VCTF-Skyline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    It has been updated already in version 1.3, behind the garage aren't any paths, but will be, first things first, the meshes.

Anyway, remove that note about the matrixmoves, as i don't want this map to have anything to do with those people, these know-it-all hypocrits do not deserve a map being dedicated to their mod, therefore, jump pads and a whole lot of jumpboots where added in update 1.3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "Also something I forgot to mention, The main reason why I made this map is for Apoc Matrix Moves. It is difficult to find a decent map that goes well with it. I decided to start making a city, as there are a lot of possibilities for roof to roof action. anyway, this is also my first map, I based most of the gameplay in the map on my own experiences as a VCTF player."
    I find it's a bit of trouble getting up to the rooftops, and haven't seen any bots there either.
    Also, when you get onto the parking garages, you can then jump down and get stuck behind it. You have a very narrow gap along one side and the back of the garage, but it's too narrow to walk through.
    But really the main point is you need more ways of getting up on the rooftops and moving across them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Still working on the meshes, have run a bit out of ideas tho

Leave a comment:

• replied
    cool map t found the building look bad but tha epic fould

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Version 1.3 now avaible, added more paths and made a new minimap

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here's the server info:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    VCTF-skylinecity v 1.2 beta now on the hedsteam server, feel free to check it out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    We could probably run it on our test server. I'll let you know whatever bugs we find.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmm, would it be possible to run this map on your vctf server? i'll keep pdating skylinecitytill it's flawless (bugwise)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Beastenator View Post
    Sniper, do you happen to be the hedsteem server host?
    I am one of the admins, yes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Update !
    Version 1.2b now avaible

Sniper, do you happen to be the hedsteem server host?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, when you add a direction light, you'll need to set bCastCompositeShadow, bCastDynamicShadows, bCastShadows and bCastStaticShadows all to false on the Sky Dome.

You can leave the skylight in, just reduce the value to around .05 or less. You can play around with this number. The skylight is just for ambient light so the shadows aren't pitch black.

How's the map coming along?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Don't know what the problem was but been fidling with the light settings and it works now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Turn off "Cast Shadows" on the skydome mesh.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Reedited all of the outside playzone buildings, they should vary more now. I placed aditional health and armor pick ups and even another powerup. put all of the meshes into the VCTF_Skylinecity map so theres no additional files.

Also placed a directional light, (it really makes a diferrence) but i've bumped into some issues whe, building the lighting, When the lights have been built the directional light seems to have disappeared. I don't know the cause of this but it is quite weird...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X