Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

VCTF-Chasm_v02 [Beta v02] [Pics] [DL]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-Chasm_v02 [Beta v02] [Pics] [DL]

Name: VCTF-Chasm_v02
    Version: Beta v02
    Compatibility: PC UT3 Patch 1.3
    Description: An icy standoff for control of the bridges through this mountain pass.
    Comments: This was my first map ever. Updated to improve performance and bot pathing.
    Screenshot:

Credits: Thanks to the countless people who have made tutorials for unreal ed and epic for making an awesome game!
    Download:http://files.filefront.com/VCTF+Chas.../fileinfo.html

Looks sick! Gonna download/test then comment.

Comment

PS: Arsedestroyer?

Comment

Okay, spent an hour or so looking over map. KUDOS! GREAT MAP! Way better than anything I could ever do. Its playable and I think with some tweaks it could be a staple, right up there with skyscraper, anarchy, offtherails, traincrossing, etc.

General Fixes/Suggestions:

* Get rid of spider mines. In my opinion they have no place in this map. Does Kargo (which I noticed your bases have alot in common with) have mines? No. And for a very good reason = they simply would be too strong in culmination with shock camping. I can see you put some effort and thought into base design. Do you really want that ruined by clogging flag rooms with mines? I say no. This map deserves better.

* Not sure if its intentional but in sniper tower I could crouch out, falling onto camo. Very neat design trick if that was intended. Excellent risk/reward. I really think you should keep that.

* I know you did not put them in and probably have your reasons but there are no weapon racks. This can be a problem in larger games if your weapon placement does not flow. Flow is a subjective term, but coming from one of the most active VCTF players you will have to trust me. I suggest you put racks consisting of link/flak. Put ammo where the pickups were previously placed. Let the player work for rox/shock/snip/sting!

* Add an enforcer weapon factory.

Pics!

Hope this helps. Sorry if the pics are a little humungous!

Comment

Thanks that's really helpful. Its things like that that are impossible to find when playing your own map but can really kill gameplay. Also this was a difficult map to block in but I probably got lazy and overly constrictive with the blocking volumes (for manta especially).

Comment

Was thinking about some of the aesthetics...

A snowy moon in the sky would look and work really well with the map. ++ Cool points (because the water isn't really natural looking, that could be explained away by it being a non-earth local)

Some of the lit snow near the ice (where the rocket packs are) doesn't look quite right. I have my settings low at the moment settings of 2-3...Its like its TOO bright, almost glowing.

Anyway GL hope this map is ready for full release soon, the VCTF community needs it.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgfyre View Post

Some of the lit snow near the ice (where the rocket packs are) doesn't look quite right. I have my settings low at the moment settings of 2-3...Its like its TOO bright, almost glowing.
              I know what you mean. There's something about that snow material that even without PP and zero bloom it still has that blinding glowing effect... Not sure what to do about that; different snow type i suppose?

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't know how to fix something like that. I thought it would be the lighting thats the problem, not the terrain layer. I'm a noob mapper.

Plugh is making a snow/ice themed map at the moment, he might be able to help.

Comment

Originally posted by schiZm22 View Post
                  I know what you mean. There's something about that snow material that even without PP and zero bloom it still has that blinding glowing effect... Not sure what to do about that; different snow type i suppose?
                  The material that you used probably has a lot of specular on it, so it glares. Thats one possibility, a fix could to duplicate the in game material to your own map package, then change the material in the material editor and lower the specular on it then make the terrain layer out of the material. I haven't played with terrains in a while but I'm sure that would work.;

Comment

OK I finally got time to review this map, Muffin said he liked it so I took a look at it and Thought it was a good map, there were a few things though.

I overall like this map. I think with some tweaks it will be a fun map to play in pubs.

Comment

This is one of the maps I have my eye on. How's it coming along? Haven't seen a post in a little while. Just checking in!

Comment

Sorry I haven't posted in a while been busy with finals and other stuff. But I'm back to work on this. Should have the new version done in a couple days.

Comment

I really wanted to test this, but the link is bringing me to the Filefront home-page...
                          Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. The file was randomly deleted somehow... The link should be fixed now.

Comment

btw Oldskool concerning the camo, you're supposed to fall down from the top of the sniper tower on to the camo during a flag run. At least thats my understanding of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X