Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bfg9000 [update 3 - video]

BFG9000
    Stay tuned... The remake of BFG9000 (Big F***ing Gun) and its devastating power is comming soon!
    Prepare yourself for big f***ing plasma blasts... your enemies will be erased without any suffering!
    CLASSIC DOOM FTW!!!

WOW this is unexpected! Will the character hold it in the middle of the screen like in the original game? (from 1st person view that is)

Anyway,s I'll be looking forward to this gun

Comment

A big f*****g HELL YEAH!! from my part of the world!! Looking forward to this one.

Comment

muhahahahaha
        ....cant wait

Comment

LOL I already made something like this for Hedsteem. I call it the PPC (Particle Projection Cannon). The blast can take out an entire base.

Comment

Yay, new super weapon in the works - and one that just about nails the original BFG's chunky look, too. This could turn out well.

Comment

Will it work like classic doom, where the blast kills everything on screen, or would it work like, say a redeemer, where the blasts kills everything in a radius?

Of course, my personal favorite is the BFG2k, from Quake2, where these beams would spark out from the ball of energy and slice everybody near it, then the blast would devastate a radius.

Comment

Classic! I can't wait

This motivates me to make another doom map remake..

Comment

bfg9000

Rukifellth:
                  Yes I plan the character to hold it in the middle of the screen like in classic doom.
                  Vicious3745:
                  I would like the plasma to damage enemies when they are near to it and then the detonation will erase foes in some radius. I also speculate that the BFG will knock down the player (that is holding it) after launching the plasma. It all depends on ballance of power. I want this gun to be cruel so it needs some disadvantages too!
                  Dont know what I will be able to create because this is my first attempt with making guns... But... I will ask on UTforums for help if I am puzzled
                  Rumple:
                  PPC - in my language, this shortcut means something like "f***ing awesome" ^_^
                  sneh:
                  All of them... make all of them!!! BTW: in my language "sneh" means "snow" ^_^

Comment

Well, perhaps you could somehow rig it so that it uses Plasma gun ammo, and requires 150 Plasma ammo to use? xD that would be a fun twist.

Comment

More like the one from the DOOM movie it's the only gun they did right. But eh this looks great! Might want to add some cool power cables on the side going from the trigger to the barrel just to add that extra UT3 style to it, and it would be killer sweet if when you switched to the gun it would kinda unpack the barrel (ala the flack cannon style)

The last thing I will say is if you could get the gun to have the barrel light up and spew out some cool green smoke, as well as the end of it get red hot after firing the gun and some nice heat effects I would call it a perfect job.

Good work so fare! The original death cannon and game ending weapon of DOOM is coming back!

Comment

Classic auto death, YES!

Comment

This is just what UT3 needs. Ever since the demise of Unreal4Ever, I've been feeling some resentment over the UT series not having a big fat fusion cannon. Now everything is complete. Oh, yes.

Comment

Oh balls, here we go again.

Comment

About time someone makes a big *** gun that unleashes wrath upon any unlucky victim in the same room (or even area). The BFG isn't the biggest and baddest there is, not even close, but this is a big step forward for UT3 and its wide arsenal of boring, balanced weapons. (they do make battles more fair, but sometimes I just want to fire up UT, fill it with bots and big *** guns and just have a slaughter fest with no balance in mind)

Keep up the great work!

Comment

Working...
                              X