DM-Glacial Release Candidate 1 [Screenshots of RC1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thx! Hopefully I can finish it before May. The workload of the lighting part could be really heavy since I had to bake fake AO for all of the meshes and then build lighting in UED.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I didn't play the release yet (#27) but I wanted to say that the new pics is looking great

With the lighting done in the following months, it's gonna be another keeper for sure

And your welcome for the Enforcer

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Version 27 is available, check the first post for more info.
    The basic visual setting is done. So now you know what this map is going to look like. The textures need further tuning and the UV as well. I will go on to do it after Chinese new year holidays which means no new version until next month.
    There is no lighting in this version as I was focusing on the texture stuff and when it's done, I will prepare the 2nd UV sets for the lightmaps of the meshes.
    And thanks to stevelois for the enforcer idea!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    more screenshots for version 27:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks interesting.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Indeed, the previous version had more decos / materials (more busy visually) than this one. But when I say I like both, my post was in regard of the layout, movements, gameplay & flow.

It's true that this version provide much more possible move than the previous & your well place to affirm that since it's your baby's lol I don't doubt 1 sec that it will be even more visually pleasing when you start to work on the visuals. I see that everything is better comparing against the previous one that is now lost but I just wanted to mention that both version are well made & are completely different even if you where stuck with the other one. You have great talent sir

My play test was only in regard of gameplay & nothing more since it's what you ask. For the Enforcer, look at my homepage, I have a tut for that, it's a piece of cake to do.

As your 2 previous, I'm sure I will keep the final

Glad to help dude.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would say this one is better than the old version. Especially the belt room. And the scale of rooms is also improved IMO. At this point, you may feel the old one was also nice coz it had the somewhat complete visual stuff, but hopefully when this one get decorated you will see the difference;p
    I will try the enforcer, maybe replace the stinger in the vest room.
    Only for the sniper, we have 2 ammos nearby. There are no other weapons having more than 1 ammo nearby. Some of them even don't have one. I guess yes you are right on this point. I will test to find out how to deal with it.
    The collision stuff, just like what I did for PT4, is mostly going to be modelled in 3dsmax as UCX, which means only a few blocking volumes, and that's why I will do it later when the visual part is solid.
    My pleasure that you really like the old one. I personally couldn't work through in that direction, in which I created visual modules like lego to piece together the whole level, and that turned out to be boring. But this one, I gonna make many broken stuff, and more colorful atmosphere, so I will like it;p
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The map as change so much since my previous beta test, I barely recognize it. Still this layout is also awesome

Only thing I don't like is the double stinger, which 1 on them could be replace with the Enforcer.

Ammos could be better placed a part & also have a bit more. Maybe only 1 or 2 ammos more of each weapon would be sufficient because the action is to much concentrate close to weapon base atm & it will also bring more interesting fights.

There is plenty of collisions issues & flickering mesh in a lot of places but I presume it will be fix since you mention your aware of those.

I wanted to say that your previous release was also awesome & a complete makeover wasn't necessary imho. I do love both versions & having the choice to pick only 1 or another or both, I'll choose both for sure.

Anyway, awesome layout & a good pickup start. I also like those soft colors & I hope it will fallow even with more busy visuals

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
    great new you still work on this Chonglee

Those improvements on the layout/movements looks really cool !

I will test it for sure, but what kind of feedbacks you looking for?
    Thx! Just focus on the weapons and items placement, the layout or floorplan, and anything else you feel can improve the gameplay, except the collision bugs.
    Of course ideas on visual elements (not bugs) are also welcome.

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
    Reading the changes, it's a completely different maps.

I can see you made a lot of paths that are very cool for wall jump & such. While this is great for more experienced players, I'm not able to move that way. I do understand how it work but every time I tried to do that, it doesn't work.

Anyway, I just hope that the new layout will also be as nice as the first & will be as medium-level-player friendly.

Gameplay sound great nevertheless

Indeed, which aspect you expect feedback at this stage ?
    Don't worry, those tricky jumps are bonus or alternative paths. They don't have to be used, and trust me the basic routes are user friendly since they didn't change a lot.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Reading the changes, it's a completely different maps.

I can see you made a lot of paths that are very cool for wall jump & such. While this is great for more experienced players, I'm not able to move that way. I do understand how it work but every time I tried to do that, it doesn't work.

Anyway, I just hope that the new layout will also be as nice as the first & will be as medium-level-player friendly.

Gameplay sound great nevertheless

Indeed, which aspect you expect feedback at this stage ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    great new you still work on this Chonglee

Those improvements on the layout/movements looks really cool !

I will test it for sure, but what kind of feedbacks you looking for?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The new version is up,
    DL:
    http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/404348/My...Glacial-24.zip

Changes in the latest version:
    - A lot of layout modifications which I don't bother to list them here
    - Visually reset. So it's going to be Roman + Gothic, and have lots of broken stuff like pillars or walls (not that much to make it a over decorated map) which of course inspired by Painkiller. And still keep the neat HOLP style
    - Remade the whole map with 3dsmax so no BSP
    - Changed item placement

Some of the jumps I'd like to show you,

Leave a comment:

• replied
    for a long time, a new map coming, just wait here for kill some bot, it is good map.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's a good news then

But I must say your maybe to severe on yourself because all mappers here like it very much even if it was not as good as you wanted to be or see the map in the first place.

But since you tell us your gonna work on it & finish it, it make me happy

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you guys! The thing is I can't put up with the visual of this map. The ways of how I made it are not cool anymore. They were nice but I get better idea now so I have to try.
    I am already doing it. I know a way to use AO effects which I think is very worth trying, and for that I will re-model the whole map in 3dsMax and unwrap the UV for it.
    I am going to finish this one. It's supposed to be done a few years ago.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X