• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bunny Trails (BT) BunnyTrack-remake for UT3

Name: Bunny Trails
    Version: latest
    Compatibility: UT3 patch 2.0
    Description: Bunny Trails is a UT3 team game type in which the goal is to go through a series of obstacles and reach a hard-to-get place faster than the other team does.
    Comments:You need a Bunny Trails map to play this mod. First map BT-4-FiveRoom is made by chri882 and released today.
    Credits: go to mappers chri882, Drummer.unr and to all the testers!
    Homepage: http://tamtemple.com/bt/
    Download: http://tamtemple.com/BunnyTrailsGame.zip

The original game type called Bunny Track has a great legacy in ut99 community, this website, for example hosts 1059 (at the moment of writing) BT maps. They won't work in ut3, but they are our constant source of inspiration.

History of the original Bunny Track for ut99: http://www.bunnytrack.org/node/4

If anyone wants to cook this gametype for PS3 please do so.

Screenshots:

This is from the map Slimy by Drummer.unr, it shows an obstacle that I call a well: typically you jump into it and using air control you have to avoid bars and land into a waterbucket in the bottom.

If still alive, you just move on. Once you get the skill, it becomes easy, you'll be passing all obstacles fast without even thinking. In the beginning it might even seem impossible and will require some practice, but it is fun, especially when playing with your friends.

There are more screenshots of corresponding maps on their own pages:

Very hard but a fun challenge! (you can play it on tamtemple.com DM server!)

I tried to install it offline but the readme file does not say where to put the "Source" folder. ?:|

Comment

Source folder is only for development, not needed for playing. I'll update the readme file for next version.

Comment

Come to my server to test this game mod without installing. Look up tamtemple.com in Vehicle CTF server list, or in console (f10) type:
        open 74.63.66.173:7777

Another server in London:
        open 85.236.100.232:8077

Have fun!

Comment

BT map making tutorial is now available:
          http://tamtemple.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1&p=1

Comment

sweet thx
            not pll neat too play this game type

Comment

will you be able to release this for ps3 or is there some issue? i love bt and i would love to be able to play this on ut3 .....

Comment

A new map (third so far) is now being tested on my server: Slimy_BETA by Drummer.unr
                open 74.63.66.163:7777
                or look up tamtemple.com server in in-game VCTF server list

The mod is now at version 20090221 - added in-game spectating ability of any other player (no matter what team). It is done using default weapon called "communicator" (you get it from the start): primary fire to spectate, secondary fire to come back to own view.

To Death_Angel: i can't see why not. Both BT Maps that have been released so far come uncooked, so I guess they can be used on ps3 (am i right?). And the gametype itself comes with sources, so it should be possible to build it on ps3. I dunno how it works though: my ps3 is covered with a thick layer of dust...

Comment

maybe a little more information, screens, and extra could get your mod a little attention

-EJon

Comment

Originally posted by EpicJon View Post
                    maybe a little more information, screens, and extra could get your mod a little attention

-EJon
                    Thanks for advice. Adding info to the first post...

Comment

Originally posted by arDru View Post
                      A new map (third so far) is now being tested on my server: Slimy_BETA by Drummer.unr
                      open 74.63.66.163:7777
                      or look up tamtemple.com server in in-game VCTF server list

The mod is now at version 20090221 - added in-game spectating ability of any other player (no matter what team). It is done using default weapon called "communicator" (you get it from the start): primary fire to spectate, secondary fire to come back to own view.

To Death_Angel: i can't see why not. Both BT Maps that have been released so far come uncooked, so I guess they can be used on ps3 (am i right?). And the gametype itself comes with sources, so it should be possible to build it on ps3. I dunno how it works though: my ps3 is covered with a thick layer of dust...
                      ok thanks for the heads up can't wait to play it as i love to play bt and i still play it on ut99
                      just hope it works

Comment

Some news:
                        -BT-5-Slimy has been released since a little time ago, By Drummer.Unr
                        -BT-6-PlanetRaiders has been released By Drummer.Unr a little time ago too...
                        -BT-II-Dual is currently in construction By Myself, Part of the map is on BT server...

Comment

BT Mod..

Hi,

I tested the mod and i found some details you might wanna correct or think about.

In the old BT mod you had an instagib rifle, this is because you can make obstacles wich need a player to aim on a trigger to activate something(open a door, raise a elevator). Only think about anti boost (ghost-mode) then too and the crosshair (old mod you could put boost on/off).

And i was used to see the time in my hud, so i can see if my time was good or it was time to suicide and try it again.
                          Last but not least, where are the bunny-icons

I think Bunnytrack will get very popular again, we only need more mappers and maybe servers to host this mod on. I will make maps again ofcourse, i only need to work on my unrealed(3) skills.

Greetz,
                          Cypress

Comment

Originally posted by cypress View Post
                            In the old BT mod you had an instagib rifle
                            Well, mappers can equip players with an Instagib Rifle with an EquipTriggerVolume. So, that stuff is taken care of allready.

Comment

BT-Mod.

Hi,

[Instagib] Yeah sry, i was too soon.. i found it in the editor
                              [Ghostmode] I miss ghostmode. You don't want a noob to bump into you when you have a flawless run.
                              [Scores] Players wanna see there name in de hi-scores (maybe a stopwatch in the HUD too)

Greetz,
                              Cypress (aka BT-Cypresshill)

p.s.: Have fun playing / mapping..

b.t.w.: Qoute: "UT3 does support dodging up ramps as in DM-Rankin. To enable this, either use a mutator to change UTPawn SlopeBoostFriction to 0.0, or to make a specific ramp work like this in any map, set a physicalmaterial for the ramp whose friction is less than 0.2."

Comment

Working...
                              X