Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Configurable Power Node [beta]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Configurable Power Node [beta]

Name: Configurable Power Node
    Version: beta
    Compatibility: PC, not tested on PS3 but it should work
    Description: I've opened up some of the internal variables of the power node and made them configurable in the editor. This allows a mapper much more control with how nodes work in their map.

New configurable options include:

MaxHealth, OrbInvulnerablilityRadius, OrbCaptureReturnRadius, OrbInvEffectZOffset, OrbHealPerSecond, TemporaryShieldDuration,
    NodeRotationRate, HealMulti, MaxPanelHealth

Comments: For Sos
    Screenshot: It's a powernode
    Credits: Josh "CaptainSnarf" Turpen, Epic, So's Your Face
    Homepage: http://clan-bge.com
    Download:http://clan-bge.com/Downloads/ConfigPowerNode.zip

Source is included.

Nice snarf!!!

man you just never stop do you? Ill be sure to check this out and give you some feedback

Comment

Sounds interesting. I read NodeRotationRate, the power node can't be placed like side ways by default? because i did that in a map, when i play the the map in the PIE it looks just like i placed, does it go back to normal when cooked?

Comment

A little description:

MaxHealth: The total damage the node can take before being destroyed. Default is 2000.

OrbInvulnerablilityRadius: The maximum distance you can be from the node while holding the orb and still have the orb shield the node. Default is 1000

OrbCaptureReturnRadius: The radius of the cylinder/hit box needed to be inside of in order to capture a node. Default is 500

OrbInvEffectZOffset: Offset for the flag link effect. Default is 16

OrbHealPerSecond: when the node becomes invulnerable due to a nearby friendly orb, it is also healed this amount per second. Default is 100

TemporaryShieldDuration: How long the 'temporary shield' stays up. Default is 12 seconds.

NodeRotationRate: How fast the node animation rotates.

HealMulti: If > 0, Link Gun secondary heals an amount equal to its damage times this. Default is 1.0

MaxPanelHealth: a panel may be blown off every time this much health is lost. Default is 60. If modifying MaxHealth, MaxPanelHealth should be modified accordingly since the animations won't look good otherwise.

Comment

You're the best Snarf! I can't thank you enough for this! And I'm also amazed at how quickly you put this together. We had just talked about this last night before I went to bed. Great job! I'll get these put in Maelstrom in a couple days (after new years and all) and we'll get these bad boys tested out.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainSnarf View Post
            Name: Configurable Power Node
            Version: beta
            Compatibility: PC, not tested on PS3 but it should work
            Source is included.
            nope doesn't work on the PS3. I tried and failed to make into a mutator for the PS3 as well. There should be some way to use the following, the nodes are actors afterall. I get type mismatch errors when I try....

Code:
            class Powernode extends UTMutator;

function bool CheckReplacement(Actor Other)
            (????
            )

Comment

It works for me on PS3

http://files.filefront.com/WAR+TESTS.../fileinfo.html

One node is a regular node, the other node is a configpowernode with the health set to 1/4, rotation speed turned up, and orb shield radius turned up.

I didn't try it as a mutator or anything. I just add these nodes to my map instead of regular power nodes.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainSnarf View Post
                It works for me on PS3
                I didn't try it as a mutator or anything. I just add these nodes to my map instead of regular power nodes.
                I never tried it in a custom map. I just think it would work better as a configurable mutator (atleast for the PC and partially config for the PS3). I mean if it was a mutator then at least it would work on every war map and maybe when onslaught gets up and running. I don't map and my coding skills are beginner at best. (I have always wanted a mutator that placed extra orbs in a map maybe 5 in total. Again I tried coding it and again mis-match errors). It would be really cool if the node health was somewhat higher so that people would be "forced" to use orbs more often.

The best I could do was a mutator that completely removes all nodes from warfare. I included the source.
                http://files.filefront.com/RemoveNod.../fileinfo.html
                Even this didn't work, I don't get it?
                Code:
                class PowerNode extends UTMutator;

function bool CheckReplacement(Actor Other)
                {
                    if (  Other.IsA('UTOnslaughtPowernode_Content')  )
                	{
                		return !Other.IsA('ConfigPowerNode');
                	}
                }

defaultproperties
                {
                }

Comment

nevermind I got the mutator to myself, Snarf you know how to make configurable mutators right? Well with the code below you will be able make one if you wanted too.

This what the mutator does:
                  Countdown nodes now are 30 seconds instead of 60.
                  Countdown nodes have half as much health.
                  Link gun 1.5x healing power to nodes.
                  Nodes have no protection orbs, can capture them right away.
                  Capture and Invulnerable radius is doubled.

Orbunfair (PC and PS3) Versions here:
                  http://files.filefront.com/OrbUnfair.../fileinfo.html

Comment

Working...
                  X