assault rifle there. Ever consider making it so each shot fires small bursts of rounds, but at a slower rate than how its working currently? If the rate of fire is tweaked I'd recommend adding headshots.

* Sniper/Shock crosshairs would be better for a hitscan weapon. Dont see the point of the scope if you dont add a zoom function. Also, a zoom function would be sort of overpowered with the weapons current rate of fire/accuracy. Dont know if you are going for playability/stability though.

* The 2ndary mode is kind of weak. You need to make it so the grenade is launched like a real launcher, not popped out like a rocket launcher. That includes changing the color/size of the grenade, changing its velocity, positioning (so its straight), and speed. Tubes are generally launched FAST. They aren't farted out.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks for the input, some of that I've already done for the next release (e.g. grenade flight, have a look at the bottom of the first post for others) or am in the process of altering (e.g. firing sound). I hadn't noticed the crosshairs as I play with simple ones instead of weapon specific so I'll have a look at that too.

The scope was there originally as I was going to make a different weapon mods mod using this model (1 would be the rifle, 2 would be the rifle using the scope, 3 would be the UGL) but have gone with a standard weapon instead.

Beta 2 is here

Comment

Working...
              X