DM-Glacial Release Candidate 1 [Screenshots of RC1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    stevelois, you and Nova will be in the credits, as everyone else helps here. I just didn't edit the credits part in the first post. Don't worry about it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Been a long way since me & Nova as giving you feedback ages ago. Mmm... we're not even in the credits........

Pics are just WOW

So clean, stylish & atmospheric, really impressing

Will play new version soon

EDIT

Played it but I decide to post on BU. Brief, impressing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is a brilliant map... I can see all the time you have spend in this...
    Will be 100% one of my favorite maps when it's finished.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thx for explications ; if it s more "gaming" oriented it s in ze target

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes, distortion is going to be added, along with the smoke/steam efffect. About the pillars, you have a good point here but I will keep it like this for 2 reasons: a) I want the floor stay clean as gameplay-wised this is better, b) it's meant to be "stylish" than realistic. As you can see, none of the pillars is broken. I kinda prefer that;p
    The christian statues will stay, just with further improvements like normalmap and better diffuse. Right now they are only rough meshes.
    I agree some places could be darker if all we need was just visual, but bright map is always more welcome to some players. I will still try to find a better balance since it's still in beta stage (but soon enough the final is coming).
    There are some hidden moves. I am not sure if you can find out, but one thing for sure is when making the layout of a map, I test every part of the layout to see where a "tricky" move can be added, and if it's good to add it.

Thx for the comments! As for how long it has taken to make this one, years, but of course I have not just been working on this one continuously. The map was ever a UE2 project and then I remade it twice in UE3 (now this is the 2nd). That's a long story.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    simply superb!

this beta have more athmo and style than a lot of finals... the layout is monumental and all is pleasant to my eyes
    the lava effects/"corrosion"/damages on your material is nicely done, meshing & texturing are original and amazing

-do u plane to add some "distorsion" in the vision over the lava ?
    -they are two pillars in/on a large failure on the floor and as they arent damaged at all it look a little weird(more reallistic if the first was broken and leaving on the floor)
    -agree that some smoke going from the lava had look good & will help to know where u are (the map is large )
    -the white jesus gives to the map a angelic/religious side that contrasts nicely with the lava/fused ambiance... like a mix heaven/hell. i dunno what u plane to add to replace the jesus statues: a bad devil/demon or a jesus/angel...haha
    -very personnal feeling but some places can be darker to give more contrast in lighting and more power to the red reflections from lava lighting
    -the layout allow quite all kind of mooves and some special dodges & walldodges...congratz
    -the choice of the music gives a lot to the athmo

i cant imagine how many hours u have put in that (scaring) ...thx for the piece of art and the lesson of mapping.....impressive! one of my fav maps so far... keep up the lethal work

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So I bulit Fake AO textures for the scene and now it looks a little bit as something you will see in the latest UE3, but of course not as good.
    The things I gonna do:
    - Smoke and other effects for the lava
    - A better visual for the jumppad
    - A better visual for the portal
    - The jesus and the angel are place holders for the moment, they will be replaced with detailed new meshes
    - Fix the lightmap "bugs"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not many UT3 maps impress me, but this one sure does

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hehe. I really want UT3 to be updated with the latest UE3, so I can use the awesome GI instead of the fake one here. But that's not gonna happen...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    W O W

You amaze me !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Chong, this is looking aWeSoMe! I'm an unabashed HOLP style addict now and this is looking sweet with the changes. Can't wait to play the latest version!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    and

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys, here are the latest screenshots showing the work of the last two months, which is basically lighting up the map. The new map is not uploaded coz I still need to finish a couple of things but I think you may like to have a look on what I am doing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great pics !
    I guess you could leave it like that, and it still would be a hit.

Downloading..

Leave a comment:

• replied

rusty and colorful.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X