Clear All

dm-ariza2k8

NAME: DM-ARIZA2K8
    GAMETYPE: -DM
    VERSION:BETA2
    COMPATABILITY:UT3 2.0 and titan pack
    PLAYERS: 4-8 SUGGESTED

DESCRIPTION:THIS IS A REMAKE OF DM-ARIZA FROM THE ORIGINAL UNREAL BOTMATCH,

COMMENTS:i made this map because in the 10 years since unreal 1 i think ive seen maybe 1 good remake,,,,i have used a few textures from unreal 1 for some of the walls and my water material....the water textures are a bit grainy but i felt i needed to keep the water as original as posible, i thought the water in unreal was beautiful for the time, so i had to keep it like that!.also the music is from unreal 1

if anyone finds more bugs let me know ...im sure there will be few

credits :epic ,me,Hourences for his skydome, and every one on this forum , some of you are very knowledable and helpfull

download: http://www.filefront.com/14417709/dm-ariza2k8_beta2.rar
    screens:

Ahhh, I do like the Unreal maps (both the standard maps and the ones from the bonus pack). A few things I noticed after a quick look around:
    • You really didn't need to include uncompressed screenshots with the map. Putting screenshots in there is ok, but please use JPG compression on them, which will save lot of bandwidth.
    • The grass is floating in many places where the water meets the cliffs.
    • You're right about the antigravity - it's far too strong. Perhaps you should consider doing away with it and using something else instead, like jump pads.
    • It's a bit dark outside although the ambient brightness is quite high, making a lot of the rocky parts look very flat.
    • Please don't force the music to be on all the time! There's a tutorial around somewhere on how to do music properly, but I'm afraid I don't have a link to it.

Comment

thanx for your comments mr evil, i have no idea why i put the screen shots in with the .zip file but i assure you all bugz will be fixed eventually , and the next release will not have screens in the zip,however i am currenttly working on my first character at the moment so i will be returning to the map when i finish

Comment

OK... first let me thank you for making this. ive been requesting this map since the day i bought UT3, and this just looks fantastic. you are a master of your craft.

second: some suggestions

the fan tunnel isnt low gravity, it seems to be just negative gravity towards the fan, it literally sucks you in. make it so its just lower gravity so you float slowly.

........SPEAKING OF THE FAN ROOM, the original had dispersion pistol powerups on each space, some enforcer clips couldnt hurt

The colors should be slightly lighter. dont totally revamp tho, i realize its 2k8 so it shouldnt be a complete copy. i accually kinda like how the sky shows the whole sunset idea because the original was like sunny

cut out the music, or atleast make it so if i turn off my music it goes off.

put an enforcer + enforcer ammo on the end of the bridge where the flak cannon is to stay true to the original and to slow flak spamming.

put another stinger where the link gun is and put the link gun in the razorjack spot where the rocket launcher is...slow down the rocket spamming

just a tiny detail... put the jump boots on the ledge, where they were in the original, not halfway on the walkway.

other than those details, this map is amazing. THANK YOU again

Comment

Thanks for your comments rukkus , i feel bad that you have been requesting this map for so long, because i finished it about 6 months ago,,,,i was just too lazy to post it....lol

Comment

thx sic
            .... D/L cant wait to try that classic

edit:really a fun map thx for ur work

Comment

!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lowenz View Post
                !!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

are those last 3 posts a good thing???? lol

Comment

Yes, maybe we are too nostalgic (Unreal still remains my favourite game after 10 years, MAGIC atmosphere)

About the map:
                      *it makes crash my UT3 1.3 !
                      *Maybe you can use Original Unreal Style Sky ( http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=607764 )for this map, i think it's imperative!

Comment

lowenz.....i think ur right about the sky! as it is now i wanted it too look like a sunset casting rays over the level not down into it.......thats why the level is kinda dark.......and i think changing the sky dome to original unreal style wiil work a bit better with the lighting i have in the map.thanx for the suggestion!

Comment

Anyone know where I can download DM-ARIZA2K8? File Front is no more so the link does not work. Thanks to all who can help!!! Love the Ariza map!! See quote from FILE FRONT below:

We are suspending FileFront site operations indefinitely on March 30.

Dear FileFront User:

We regret to inform you that due to the current economic conditions we are forced to indefinitely suspend the FileFront site operations on March 30, 2009. If you have uploaded files, images or posted blogs, or if you would like to download some of your favorite files, please take this opportunity to download them before March 30th when the site will be suspended.

We would like to give a warm thank you to all of you who have been part of the FileFront communities we have built together. Your support has had a meaningful impact for all of us here at FileFront. Again, we want to give you a sincere “thank you” for your support over the years and wish you all the very best.

Keep gaming alive,
                          FileFront Management and Team.

Comment

hey angry jonnie thanx for letting me know about the broken link, i have been very busy latly, but as soon as i get some free time i will look for a new place to upload the map

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help!! Let me (us) know where we can D/L that map!! I was playing Ariza on the original UNREAL years ago!! Thanks again!! AJ!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X